BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pearl and dichoric flower locks?

+11
merrygold
mandyjw
Molamola
vonnewe
Silmaril
kitsunegrl
lkeen
beadiack
Babsbeads
Librarylil
rock'n'troll
15 posters

Go down

Pearl and dichoric flower locks? Empty Pearl and dichoric flower locks?

Post by rock'n'troll Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:11 am

Hi (forum) newbie here! Not exactly a troll newbie hehe! I was wondering if anyone has an experience of the pearl or dichoric glass falling out of the pearl/dichoric lock? As I have heard from some that it has happened. I think they look lovely but don't want to spend £50 if it's jut going to fall out.... Neutral
Thanks
rock'n'troll
rock'n'troll
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Pearl and dichoric flower locks? Empty Re: Pearl and dichoric flower locks?

Post by Librarylil Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:57 pm

Welcome to the forum! Several years ago I had the pearl in my flower lock fall out. I took a little drop of Elmer's glue and it's been fine ever since. (Knock on wood!)
Librarylil
Librarylil
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsbeads Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:16 pm

If it falls out most Trollbeads dealers will replace it at no charge even if you didn't buy it from them.
Babsbeads
Babsbeads
Trollbeads Retailer

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:12 pm

I have had a bead fall out of Three Flowers charm and the large marble fall off my Blue Flower ring. However, my local dealer who sold me the ring took care of getting that one fixed. And later another local dealer that's a big concept store was nice enough to take the Three Flowers (and a Leaves and Pearl ring that has a deteriorating pearl; slightly different issue) that I told them I bought online to return for repair/replacement. Those items are still out but getting the problem addressed was a straight forward, no excuses sort of thing.

I have a flower lock with the dichroic beads that I've worn every day for a month or more that has held up nicely. And it's worth noting that 2 of the 3 dichroic beads on Three Flowers and 5 of the 6 pearls on the rings (I have a pair) have also stayed intact.

It's really annoying when you have the damage but I hope they're attending to the fact that some of their glue connections need more careful attention and finding a more suitable and durable glue and/or taking more pains to get a complete connection.

Bottom line: it can happen; TBs takes care of it.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by lkeen Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:05 am

I have the pearl flower lock and have worn it nearly every day for 2 years. I adore it!
lkeen
lkeen
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:23 am

I have the dichroic flower lock and it has worn well for years.
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:41 am

My dichroic lock, my first lock, has been fine for 3.5 years. Surprisingly the glass from my dichroic flower earrings has fallen out three times, but has been replaced by Trollbeads.
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:46 am

They REALLY need to investigate a more secure glue or a method of application that produces better contact!

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by vonnewe Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey, Hey Welcome,

I had both locks and I never had any problems with te pearl or the glass falling out...But it's wise to check the lock before buying if the pearl or glass properly has been placed.
vonnewe
vonnewe
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Molamola Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:38 pm

My DC flower lock is my oldest lock and despite loads of wear and tear and not very careful handling by me (or my kids) it is still perfect. I have never heard of a problem with the DC flower locks but I have with the pearls. I know you have to be careful with the pearls because the adhesive doesn't hold up well against certain detergents so you should always remove bracelets if you are doing the washing up for example.

Molamola
Molamola
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by mandyjw Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:07 pm

No problems here with either of my dichroic locks.
mandyjw
mandyjw
Glass Artist

http://www.lionspawjewelry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by merrygold Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:30 am

I've read the warnings but it's finally happened to me that the glass fell out of my dichroic flower lock. Crying or Very sad For those who say that TB will replace the lock, do you mean that I need to contact TB headquarters (where?), or do I contact the online seller from whom I purchased the lock? Thanks in advance!
merrygold
merrygold
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:45 am

have had both, acquired at the same time, but the pearl disappeared out of one side of the pearl lock after about 4-5 months (didn' even wear it often for fear of losing a stone). the dichro is still going strong tho! really love the soft look of the pearl lock but was afraid to try another (though i guess one could just keep replacing it in theory). now that its retiring i've been wondering about giving it another whirl...

merrygold wrote:I've read the warnings but it's finally happened to me that the glass fell out of my dichroic flower lock. Crying or Very sad For those who say that TB will replace the lock, do you mean that I need to contact TB headquarters (where?), or do I contact the online seller from whom I purchased the lock? Thanks in advance!

merrygold--any dealer should be willing to happily replace it whether you got it there or not. Smile i've tried headquarters (usa) in the past trying not bug local dealers over stuff that's not their "fault," and HQ just directed me right back to any dealer near me.
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by merrygold Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:37 am

Thanks for the tip, Plumbun! I guess I can try to exchange it at a local dealer, although I'll now need to make a purchase from them or else I'd feel guilty for it. lol

I have a pearl lock as well but I seldom wear it, and now I'm paranoid to do so. Reluctantly, I agree that it's a good idea to retire these styles. Embarassed
merrygold
merrygold
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:09 pm

My friend had one and her glass fell off, while I was at a dealer a lady arrived with hers with the glass off....
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooo ! Sad
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaAura Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:09 am

No problem with dichroic lock, but a pearl fell off my pearl lock. Used superglue and that seems to have held up well!
AquaAura
AquaAura
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down