BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollbeads Fall Release 2011 details

+179
bbogorad amione
Amanda Mac (Dot)
KathyL
Lavender
Fay
Rainbow
trollglass
splinty
Freddie
Trollpetal
trollgirly
Mars85
snails
trollcat
busy bee
Elsie
dhoffman
freya
Sera
cutey2009
Luvasiamese2
Fee
Annette Miles
Jan
TinaLee
Vesty21
iluvbeads
PansyCat
maelstrom
BriChanel
Trollperle
LondonMugirl
plumbun
bubbagump
roxieboo
trollshopper
dakotacheryl
shiprat
Monkey
cottinghamgirl
lindakm
Beaden
saracat
sakyubc
eeyore
ceruleanbluebird
luvintrollbeads
Tee
beadlover
Katie
hayseed
cyndiinphilly
bead-aholic
SilverBells
Trollbear
Fera
Trollseeker
Guinivere
cymemont
harmony
Trollfan
chocoholic
Librarylil
Hodge
Merlyn
Miriel
shia
Dinmi
Kirstin
Jingles
Louey
Bsktbabe
regmoline
pmom
TrollsRus
trolliholic
ska
TrollTech
mrubin
beadiack
Anita
Una
jsoceka
Juniper
Kensington
Bugladydi
Caroline
Trollette
NMGirl
GRUMPY
ahmotheroftwo
agatha
Beady-Eyed
Dorabella
rainyday
Babsbeads
Poison_Ivy
Trollifer
Beadmama
Trollheim
cheekychop
MinnNorsk
Jackie
lecohen
tish
cyberfairy
LoopyLou
Blairkj
maggiemae
KJanish
vampbutterfly
Edelveise
Artemis
Mini Gnome
workerB4troll
Clochard
Veaa
laurenp
trolladdict
Pond
trollmoll
Wintertroll
neonfiller
lkeen
Molamola
cswan
rosyposy363
mermaidspurse
Lollipop
LindaJo
tonton
TrollBlossom
bijouxbabz
mandyjw
annateresa
Fuzzyfeet
naranja
bibi
charlibean
liana
Brightonbelle
Fleur
gypsy_grrrl
Michelle
Carla
Trollsister
TrollFantasy
DblJJ
Lucky Dragon
kitsunegrl
lyric_girl
kionee
soxfan
Daisylove
SnorkMaiden
Smaug
Tinka
blong
Beadgirl
capesandra
flowertroll
Tanjaatje
Trolls
Catsworld
Hisae
Teresa
Kathleen
lisa
Mouseoncheese
Bluesybeads
Silmaril
Chuck
snowy
Chewbacca
agnieszka
ZAKLINZ
Joolz
Trolldog
BeadThrilled
183 posters

Page 30 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Trollbeads Fall Release 2011 details - Page 30 Empty Re: Trollbeads Fall Release 2011 details

Post by Caroline Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:16 pm

naranja wrote:
Caroline wrote:
Naranja wrote:Dealers buy these at the same price as any other trollbead, it's the dealers that charge higher prices for more desirable OOAKs (because they know their customers will pay these prices). No one knows in advance whether any of the OOAKs or any of the styles seen in OOAKs will be brought into the production line, but it is the customer who decides what he/she is willing to pay for a bead. (I hope this came out right, I'm really tired and don't feel I got my point across...)
Actually, for Trollbeads dealers, Unique Trollbeads (OOAKs) are priced higher than regular production beads. Also, we must purchase them in kits of 6. Usually, they are shipped to us sight unseen, so the potential resale value is variable. We can not return them if we don't like them.

At least that is true in the US.
Thanks for clarifying Caroline, I didn't know they are actually priced higher in the US! I understand the downside of not being able to see them beforehand and having to buy them in sets. You cannot return at all? Not even if a set stays intact?

That's right, Uniques are not returnable at all. Most of the time, half of them are of quality and the other half are so-so. That's why the prices vary from retailer to retailer - you have to adjust the pricing to contend with the beads that may not sell.
Caroline
Caroline
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Fall Release 2011 details - Page 30 Empty Re: Trollbeads Fall Release 2011 details

Post by LoopyLou Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Daisylove wrote:
I have never been good in puzzles, but I don't see any differences between the new and the old lock lol!

What is the difference???

One extra petal Laughing
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:25 pm

Caroline wrote:
naranja wrote:
Caroline wrote:
Naranja wrote:Dealers buy these at the same price as any other trollbead, it's the dealers that charge higher prices for more desirable OOAKs (because they know their customers will pay these prices). No one knows in advance whether any of the OOAKs or any of the styles seen in OOAKs will be brought into the production line, but it is the customer who decides what he/she is willing to pay for a bead. (I hope this came out right, I'm really tired and don't feel I got my point across...)
Actually, for Trollbeads dealers, Unique Trollbeads (OOAKs) are priced higher than regular production beads. Also, we must purchase them in kits of 6. Usually, they are shipped to us sight unseen, so the potential resale value is variable. We can not return them if we don't like them.

At least that is true in the US.
Thanks for clarifying Caroline, I didn't know they are actually priced higher in the US! I understand the downside of not being able to see them beforehand and having to buy them in sets. You cannot return at all? Not even if a set stays intact?
That's right, Uniques are not returnable at all. Most of the time, half of them are of quality and the other half are so-so. That's why the prices vary from retailer to retailer - you have to adjust the pricing to contend with the beads that may not sell.
I know this is common practice here in NL as well. Jewelers place an order and will have to wait and see what they're getting. Only faulty items can be returned. Though a cherub whose nose has been polished away is not considered to be a faulty item... Rolling Eyes
The last resort for a LD here is to sell less attractive glass at 'discounted' prices though that doesn't seem to be allowed (at first). I can't blame my LDs not to take in OOAKs anymore at these conditions. Fortunately my LDs don't charge more for the attractive glass beads than recommended retail price.
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pond Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:31 pm

In the States, this was called buying "a Pig in a poke." A poke is a regional word for bag or sack and it meant that you were buying something you couldn't see.
Pond
Pond
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:35 pm

I have also understood, that building a lock is very difficult, and all the Trollbeads locks are based on the same system, (which you can not see with the eye as it is inside mechanism), and from there on, they 'built' the design, and not every design is suitable for this system..

Interesting point, and I can see how that would limit the designs they can use, but don't tell me they couldn't have stuck a spiral instead of a flower on the outside ! Laughing
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Pond wrote:In the States, this was called buying "a Pig in a poke." A poke is a regional word for bag or sack and it meant that you were buying something you couldn't see.

That's what "pig in a poke" means? Laughing
Caroline
Caroline
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:42 pm

maelstrom wrote:

I had thought about getting the redbalifrog dragon lock but someone on another forum advised me she has had to return it as it is very difficult to fasten so still looking for another lock

I have two of the RBF Dragon Locks and while it isn't the easiest lock to fasten, once you get the hang of it, it's no problem at all.
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:45 pm

Fuzzyfeet wrote:
I have also understood, that building a lock is very difficult, and all the Trollbeads locks are based on the same system, (which you can not see with the eye as it is inside mechanism), and from there on, they 'built' the design, and not every design is suitable for this system..

Interesting point, and I can see how that would limit the designs they can use, but don't tell me they couldn't have stuck a spiral instead of a flower on the outside ! Laughing

I guess not, but apparently it caused some trouble.

@LLou, I completely overlooked the extra petal LOL
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:06 pm

I have the current 2 tone lock, mainly because I wanted a 2 tone one, not because I thought this was the pretties lock that I had ever seen...
I tend to think the gold bit is a Bow...to me it just don't look like a flower Embarassed
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by agatha Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:13 pm

LoopyLou wrote:New gold/silver flower lock
(I hope they didn't burn too much midnight oil coming up with the idea for this one!)

Laughing you're funny
agatha
agatha
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:35 pm

maelstrom wrote:I was hoping for some more realistic wildlife/animal beads in this release especially otter, badger and meercat. I loved the otter bead design someone submitted in the competition.

I had thought about getting the redbalifrog dragon lock but someone on another forum advised me she has had to return it as it is very difficult to fasten so still looking for another lock

that otter was incredible.
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 pm

maelstrom wrote:I was hoping for some more realistic wildlife/animal beads in this release especially otter, badger and meercat. I loved the otter bead design someone submitted in the competition.

that otter was incredible.
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by lyric_girl Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:57 pm

As for the new lock, while many are disappointed that Troll seems to have simply redesigned the current lock, at least this flower is recognizable as a flower. Smile
lyric_girl
lyric_girl
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:11 pm

lyric_girl wrote:As for the new lock, while many are disappointed that Troll seems to have simply redesigned the current lock, at least this flower is recognizable as a flower. Smile

If they wanted a new flower lock they could have made a new tulip lock Razz
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:23 pm

It is sad that the most innovative design in these new beads is from the peoples competition. I see too many that are similar to beads from the past and current beads designs. I am saddened by this.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by TinaLee Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:48 pm

LoopyLou wrote:Old Gold/Silver flower lock

New gold/silver flower lock

(I hope they didn't burn too much midnight oil coming up with the idea for this one!)

Funny post
TinaLee
TinaLee
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by lkeen Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:11 pm

I'm really pleased with the coral colour! And Purple Dillo and Lake Eye are beautiful. I shall have to wait to see the silvers irl.
I always find diversity in the TB releases. I never want them all, there are always a few that I dislike and a few that dont bother me as well as the ones I love. This is what makes everyone's bracelets so unique. I might've liked the maternal one if it hadnt have been 2 tone, but I'm just not into gold (for which my wallet thanks me!)
lkeen
lkeen
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollheim Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:25 pm

LoopyLou wrote:
Daisylove wrote:
I have never been good in puzzles, but I don't see any differences between the new and the old lock lol!

What is the difference???

One extra petal Laughing

Wink ... is this an evolutionary upgrowth? And what will be the markup for one more golden petal??
Trollheim
Trollheim
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinka Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:28 pm

I think it's not so bad to improve a lock. As long as the price stays the same!

Tinka
Tinka
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fee Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Jay at last they do something with a pregnant mom! I'm so happy! I hope I will be pregnant soon. And I love the falling leaves and goldstones Very Happy

Edit: so,I'll be broken..Too much beautiful beads sunny And hi everybody,I'm new here Embarassed
Fee
Fee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Welcome to BT, Fee! Go introduce yourself in the Community section so you can get a proper welcome, with emoticons and everything.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:50 pm

cheers sunny cheers sunny Daisy white Welcome!
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blairkj Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:53 pm

snowy wrote:
lyric_girl wrote:As for the new lock, while many are disappointed that Troll seems to have simply redesigned the current lock, at least this flower is recognizable as a flower. Smile

If they wanted a new flower lock they could have made a new tulip lock Razz
A new tulip lock would have been fabulous!
I can't wait to see the new purple glass bead. I am drooling over the purple dillo! Drool
Blairkj
Blairkj
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnNorsk Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:19 pm

ME too...that dillo really got my attention...I love PURPLE anyway! I love you
MinnNorsk
MinnNorsk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by pmom Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:24 pm

I agree, a tulip lock would have been great or a version of the chess lock would have been a wonderful addition Smile I have the old silver/gold flower lock and I can't see myself buying a second lock that is so similar. I guess I will have to see it IRL.

pmom
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next