BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Tour UK - pictures added

+80
unicorn1976
mrubin
wilsche
trollshopper
Trollseeker
retiredk9racer
Beadgirl
Katie
GinGer
annateresa
Trollingalong
Anita
Mini Gnome
trollmoll
susan
Beady-Eyed
daisy
Silmaril
SilverBells
Bluesybeads
Pablo
Smaug
liana
snowy
Molamola
Kensington
saracat
Trollperle
Troglodyte
bibi
Tinka
alexis
Freddie
Rainbow
Dorabella
hayheadsbird
kionee
Carla
Wintertroll
Sherry
Anna
rainyday
LindaJo
Trollpetal
cyberfairy
RubyGems
charlibean
Lollipop
Fuzzyfeet
Merlyn
Poison_Ivy
Hodge
GRUMPY
Catsworld
Daisylove
cottinghamgirl
KJanish
Fleur
Mouseoncheese
Joolz
Trollifer
mermaidspurse
Brightonbelle
Juniper
Nkara
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Chewbacca
Pond
lyric_girl
TrollTech
Tracytim
Blairkj
Kirstin
BeadThrilled
LoopyLou
Pandabee(uk)
SnorkMaiden
sakyubc
ahmotheroftwo
angeltroll
84 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

World Tour UK - pictures added - Page 2 Empty Re: World Tour UK - pictures added

Post by mermaidspurse Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:56 am

Looking forward to the silvers, but not mad about the glass, so not my colours. I hope that the kilt bead will look good and since I'm going to Scotland again this year, I'll save that for buying it directly there as my first World Tour bead not being bought online Laughing !
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

World Tour UK - pictures added - Page 2 Empty Re: World Tour UK - pictures added

Post by Trollifer Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:05 am

But the first love spoon came from germany so why do they do that for UK and didn't do it for germany? How they will do the Mad Hatters Tea party.... can't imagine and how a silver kilt should look like....
Trollifer
Trollifer
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:19 am

I didn't know that. What do German Love Spoons look like?
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollifer Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:30 am

Brightonbelle wrote:I didn't know that. What do German Love Spoons look like?

I think they didn't look that different. Found it on Wikipedia: "The earliest known dated lovespoon from Wales, displayed in the St Fagans National History Museum near Cardiff, is from 1667, although the tradition is believed to date back long before that. The earliest dated lovespoon worldwide originates from Germany, and is dated as 1664"

I didn't even ever hear from a lovespoon before Very Happy
Trollifer
Trollifer
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Joolz Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:40 am

I really wish this was an April fool .... No
Joolz
Joolz
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseoncheese Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:45 am

Hmmm, sounds like an "interesting" selection of beads. At least there are no buses, Big Ben or royal wedding tat. The mad hatter's tea party should be good, it's nice and eccentric and gets tea in to the collection
:-D
Love spoons could be good, there are some great designs from which TB can get inspiration. Mixed feelings about the kilt, it could be fab and funny or a bit sad. I am glad it is not tartan, there would be endless debates about which tartan it is and are you entitled to wear that particular one? There are some very smart kilts in plain colours or even pin stripes, and there is quite enough tartan tat sold in Scotland.

Red, White and blue glass, boring! It isn't specific to the UK either, It could be French or Dutch or American or any other nation that has those colours in it's flag.
Mouseoncheese
Mouseoncheese
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:47 am

Joolz wrote:I really wish this was an April fool .... No

I feel rather the same. They are offered 4 nations, each with its own fascinating cultural heritage, much of which lends itself to jewellery, and they come up with this.

Boring striped glass
Kilt cliche
Elegant love spoons but maybe ruined by being on cube bead
Trying to sell a bead to Johnny Depp / Disney fans. (Will it look like JD - if so sunny)
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:14 am

From the polaroids I had hoped for a maze bead or something celtic.
Now I will have to wait, how they look IRL .
I'd prefer a natural or cultural appearance over something cute or disney-ish.
The prices are again on the upper side.
It seems, they're hardly ever releasing small silvers in pricegroup I.
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by KJanish Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:32 am

OMG!!! This just might be the very first World Release that I get all four Embarassed
KJanish
KJanish
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:38 am

I like the idea of the love spoon, but not sure about the others, I must be one of the few who never enjoyed Alice Through the Looking Glass.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:10 am

Thanks for sharing, what a great surprise that on your holiday you are in the disquise of Peter Seller's part for investigation the new UK world tour.

Pics would be great too.
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopyLou Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:07 pm

I'm a bit confused on how these beads link to some of the "Photo" clues they released (like the maze), am I missing something?
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:12 pm

thanx for the info,
to me it sounds just awful, I had one or two beads from every WT-set, but this is not going to get on my bracelet, saves me money, very good!

Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:24 pm

LoopyLou wrote:I'm a bit confused on how these beads link to some of the "Photo" clues they released (like the maze), am I missing something?

Maze and white rabbit relate to Alice (not sure whether Wonderland or Looking Glass).
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopyLou Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:
LoopyLou wrote:I'm a bit confused on how these beads link to some of the "Photo" clues they released (like the maze), am I missing something?

Maze and white rabbit relate to Alice (not sure whether Wonderland or Looking Glass).

Ah, yes. I didn't think of that Embarassed
Thanks BB x
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:Well done for finding out so quickly.

Neutral Not sure that I fancy these beads.

How can they make a good silver kilt bead when they don't have any colours to produce the crucial tartan effect with? Surely it will look like a skirt? Won't a skirt floating around without hairy Scottish legs below it and a manly torso above look stupid?

they cant make a glass bead for scottish tartan, dont forget there are several clans!
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodge Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:31 pm

I'm just happy it's not Big Ben and a bus.... I was really worried when I saw some of the other stereotypes for other countries. Can't wait to see irk, and it's my birthday in May, yippee!

Hodge
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Poison_Ivy Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Tracytim wrote:They always say a Scotsman wears nothing under his kilt, and I have seen the naughty dragon....I am just wondering... Woot

Well, THAT would soooo mean, I have to get this one!! Laughing Laughing
Poison_Ivy
Poison_Ivy
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

http://eritae80.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlyn Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:50 pm

I'm not sure I fancy them either but hopefully they look better in reality than they sound!!!!
Merlyn
Merlyn
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Hummmmmmm, not sure about these. But I can't imagine how they can get a kilt without a body in it to look like anything good, maybe I just have no imagination Rolling Eyes
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Scotttish it could be the dagger, or a sporran, nothing better than going to a dress ball with a load of Scotsmen in either Dress Uniform or dress kilt.

Fond memories I have ;-)

As for the lovespoon, yes quite viable, but also it would make a great reminder of the celtic background. A lovespoon is so much more, it has somany different messages in the (carving/engraving) so they would have to be conservative with their choice to make it meaning full. Unless they researched it I fear it will be a terrible choice.
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipop Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Mouseoncheese wrote:Red, White and blue glass, boring! It isn't specific to the UK either, It could be French or Dutch or American or any other nation that has those colours in it's flag.

I totally agree, and am so disappointed Sad

Brightonbelle wrote:I am really furious that they have left out Northern Ireland. Why call it a UNITED KINGDOM set and then leave out one of the 4 kingdoms?

I agree with this too. Instead of a kilt they could have made an amazing celtic themed bead which could have represented both Northern Ireland and Scotland.

I hope the kilt has an engraved tartan pattern on it at least, or to me it will just look like the pleated skirts that school girls wear for PE Rolling Eyes

I'm interested in the love spoons. But not if they are on a cube, as I just can't picture how that could work or look good.

And I'll be interested to see the mad hatter's tea party bead. It could be amazing. Shocked

Thank you for sharing this information Very Happy I was really going to wait to see them at my LD so i had a nice surprise, but as I am on bead lent I thought I'd just read the scoop anyway Wink
Lollipop
Lollipop
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by charlibean Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:35 pm

The ideas here don't appeal to me I'm afraid. Will need to see what they look like I suppose. Rather disappointing!

charlibean
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGems Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Kirstin wrote:I'll want em all because I'm bead greedy like that jocolor
Haha Kirstin!!!! Agree
RubyGems
RubyGems
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGems Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Well Fingers crossed they look better than they sound! I also like the sound of love spoons and mad hatter but the other two may not look great. They could have done so much to make these beads amazing! We had lots to work with our historic land! Perhaps they should have asked the people of Britain what kind of thing we would like to see with these beads as we had some amazing ideas on previous guessing posts! There's lots of ideas they could have played with so let's hope they don't disappoint Neutral
Can't wait to see them now!! I want at least one bead for the collection Smile
RubyGems
RubyGems
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next