BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sneak peek photos - please read

+57
blong
HunnyBunny
tlafontaine
kimvw
Sware
Bsktbabe
Engel
Lavender
Seahorse
Dinmi
mermaidspurse
BethyCW
margiegoodwin
Hisae
niceday
busy bee
GRUMPY
rainyday
Blairkj
Kathleen
snowy
Megram
Wintertroll
LindaJo
Lollipop
Daisylove
MartyPhilpot
stacecase
TrollRose
Fuzzyfeet
madyznsmom
BeadThrilled
melissah
Michelle
Treeinwind
Monique26
soxfan
DblJJ
Chuck
naranja
charlibean
cyberfairy
sparrow
Fairy3
Rainbow
Bluesybeads
trolliholic
Brightonbelle
Wildthing
tonton
stephenie
Trolldog
Trollsister
trollmoll
kitsunegrl
snails
LoopyLou
61 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sneak peek photos - please read - Page 5 Empty Re: Sneak peek photos - please read

Post by LindaJo Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:17 am

Lizziecw wrote:My twopence worth...I lurked for a long time not because I wanted to check out the scoops but because I was new to Trollbeads and didn't want to look foolish...I think sometimes it's nice to lurk and learn and when you feel comfortable enough crack on and post. I'm not a scoop stealer and I'd hate to miss out on seeing the good stuff just because I don't post so often and my name isn't recognised. I've always respected the rules of the forum and I'd hate to be punished because of the actions of a few...
I know what you mean, Lizziecw. But I don't think you should construe it as punishment. It's not directly meant to punish lurkers. It's more like a reward for those who do contribute to the community.

It is hard to come up with any perfect way to limit the exposure and risks.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek photos - please read - Page 5 Empty Re: Sneak peek photos - please read

Post by Dinmi Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Ow it would be a real bummer if we'd lose the sneak peaks. I don't consider myself an established member (yet!) so if I am banned from seeing the SP's or any other part of the forum, so be it, those are the rules.
But please then ban me from all associated topics aswell so I don't read all the excitement but can't see the cause of all that happiness Smile.

It is disturbing how everything can be found on the internet. One of the reasons I don't do FB or Hyves or all those other "fun places". I don't need to be found, but still I know I am not anonymous on the internet, nobody is, no matter how hard you try.

Dinmi
Dinmi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Seahorse Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:28 pm

I have to admit I was a lurker for a long time here. Embarassed I'm trying to post more now, but sometimes I have to type so much at work that I don't want to do any more typing when I get home. So I just enjoy all the pictures and stories on the forum which, for me, is a great way to relax. I would never steal pictures and copy them somewhere else. I hope that I can continue to enjoy the sneak peeks.
Seahorse
Seahorse
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:06 am

I don't mind lurkers at all! I also think it's everyone's right not to post. Nothing wrong with not posting at all. Everyone is new at some point. It's the blatant stealing of someone else's pictures and posting them elsewhere when it's been plainly stated not to that I think is wrong. Once when a member here found a bead I wanted to find one like I PM'd her to ask if it would be ok if I posted her pic in the "wanted" section to see if I could locate a bead like hers. She was kind enough to let me use the pic. I think that is just common courtesy among members here. I would not have ever used her pic had she said no. It was her bead and her pic. If we need to go rogue and find out who is the culprit, I'm willing to assume an alias.......It is just the same as stealing IMHO. Get your own source and make your own pics. Then you can post what ever you want!!!!! DO NOT ruin it for the majority of us who do obey the rules and don't steal.....capiche?????

And on top of that, it's just plain disrespectful of our Admin and Mods who work very hard to provide things here for us that can't be found elsewhere. I've not seen pics other places, but then I don't go much of anywhere else either...LOL
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:58 pm

How many posts are reqiured to watch the sneak peeks at the moment? I am able to see the Sale-and-swap-section but not the actual sneak peek of the Hong Kong beads.
Lavender
Lavender
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:03 pm

Trolldog wrote:I don't mind lurkers at all! I also think it's everyone's right not to post. Nothing wrong with not posting at all. Everyone is new at some point. It's the blatant stealing of someone else's pictures and posting them elsewhere when it's been plainly stated not to that I think is wrong. Once when a member here found a bead I wanted to find one like I PM'd her to ask if it would be ok if I posted her pic in the "wanted" section to see if I could locate a bead like hers. She was kind enough to let me use the pic. I think that is just common courtesy among members here. I would not have ever used her pic had she said no. It was her bead and her pic. If we need to go rogue and find out who is the culprit, I'm willing to assume an alias.......It is just the same as stealing IMHO. Get your own source and make your own pics. Then you can post what ever you want!!!!! DO NOT ruin it for the majority of us who do obey the rules and don't steal.....capiche?????

And on top of that, it's just plain disrespectful of our Admin and Mods who work very hard to provide things here for us that can't be found elsewhere. I've not seen pics other places, but then I don't go much of anywhere else either...LOL
Agree Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil afro
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:05 pm

snails wrote:I'm sorry to hear that such behavior occurred.

I have greatly enjoyed having the "sneak peeks" and would be so disappointed if they had to be discontinued. However, I do understand why such a decision would need to be made if the pics continue to be leaked. I certainly hope no future leaks will occur so that we may all continue to enjoy them.

Thanks to all who do the "detective work"!!! My hats off to you all!! cheers

I agree, and think members should think long and hard before doing something like this and spoiling the fun for everybody else in the future.
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

http://pinterest.com/uilaengelblank/ http://uilaengelblank.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Trolldog wrote:Totally agree. I actually think there should be some sort of penalty for this. Especially after the explicit instructions from Sita. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THESE PICTURES ANYWHERE...Come on, how hard is that to comprehend??? Shame that one person can ruin it for alot of others.

agrred, trolldog!

Brightonbelle wrote:It is impossible to save images off certain commercial sites. Could anything be done to prevent people saving photos from the forum?

if people want they will take a screen shot of the picture anyway. BT shouldn't need to do that in order to avoid an irresponsible member from doing that. the member that disrespects this in the future should be banned for at least a month. if possible ban the id of the members computer so she wouldn't be able to access the forum even logged off
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:16 pm

BeadThrilled wrote:Not sure I understand your message, sorry for that!

Currently any registered visitor (0 posts) can view the sneak peeks, but next time only "established members by appointment" can see them. Admittance to that group is irrelevant of number of posts and arbitrary. We usually have a clear picture of members before being admitted to that group. But in the unfortunate case we may have overlooked someone you can always send us a message.

I hope I can be considered an stablished member here already *crosses fingers and hopes*
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Banning one computer id won't help. There are at least 4 computers I regularly use to access BT, not to mention the occasional use of my glacially slow Blackberry.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Bsktbabe Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:47 pm

tonton wrote:
stephenie wrote:
Trolldog wrote:Totally agree. I actually think there should be some sort of penalty for this. Especially after the explicit instructions from Sita. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THESE PICTURES ANYWHERE...Come on, how hard is that to comprehend??? Shame that one person can ruin it for alot of others.

Agree

Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree

Sometimes I think people just feel entitled to information and don't care about the rules set forth in the forums. I haven't read this entire thread, but I appreciate the tight reins that the admins have on this subject. I read alot of badmouthing and criticizing of BT admins and mods, and found it pretty offensive. Just my Two cents

Bsktbabe
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://www.longaberger.com/beckymitchell

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Bluesybeads wrote:Sneak peek photos - please read - Page 5 715426 I have so longed for using this sign Sneak peek photos - please read - Page 5 715426

Well, the topic was about sneak peak photos of beads, remember?

I do not know how many of you saw it, but a new member (now ex-member) had used some of her first posts to repost a photo of mine here on Beadthrilled. I had posted my original photo on another forum and in a thread here as well. I was both surprised and flattered but also offended and irritated but mostly confused. What was the motive to repost my photo? What should I do about it? Why would anyone infringe on my rights to my own photo? Well, I reported it of course, but the feeling of unease remains. And the question who to trust as well.

Some forums have a disclaimer that all members have to read and accept when entering. This disclaimer contains conduct, rights to written material and photos, etc. Maybe a similar page could be added for all new (and old) members to accept.

Just an idea!

repost in with way? claiming it was hers? i think i have posted somewhere before pictures i found on google and found beautiful, maybe even here? but when posting i would say the bracelet or the picture weren't mine and found in google! so maybe it was the same with her?
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadThrilled Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Engel wrote:
BeadThrilled wrote:Not sure I understand your message, sorry for that!

Currently any registered visitor (0 posts) can view the sneak peeks, but next time only "established members by appointment" can see them. Admittance to that group is irrelevant of number of posts and arbitrary. We usually have a clear picture of members before being admitted to that group. But in the unfortunate case we may have overlooked someone you can always send us a message.

I hope I can be considered an stablished member here already *crosses fingers and hopes*
I've made a few amendment indeed! Wink

The bad mouthing and attitude that went with the reposting was what made the decision final about limited access. Sherlocks at times take a risk in providing the material, if people can't respect our wish while we love to share... then so be it. I am really sorry for those missing out on it.
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sware Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:29 pm

I have had access , but not anymore?
Sware
Sware
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by kimvw Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:36 pm

The bad mouthing and attitude that went with the reposting was what made the decision final about limited access. Sherlocks at times take a risk in providing the material, if people can't respect our wish while we love to share... then so be it. I am really sorry for those missing out on it.

I didn't know about the bad mouthing. So they steal your images and then are completely rude? I think it's the anonymity of the internet. People can be rude and offensive but since you don't know who they are there is nothing you can do about it.
That's why I usually just stick with a few forums where you actually get to know people.
Hopefully this will be the end of it!
kimvw
kimvw
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:39 pm

LindaJo wrote:Most every forum or email list I've ever belonged to, has had a silent majority, more lurkers than posters.

I remember a forum i registered that said if you didn't post one post on the day you first logged in and 15 posts on the first week or month (don't remember, don't go there anymore), your account would be deleted. this was just for the first posts, not every week or month by the way. i think it is nice, like this there aren't that many people just lurking in the shadows, they HAVE to show themselves. lol

rainyday wrote:Oh wow! I just Googled "naked Trollbeads" and there they are! Those X-rated pictures of me modelling nothing but my trollbeads!!! Aw well, you all are welcome to snag them & repost on your Facebook groups. No permission needed, enjoy!

Rolling Eyes Laughing

noo, now I'm curious and will have to google that! Smile
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:40 pm

kimvw wrote:

I didn't know about the bad mouthing. So they steal your images and then are completely rude? I think it's the anonymity of the internet. People can be rude and offensive but since you don't know who they are there is nothing you can do about it.
That's why I usually just stick with a few forums where you actually get to know people.
Hopefully this will be the end of it!

didn't know either. that is just sad, really. Sad
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:49 pm

Engel wrote:I remember a forum i registered that said if you didn't post one post on the day you first logged in and 15 posts on the first week or month (don't remember, don't go there anymore), your account would be deleted. this was just for the first posts, not every week or month by the way. i think it is nice, like this there aren't that many people just lurking in the shadows, they HAVE to show themselves. lol

I think that I have been a member of that or a similar forum and it seems a good idea. It gives a little extra push so that people realise that it isn't hard to introduce themselves and chat a little. (It is possible to say quite a lot with smileys even if English is not your first language and you don't feel confident using it.)
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bsktbabe Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:53 pm

I am guilty of not posting or visiting every day.If I kneww I had to, I would make more of an effort. I really think the bigger issue isn't not having 4000+ posts. I was a first day member and haven't quite hit 500. The larger BT gets, the harder it is to be able to keep up and to get to "know" the other members.

Bsktbabe
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://www.longaberger.com/beckymitchell

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:57 pm

margiegoodwin wrote:
BeadThrilled wrote:But cheaper.... well, if you are online all day and don't shop online too that is Laughing

LOL I get inspired when I spend too much time here Laughing Then I go shopping online! cheers

hahaha, me too! if it wasn't for this forum i bet i wouldn't be half in love with troll as I am now!
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by tlafontaine Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Endangered Trolls Facebook has a couple of entries for the Australian & Hong Kong world tours, with a photo of a design sketch book, can't make out what it really is, but being left in the dark increases your imagination so you won't be disappointed when you see the real thing.

tlafontaine
tlafontaine
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by HunnyBunny Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:40 am

The internet has made the world very small and unfortunately, people with computer knowledge can manipulate all sorts of things. It makes me sad to know people have been taking images from the forum and re-posting elsewhere, just not decent and so disrespectful of others. What ever happened to the good old days that a handshake was as good as your word? Just not the case anymore sadly. Crying or Very sad
HunnyBunny
HunnyBunny
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by blong Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:40 am

Monique26 wrote:^ I am a lurker trying my best to be a poster!

Me too!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

blong
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by blong Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:59 am

It is really sad when a few people have to ruin things for everyone. Though I visit at least once a day, I seldom post. I'm ill and with my condition I find it very hard to converse, virtually or in real life. BT is one of the highlights of my day. I love the tips from more experienced trollies and their photos as well.
I really look forward to each sneak peek. I hope there will be a way to filter out the suspicious "lurkers", so we who truly enjoy and appreciate BT can continue to do so. Two cents

blong
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:50 am

{{blong}}
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next