BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sneak peek photos - please read

+57
blong
HunnyBunny
tlafontaine
kimvw
Sware
Bsktbabe
Engel
Lavender
Seahorse
Dinmi
mermaidspurse
BethyCW
margiegoodwin
Hisae
niceday
busy bee
GRUMPY
rainyday
Blairkj
Kathleen
snowy
Megram
Wintertroll
LindaJo
Lollipop
Daisylove
MartyPhilpot
stacecase
TrollRose
Fuzzyfeet
madyznsmom
BeadThrilled
melissah
Michelle
Treeinwind
Monique26
soxfan
DblJJ
Chuck
naranja
charlibean
cyberfairy
sparrow
Fairy3
Rainbow
Bluesybeads
trolliholic
Brightonbelle
Wildthing
tonton
stephenie
Trolldog
Trollsister
trollmoll
kitsunegrl
snails
LoopyLou
61 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sneak peek photos - please read - Page 3 Empty Re: Sneak peek photos - please read

Post by Michelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:23 pm

This can be a very complex thing. Like Brightonbelle I have delete some of my photo but when people have quote me my photo is picked up in the quote so I can not delete them and other people I think can pick them up to move them to other places? I think this is right. This is why I have not post new bracelets for a bit.
I do not now how to put my name in them yet to say this is mine.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek photos - please read - Page 3 Empty Re: Sneak peek photos - please read

Post by LoopyLou Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 pm

There is indeed a rule here....

http://www.beadthrilled.com/t198-before-you-sign-up

Which reads

The photos our members post, whether in the forum or the gallery belong to that member.
Please do not download them, or reproduce them without seeking the permission of the original poster

However, even without that rules, it should go without saying, that purely out of respect and courtesy that photos and images should not be taken from this forum
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:27 pm

I was very confused yesterday to do a Google image search on a type of Trollbead (I can't remember which one) and have the photo of my cat, the one that I am using as my avatar, appear amongst the first results. It felt very odd and not at all right.

We should remember that people do not even have to be logged onto the forum to have access to our images.

Last edited by Brightonbelle on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopyLou Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:27 pm

Michelle wrote:This can be a very complex thing. Like Brightonbelle I have delete some of my photo but when people have quote me my photo is picked up in the quote so I can not delete them and other people I think can pick them up to move them to other places? I think this is right. This is why I have not post new bracelets for a bit.
I do not now how to put my name in them yet to say this is mine.

If you were to use photobucket or similar, even if your post is quoted - if you have removed the photo from photobucket, the photo will not appear in the quote Very Happy
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Thank You Loopy Lou. I dont now what I did with photobucket I was not able to work it. So I have a long scheme to get a photo up here but it works so for that I am happy. I will get teached how to put my name on it in a beadthrilled way. I will try to learn photobucket as well more.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopyLou Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:I was very confused yesterday to do a Google image search on a type of Trollbead (I can't remember which one) and have the photo of my cat, the one that I am using as my avatar, appear amongst the first results. It felt very odd and not at all right.

We should remember that people do not even have to be logged onto the forum to have access to our images.

Different parts of the forum have different access levels BB
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopyLou Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:36 pm

Michelle wrote:Thank You Loopy Lou. I dont now what I did with photobucket I was not able to work it. So I have a long scheme to get a photo up here but it works so for that I am happy. I will get teached how to put my name on it in a beadthrilled way. I will try to learn photobucket as well more.

Hey, If I can work photobucket, anyone can Laughing

(I am thinking of starting my own forum called Luddites international....but I wouldn't know where to start! Laughing )
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:37 pm

[quote="Wildthing"]
tonton wrote:
stephenie wrote:
Trolldog wrote:Totally agree. I actually think there should be some sort of penalty for this. Especially after the explicit instructions from Sita. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THESE PICTURES ANYWHERE...Come on, how hard is that to comprehend??? Shame that one person can ruin it for alot of others.

Agree

Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree

Agree To me this is common courtesy and common sense. If it AIN'T YOURS, DON'T SHARE IT!
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:39 pm

was it a cat~er~pillow bead Brightonbelle?

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 pm

LoopyLou wrote:
Brightonbelle wrote:I was very confused yesterday to do a Google image search on a type of Trollbead (I can't remember which one) and have the photo of my cat, the one that I am using as my avatar, appear amongst the first results. It felt very odd and not at all right.

Different parts of the forum have different access levels BB

The image of my (now deleted) Columbine bracelet was the top Google hit for Trollbeads Columbine for quite a while so I think that the Bracelets section must be accessible.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:45 pm

Michelle wrote:was it a cat~er~pillow bead Brightonbelle?

Very Happy No but it should have been.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:50 pm

LoopyLou wrote:There is indeed a rule here....

http://www.beadthrilled.com/t198-before-you-sign-up

Which reads

The photos our members post, whether in the forum or the gallery belong to that member.
Please do not download them, or reproduce them without seeking the permission of the original poster

However, even without that rules, it should go without saying, that purely out of respect and courtesy that photos and images should not be taken from this forum

Nice reminder - thank you! Very Happy

Maybe a link should be posted with sneak-peek photos Very Happy
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopyLou Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:51 pm

Great idea Bluesy, your comments will be taken on board
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:56 pm

FYI I just logged out of Beadthrilled, typed the title of one of my bracelets into Google, clicked for images, found my own photo and stole it without having to log back in. There is nothing to stop anyone doing the same.

Obviously strangers don't know the title of my bracelet but lots of our bracelet images do show up on public search engines just because we mention the beads on them.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by MartyPhilpot Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:58 pm

madyznsmom wrote:I am not sure if I an considered an established member. I love it hear on BT and I consider this forum the BEST forum for Trollbeads and beads of artisans and other brands. I love the warmth of this community and admin/mods. There is no other forum IMO that I can share any brand of beads with and enjoy the company of all the members of this group as much as I do here on BT.

I'm in total agreement, Madyznsmom!!! I love this forum, the mods, admins, the members who are so very kind, creative, and informative! I feel more at home here than on any other forum!

MartyPhilpot
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopyLou Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:08 pm

BB, your observations will also be taken on board for future tweaks and changes Smile
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:31 am

I love the sneak peaks so please keep them coming, it just brings the excitement that allmost feels the same as having your birthday and not knowing what kind of presents you can expect.
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipop Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Just a note, if you don't want your pictures visible on Google images, just make sure not to post them in sections that are visible to non-members.
You can see which sections they are by logging out, and seeing what you have access to.
I think the 'show your bracelet designs' section IS available for anyone to see, so if members have issues with those images being freely available we would have to create another section in a members only area.
Lollipop
Lollipop
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:23 pm

I don't mind. I was just pointing it out to anyone that did. I delete my old images because I think they are a waste of space if nobody is looking at them.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:57 pm

As BB pointed out, some photos are available through Google to anyone, and the searcher would probably never even see our forum rules or any statement within the topic post. You may have to put a sentence at the bottom corner of every image as well as having the Beadthrilled script watermark across the image.

Still, that only deters honest people!

Right-click disabling probably stops the average PC user, but MAC users can grab images anyway with the screenshot tool. And I think there are screenshot apps available for PCs. Again, right-click disabling only stops the honest folks.

Thanks for the note, Lollipop, I usually forget what parts of the forum are accessible to whom.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintertroll Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Wow. This type of thing is why I am such a paranoid computer user. I feel like I just start to let down my guard and people stealing our photos and "sneak peeks" occurs. There are days that I am just so dissappointed in humanity.
Wintertroll
Wintertroll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Megram Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:54 pm

Wintertroll wrote:Wow. This type of thing is why I am such a paranoid computer user. I feel like I just start to let down my guard and people stealing our photos and "sneak peeks" occurs. There are days that I am just so dissappointed in humanity.

Agree I too am paranoid ... frightened of my own shadow re FB etc. Was even reluctant to give my bank details to PP Smile

Megram
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:21 am

BeadThrilled wrote:I think it is a matter of common decency not to take pictures to repost them elsewhere.

Unfortunately, such information is like social currency for some people. They misuse it to enhance their own sense of self-worth. To claim that they were simply helping others by spreading the news is disingenuous. Whoever wants to know be directed to BT for the information firsthand.

BeadThrilled wrote:I'm sure you won't blame me for getting annoyed upon finding out that sneak peeks are taken (usually by hardly/non-contributing members) posted to facebook groups and when asking about it receiving (indirect, usually) abusive comments or messages back.

Someone who is discourteous enough to deliberately misuse privileged information will not have the good conscience to be contrite or the good graces to apologize.

I guess there will need to be a way to restrict access so we can continue to get access to the sneak peeks.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:14 am

Brightonbelle wrote:FYI I just logged out of Beadthrilled, typed the title of one of my bracelets into Google, clicked for images, found my own photo and stole it without having to log back in. There is nothing to stop anyone doing the same.

Obviously strangers don't know the title of my bracelet but lots of our bracelet images do show up on public search engines just because we mention the beads on them.

Google is like the brain of modern internet world - sucking everything in and never deleting a bit. Other than a very few pics or posts, that where made in very closed groups, everything shows up there.
BUT there usually is a disclaimer on every photo in google - left upper corner !
Sorry, can´t show the English version on my computer. It´s just that most people don´t care !!

google
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:26 pm

In English, it just says, Images may be subject to copyright. In very fine print, off to the side, not on the image itself.

But you are right, snowy, most people ignore it.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next