BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ask a gemstone question here aswel

3 posters

Go down

ask a gemstone question here aswel Empty ask a gemstone question here aswel

Post by Fairy3 Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:22 pm

As some of you might have read in a topic lower to this one Very Happy
I'm thinking of starting a bracelet for my neighbor who has been diagnosed with acute leukemia and she's always been so good to me and my girls when my mom was ill with cancer and I know she's not allowed to have any flowers or anything that may contain bacteria and I think starting a bracelet might be a sweet thing to do, the treatment might take up to two years before she knows if she can be cured from it
I read that chalcedony ruby or garnets might be fitting precious stones but if any one else had any experience with this?, some help will be appreciated I know they can't heal her but I think it's the thought that counts and building something for her so she can keep it as a reminder of her having to fight this.
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

ask a gemstone question here aswel Empty Re: ask a gemstone question here aswel

Post by Nancy Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:07 pm

When my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer I started a TB bracelet for her and every bit of good new however small I celebrated by giving her a bead. She said she could look at the bracelet growing and realize there were still some good things happening in her life. She now is cancer free and doing great and has a gorgeous bracelet she loves. It also helped me to have something to do to help her because I felt so helpless at the time. It's not really about the properties of the stones but the act of giving and love on your end that will give her strength knowing someone is thinking of her at this time. Good thoughts to you and your friend.
Nancy
Nancy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Nancy wrote:When my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer I started a TB bracelet for her and every bit of good new however small I celebrated by giving her a bead. She said she could look at the bracelet growing and realize there were still some good things happening in her life. She now is cancer free and doing great and has a gorgeous bracelet she loves. It also helped me to have something to do to help her because I felt so helpless at the time. It's not really about the properties of the stones but the act of giving and love on your end that will give her strength knowing someone is thinking of her at this time. Good thoughts to you and your friend.

Very Happy Thank you!
hope your sister is alright through al of this I know how helpless the feeling is.
She is blessed with a husband and 4 adult kids but the bad news has on no account sunk in yet I know the disbelieve they must feel being at the beginning of all of this Crying or Very sad
I just hope she makes it through to be able to enjoy her two grandkids and hopefully more to come.
I find that the saddest thing of all not having my mom around to enjoy being a grandmother like she should so I really hope my neighbor does get that chance!
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:32 pm

I think it is a wonderful and sweet idea! Your children are lucky to have had her to step in when your mother was fighting her battle with cancer. I hope and pray that your friend/neighbor is able to beat this! I think it will be treasured by her and her family, as a symbol of how much her kindness was appreciated during your mother's illness and how you are all with her in her fight for her life!
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:51 pm

I gave her a four leave clover from our garden so she can make a wish, I used to do that with my mom, every time I would find one I'd give it to her for good wishes.
I know they are just things and have no power but we created wishes and dreams around them like hope we make it to my child's birth or hope we make it to their first birthday or Christmas or new year :-)
We did it for nine years, and when trollbeads came out with the clover bead I just had to have it, it brings me so much fond memories.
So perhaps I can give her the same little things.
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down