BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Greyhound News - Now with a picture

+17
dutchmilkmaid
DblJJ
retiredk9racer
Anne
Ninbey
snowy
Fuzzyfeet
lecohen
trollcat
ZAKLINZ
Blairkj
Sherry
My 4 Trollboys
Merlyn
Brightonbelle
Carla
lisa
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Happy Greyhound News - Now with a picture Empty Happy Greyhound News - Now with a picture

Post by lisa Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:35 am

Got a happy text tonight from the jeweler. My Greyhound lock is ready to be picked up. Hope I am happy with it. It is pretty exciting. I'll be able to wear it tomorrow! A happy thought after the rough past few days.

UPDATE: I now am wearing the lock with a short silver bracelet. It's been great with a few small silvers. It can be worn alone or with another full bracelet. Soon I will try it out with a nice navy blue leather bracelet. Here is the picture -

Happy Greyhound News - Now with a picture Greyho10

Many thanks again to the sweet Trollfairy who made the purchase possible for me.

Last edited by lisa on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
lisa
lisa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Happy Greyhound News - Now with a picture Empty Re: Happy Greyhound News - Now with a picture

Post by Carla Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:19 am

Lisa, I know that the Greyhound Lock will bring you lots of good luck and happy memories when you wear it. Looking forward to seeing the new combo. Group hug
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Happy Greyhound News - Now with a picture Empty Re: Happy Greyhound News - Now with a picture

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:21 am

Brilliant - what a lovely thing to look forward to.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlyn Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Wow! How exciting! Will look forward to seeing some pictures of it Very Happy My greyhound lock is with the jewellers at the moment being put onto a bracelet, just hope I got the right size when it's all put together!!!
Merlyn
Merlyn
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by My 4 Trollboys Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:27 pm

Oooo how lovely ....I cant wait to see it be sure to show us cheers
My 4 Trollboys
My 4 Trollboys
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Please post pictures for all to see. I am so happy for you! cheers
Sherry
Sherry
Sherry
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Blairkj Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Good news. I can't wait to see a picture of it on a bracelet. I am patiently waiting for my greyhound lock to arrive.
Blairkj
Blairkj
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:16 am

I hope you enjoy your new lock! I really want one and I have been trying to figure out how to get on this list, and what the U.S. cost would be. Could you help me or point me in the right direction, please? scratch Melissa
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:26 pm

cheers Happy for you Lisa, hope you love it!
Zaklinz here is a link: http://www.beadthrilled.com/t1734-greyhound-lock
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by lecohen Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:25 pm

Can't wait to see, I'd love one of these!
lecohen
lecohen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:03 am

Updated with picture at top of thread.
lisa
lisa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:33 am

Thanks for the pic. I agree that the lock looks brilliant just with those little silvers.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:28 am

I just love that lock ! Very Happy
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:52 am

How beautiful!! Very Happy
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:23 pm

I love your design with the small silvers ! Looks perfect with the Greyhound lock Very Happy

Enjoy you new lock !!
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninbey Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:55 pm

That lock is so beautiful and those retired silvers are TDF! Lucky you!
Ninbey
Ninbey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:51 pm

I almost drooled on my keyboard, that's so pretty! Enjoy wearing it!
Anne
Anne
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

http://www.barbetalba.web-log.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Beautiful Lisa!! Can I ask what size bracelet you normally wear and what size did you purchase to go with the greyhound lock? And, how long is the greyhound lock with the lobster clasps on it? I am waiting for my greyhound lock to arrive and need to figure out which length bracelet to get to use with it. Thanks!!
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by DblJJ Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:26 am

Your jeweler did an awesome job. I too have wanted the lock but dismissed the idea because it was not tranferable from one bracelet to the other. But now the lock is moving up on my wish list.
DblJJ
DblJJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:04 am

I'll have to get a ruler and measure and I will do that soon. I took a double clasp in plus the lock and had the small lobster put on the clasp part of the lock. The other half got the big lobster. Cost was $4 since I brought all the parts. I decided I'd try it this way and if I didn't like it, I could permanently attach it to one bracelet later.

Good news--I can use the lock on leather or silver. Bad news--it's a bunch of lobsters and lobster to lobster will cover most of the top of my wrist.
lisa
lisa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:12 pm

I appreciate it! I have seen where people have the non-clasp end permanently attached to the larger loop on a short bracelet and then a lobster clasp permanently attached to the clasp end which they attached to the small loop on the bracelet. This way they can use the clasp end on other bracelets, similar to the large lock or fish lock. You might want to check into that Lisa if you decide to permanently attach the lock to a bracelet.
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by DblJJ Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:59 pm

That sounds like a very good workable compromise.
DblJJ
DblJJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:11 pm

Total length of a regular bracelet full of beads --end of lock to end of large bracelet loop is approx 21cm (8.25"). Bracelet is probably the 7.1" (18cm).

Total length of this bracelet with greyhound lock is about 19cm (7.5"). The bracelet itself is about 13cm (5 1/8"). Not sure if I bought the right size since it actually measures quite a bit shorter than the fully loaded regular bracelet. Of course, with nearly 2" less length in the bracelet, probably 4-6 less beads will fit on if it is fully loaded.

Hope I didn't totally confuse you. Will be glad to answer more questions if it will help you out.
lisa
lisa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchmilkmaid Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Very dainty!
dutchmilkmaid
dutchmilkmaid
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by lecohen Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:40 am

looks fabbo!
lecohen
lecohen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next