BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have HUGE news about re-released beads.

+67
hayseed
kionee
Mouseoncheese
lisa
GRUMPY
Kathleen
rainyday
trollcat
Trollsister
Bsktbabe
Fuzzyfeet
klokke
Daisylove
AquaAura
splinty
Lollipop
carols
mermaidspurse
lecohen
dansketroll
BeeBeeshummer
LindaJo
Chuck
SilverBells
nanatrollie
Juniper
BethyCW
Paixxx
Pond
BeadBarmey
Reive
Elsie
stephenie
Fairy3
Smaug
Jules
Catsworld
DblJJ
Michelle
Fera
kimvw
blong
Anita
stacecase
Joolz
Pandabee(uk)
Engel
Tinka
mdellanno
Brightonbelle
agatha
swisstroll
Trollfee
Trollperle
iluvbeads
troll2011
Dinmi
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldog
Wintertroll
kitsunegrl
neonfiller
Blairkj
trollmoll
Jan
Bugladydi
soxfan
71 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

I have HUGE news about re-released beads. - Page 3 Empty Re: I have HUGE news about re-released beads.

Post by DblJJ Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:01 pm

stacecase wrote:
Trolldog wrote:Hope the grumblers are happy now. It does NOT bring me one bit of pleasure to know that I have a crane or any other bead and alot of people want one and can't get one. Am I just stupid here??? What is the satisfaction in knowing that?? I completely do NOT understand people. What the heck difference does it make? You have one, why do you want others NOT to have one? Thank you Lord for not letting me have that mindset...I think it says alot about people...JMHO My crane would not be devalued one bit if they were to make a reproduction so others could have one. Oh, wait a minute...I buy beads because I love them, not for resale value.....dang.....now I get it....... Sarcasm

ABSOLUTELY, PERFECTLY SAID, WISE TROLLDOG Smile ...I COULD NOT AGREE MORE. Crying or Very sad

Could not agree more.
DblJJ
DblJJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

I have HUGE news about re-released beads. - Page 3 Empty Re: I have HUGE news about re-released beads.

Post by Catsworld Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:13 pm

I am one of the grumblers, you can beat me or not...

Since the re-release of the Joyful I have been very unhappy with my "expensive" Joyful, and not only with that one, all my Retireds have become quite meaningless to me,
Am I happy now? no not really...I don't care any longer for Retireds, I have lost confidence in TB alltogether, they do what they think they have to do and that is o.k for me, I cannot change it anyway..

Trolldog, why do you assume that all people who felt unhappy about the re-release must be bad people, greedy and full of enviousness, grudge or whatsoever? (English is not my first language, sorry-- maybe you know what I mean)

I will never ever in all my life not pay inflated prices for one bead as I have done before, so that is for me the real good news, I have not made money with selling of retired TB's, I have been buying TB's at inflated prices.. and yes, I have been able to do so... am I a bad person because of that?

Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:25 pm

I think re-releases take away some of the magic to be honest..thrill of the chase and all that...But selfishly I am very happy with my pink prisms and Joyful Embarassed

At the end of the day it's not some great moral or ethical issue..people who are not happy about the re- release are not 'bad' people ..they probably just enjoy having a special collection and I don't see anything wrong with that...It's not clean water or life-saving medication and we don't have some automatic entitlement to beads....I personally would love a Yahmamoto wardrobe but it aint happening.. Wink
Jules
Jules
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:29 pm

Jules, well said, TB is not a life - saving medicine,
TB is only one tiny aspect of my life, I will not let it become that big to command all my doings..my life does not depend on TB, be it Retireds or not, there are more important things in life! sunny sunny sunny
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Well I'm STILL sulking......I WANT A CRANE!!! I have HUGE news about re-released beads. - Page 3 1886
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:40 pm

There's a little misunderstanding I believe about the provided info. While it is true that no retireds are expected to be rereleased (soon) as has been mentioned by TB US, it was not said [other] retireds are never going to be rereleased. It is not anticipated... as TBs focus is not on rereleasing retireds but on bringing new designs. However the Joyful has been rereleased because of the huge request for that bead.... The presumed 'devaluation' of (original) retired bead(s) was of no influence.

So personally it wouldn't surprise me if the Crane would follow suit. Wink I also think from a business perspective the rereleasing of retireds will not hurt Trollbeads at all. Yes, some collectors will be very annoyed and perhaps angry, but they don't outweigh the # of new customers/collectors that will appreciate the gesture of providing those collectables at affordable prices. Myself I got a few retireds for 'ahum Not all there prices'. But seeing those beads rereleased didn't upset me the least. I have enjoyed my prized beads and that's what matters to me most.

I really appreciate Lise for bringing back the Joyful to so many new collectors at an acceptable price. Rereleasing coveted retireds will prove to have many benefits for the brand, collectors and official retailers, so I'm very much looking forward to see other rereleases.
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:43 pm

I think people who are not aware of all these discussions that are going on about troll are the "lucky" ones , they are, IMO, the ones that can purely enjoy what beads they have chosen and perhaps been given. I think in this matter there is no win win situation regardless of the decisions Trollbeads makes from now on, there will keep on being discussions between the "older" collectors and the "new"

The way I feel now is I think I need to move on to an other brand that can just be enjoyed for what they create without judgement and with an open mind, liking some things yes and disliking other things also, because that is what makes each and everyone unique not weather or not a bead is old, new, released or what ever other thing that might be going on. But just an accessory to express what we want to express on the outside??

I can understand where everyone is coming from but at the end of the day it is still just a secondary piece of art that everyone of us can do without, we are amongst the lucky ones to be able to afford something like this while others may only dream of owning something gorgeous like that of their own one day. And it's not worth arguing about over and over and over again.

Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:43 pm

cheers....that is all;

except I may need chocolate now. I have HUGE news about re-released beads. - Page 3 257890
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Fairy3 wrote:

The way I feel now is I think I need to move on to an other brand that can just be enjoyed for what they create without judgement and with an open mind,

that is the way I have already started, I will buy more Eske-Beads, a few Bowers, maybe some more RBF's , artisan glass...or nothing at all, I have so many beads, do not even know when to wear them all..
TB has become rather unimportant for me.
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Pandabee(uk) wrote:cheers....that is all;

except I may need chocolate now. I have HUGE news about re-released beads. - Page 3 257890

Agree Funny post - Chocolate IS medicine lol!
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:54 pm

I think I'll wait for what ever gorgeous beads that come along from FB and I love the kangaroo Bower bead so that is one definitely on my wish list but for now I'm waiting for a dragon lock and chain and I'm just enjoying all the beads I use now and love as I think everyone else should to Wink that is what the beads are all about Very Happy
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by stephenie Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:58 pm

TBHQ doesn't decide to retire their best selling beads so that the secondary market becomes inflated. They decide to retire beads that aren't selling that well. Apparently joyful wasn't selling that well when it was still part of the regular inventory. Any decisions TB makes will have to do with THEIR bottom line, not collectors. I would take any rumors with a grain of salt. I seriously think that if TBHQ thinks they will make money rereleasing more retireds, they will do it without much thought for collectors or resellers. As someone who won't pay high prices for beads, this pleases me. However, if they don't rerelease any more retireds, then I must say how happy I am that the bead they choose to release was the joyful, as that is the only one I was interested in anyways. Very Happy

However, as Brightonbelle stated, it is time to redo the antique flower. Surely they can make a darker green bead with purple flowers.
stephenie
stephenie
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fera Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Fairy3 you are very wise! I like your arguments! Smile

I do not think that everyone with a retired bead is a leach. I do not think that you are all trying to sell them at the most opertune time for the most cash!

I do how ever like the thought of some retireds comming back for those of us that don´t have enough money to spend on retireds or simply can´t find one for sale at all.

I have some retireds that are sold at the inflated prices but I got lucky in most cases. Some I had help to find and some I have found on our version of ebay. As TB aren´t as well known here as Pandora is they sell fairly cheep and the retireds aren´t known at all.

I am one of those people that don´t do doubles so IF I find a retired that I allready have I trade it or sell it for the price I bought it, not to the "market value".
I think most of us here on this forum are like that. Helpfull and kind. At least I have allways found you guys to be that. Smile
Fera
Fera
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsie Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Trolldog wrote:Hope the grumblers are happy now. It does NOT bring me one bit of pleasure to know that I have a crane or any other bead and alot of people want one and can't get one. Am I just stupid here??? What is the satisfaction in knowing that?? I completely do NOT understand people. What the heck difference does it make? You have one, why do you want others NOT to have one? Thank you Lord for not letting me have that mindset...I think it says alot about people...JMHO My crane would not be devalued one bit if they were to make a reproduction so others could have one. Oh, wait a minute...I buy beads because I love them, not for resale value.....dang.....now I get it....... Sarcasm

Agree
Elsie
Elsie
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:17 pm

ok, here is the quote:

No,they have cancelled the plans for more releases of retired beads. They got the message from the colllectors and decided against it. Too many angry collectors!

and I have no idea if she wanted me to repeat it or not, she didn't say. It is a quote from a LARGE United States troll dealer (possibly the largest) who has direct conversations with Lise.

soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Reive Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:21 pm

I feel pretty ambivilant about this, there are still a lot of lovely non retired that I want to buy anyway and my daughter can only go without new shoes for so long! Wink

There's also a large part of me that fundamentally doesn't agree with limited releases of previously retired beads. Not because I think it's unfair on those who purchased the original bead or that I think this in some way devalues the original but mainly just because it makes people think they have to buy it now or lose the chance forever and that causes knee jerk reactions and purchases. I had to think really really hard about whether I wanted joyful or not and came really close to getting carried away with the sheer excitement of a rerelease. When I stopped and really thought about it i realised that actually I didn't want this bead and were it on general release I wouldn't buy it. I realised I only wanted it because everyone else did and it was on limited release.

I'm a bit relieved that I won't have to go through that soul searching again and can go back to ignoring whether a bead is limited in one way or another and instead purchase solely on the aesthetics of the bead itself.

I also don't think for one minute that TB won't reverse this latest decision if they see $$$ in it for them. It looks like every single rereleased Joyful will be snapped up the moment it hits a dealer, when the profits from that start rolling in any smart marketer would be looking for the next bead to rerelease ...
Reive
Reive
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by stephenie Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:30 pm

soxfan wrote:ok, here is the quote:

No,they have cancelled the plans for more releases of retired beads. They got the message from the colllectors and decided against it. Too many angry collectors!

and I have no idea if she wanted me to repeat it or not, she didn't say. It is a quote from a LARGE United States troll dealer (possibly the largest) who has direct conversations with Lise.

Hmm, would this also be the same person who denied, denied, denied that the pink prism was going to rereleased, even after she herself posted a pic of that bead? And also the same person who tried to unload her own pink prisms at a still inflated, but lower, price once rumors started floating around about the prisms while she was still denying. This dealer still has many retireds for sale on her website at huge markups. I would take anything said with a grain of salt. Maybe there won't be more, maybe there will. Time will tell.
stephenie
stephenie
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:32 pm

If 'she' is the source then a very large pinch of salt is required after the last debacle.
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:35 pm

I think so........ Neutral
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:36 pm

you think it benefits her to have re-releases? I would think it does more than the retired market? What are your thoughts?
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadBarmey Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:38 pm

I would be very surprised if TB's really are 'thinking of the collectors'. Why now? They never have before. They are a law unto themselves. Always have been and always will be. I'm sorry to be sceptical but I wouldn't be surprised if they release more retireds for special occasions. They are a business at the end of the day and if they think they can make money out of something they'll do it. Afterall they don't make anything out of the second hand market.
BeadBarmey
BeadBarmey
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Pond Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:43 pm

"The way I feel now is I think I need to move on to an other brand that can just be enjoyed for what they create without judgement and with an open mind, . . . " Fairy3

I am happy that you are able to drop Troll but the other brands don't have the one thing that "hooked" me - the beautiful glass beads that allow me to illuminate my designs.
Pond
Pond
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:49 pm

hi dear Pond,

the Bowers and Eske Beads, and only the Bowers and Eske Beads really have done that to me, and I am very happy about it! I only got to know about them here, therefore I am so grateful!
I have never cared so much for the glass beads than for the silver...WT finished, my project of the heart, I can also say goodbye to TB,
and that regardless of releases or re-releases...and I do not feel unhappy about it, time to move on... there is more in life than just beads!
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:06 pm

soxfan wrote:you think it benefits her to have re-releases? I would think it does more than the retired market? What are your thoughts?
It will benefit every retailer, also Louise. You can either earn $$$ on a few retireds or $$ on many rereleased retireds. The effort of selling rereleased retireds is also less strenuous than sourcing and reselling retireds from the secondary market. Only resellers flourishing on limited availability of coveted retireds will feel serious pain as no serious collector is gonna spend $$$ anymore on retireds knowing Trollbeads can rerelease any retired any moment. But then again that may well be an intentional side effect... Wink
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinka Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Only resellers flourishing on limited availability of coveted retireds will feel serious pain as no serious collector is gonna spend $$$ anymore on retireds knowing Trollbeads can rerelease any retired any moment. But then again that may well be an intentional side effect..

there is a perfect German word for this: Schadenfreude lol!

greatthinking of TB about the side effect!
Tinka
Tinka
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next