BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like more critters to come....

+34
Fuzzyfeet
Brightonbelle
LisaB
stacecase
Daisylove
harmony
Trollsister
Fee
trollmoll
trollfinder
reltan
Louey
splinty
Tatiana
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Gail201
Catsworld
kitsunegrl
BeckyH
Blairkj
Freki
ceruleanbluebird
Fleur
mdellanno
cshynkaruk
Trollperle
strike
Michelle
Beady-Eyed
LindaJo
BusyBeads
Fairy3
Anita
kyhalfpt
38 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Looks like more critters to come.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Looks like more critters to come....

Post by Brightonbelle Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:37 am

stacecase wrote:

Fairy3 wrote:...I think for those who are patient enough and a bead is a dream to have you'll find one for the right price sooner or later

I also refuse to pay exhorbitant prices for uniques and sorry if this offends anyone, but when I see someone buying up uniques at a retailer on FB for normal price and turning around and selling them at a higher price, that person goes on my "list" (trust me, it is not a good list Evil or Very Mad) and I REFUSE to buy anything from them EVER.
Oh yes - most definitely - I make a careful note of who does that - particularly if they grab multiples of the desirables as well.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Looks like more critters to come.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Looks like more critters to come....

Post by Brightonbelle Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 am

I am also fed up with the 'buy it even though it is a weird colour and/or they don't like it just so they can swap it immediately for a rarer/older bead' (Old Fish, Old Conch, Spirograph, Pink Manga, Om etc) attitude. This tends to be followed up by selling the rarer/older bead at a high price or trying to swap it for something the next stage 'better'.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:39 am

There are some amazing designs in those photos and I of course would be tempted by a lot of them, but if I don't happen to find them at normal prices and WITHOUT DRAMA, well it wasn't meant to be. I will not buy into the hype.

Agree 

And I even think Glass 2 price for Ooaks is too much  Rolling Eyes 
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:56 am

Thank you for the photos its nice to see them Very Happy
 I would just like to say that just because someone asks a high price for a glass bead it does not make them a bad person, they may have paid a high price for it in the first place. People think its ok to ask silly money for silver beads, but not glass.  I am selling some of my rare glass beads and I will be asking, what some may call, a high price for them.  I do not force people to pay what I ask and I have never bought a bead just to sell and make money out of it.  All my rare glass I have had for a long time and I am only selling because I don’t wear them.  I sold a bead to someone on this board not so long ago for £11 and she went and sold it for over £100 on Ebay !!!  So I now ask what my rare beads are worth because why should I let some one else make money out of my hard work in getting the bead in the first place.

Sorry for the rant......I will get off my soapbox now !! Embarassed
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:45 pm

I don't think it's ment for you?
of course if you sell pre loved beads for more then you bought them for that is totally fine and sure it's what ever anyone is willing to pay!
its about people who buy the beads solely for making a profit only like you said paying a normal price then turning around straight away and selling them for awful prices and even then it's up to the ones willing to pay for them but it sure takes the "fun" out of collecting it sure did for me and sure if you are rich you can do what ever you want but even if I where rich this is just beyond my comprehension I guess

niceday wrote:Thank you for the photos its nice to see them Very Happy
 I would just like to say that just because someone asks a high price for a glass bead it does not make them a bad person, they may have paid a high price for it in the first place. People think its ok to ask silly money for silver beads, but not glass.  I am selling some of my rare glass beads and I will be asking, what some may call, a high price for them.  I do not force people to pay what I ask and I have never bought a bead just to sell and make money out of it.  All my rare glass I have had for a long time and I am only selling because I don’t wear them.  I sold a bead to someone on this board not so long ago for £11 and she went and sold it for over £100 on Ebay !!!  So I now ask what my rare beads are worth because why should I let some one else make money out of my hard work in getting the bead in the first place.

Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Fairy3 wrote:I don't think it's ment for you?
of course if you sell pre loved beads for more then you bought them for that is totally fine and sure it's what ever anyone is willing to pay!
its about people who buy the beads solely for making a profit only like you said paying a normal price then turning around straight away and selling them for awful prices and even then it's up to the ones willing to pay for them but it sure takes the "fun" out of collecting it sure did for me and sure if you are rich you can do what ever you want but even if I where rich this is just beyond my comprehension I guess

I Know is not about me  Very Happy but I did want to put a point across Very Happy 

niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaB Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:05 pm

No comment I made was directed at anyone selling their older, personal beads!  And I don't think it is ok to ask ludicrous amounts of money for any bead no matter whether it is silver or glass.  You should be able to sell them for what they are worth, they are your to do with as you please!  I do think there is a difference in someone selling a bead they bought for themselves, like from the old Tibet set, and someone who rushes out because they can get to something like this special, buying up a large amount of beads THAT THEY DIDN'T EVEN WANT and then turning around and reselling them at an inflated price.  And collectors really have to blame themselves for the inflation in prices.  As Niceday said, a bead can only sell for what someone is willing to pay for it.  As long as there is someone out there who will pay double or triple what the bead costs new, then people will sell them for double or triple.   Evil or Very Mad 

And another thing, I also really don't understand why the uniques are more than the production glass.   scratch   Surely they don't cost more to produce.  I would think they would be less money to produce, since the glass artist is not having to try to replicate something as close to exactly as they can.  And also, I often see MULTIPLES of so called "uniques," I know I have some myself, which to me brings them into the same category as production beads.

I'm getting down off of MY soap box now......   Hug
LisaB
LisaB
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:32 pm

Same here, I was talking purely about the instant flippers here. Those using the groups to work out what everyone's craving so they can snatch them all from under their noses and offer them to them for gain. It instantly pushes the prices up on new beads that should be available to all at regular price. They're not genuinely rare and hard to find beads, they've been kidnapped and held to ransom! The more people say that they love them, the more they'll try and grab. That's very different to collectors selling old beads on and not in the spirit of the forums/groups as far as I'm concerned.
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBells Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:44 pm

splinty wrote:You see a lot of "flippers" in the facebook groups when these "hot" new designs come out.  It always makes me sad because other members that buy them from fb "friends" always seem so happy and grateful that they managed to get what they wanted; but it's often at a price, so it seems to be more of an exercise in money making than kindness to me.  If you don't want the new design, don't buy it to instantly flip and make money, just leave it for someone who does, then they can have it at regular price  Rolling Eyes  (different if you buy it and decide you don't like it when you get it and sell it on at what you paid; or at a later date; or because you're a reseller, not masquerading as a collector...it's the instant flipping for profit from fellow collectors that gets me goat!!)

Agree 
SilverBells
SilverBells
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBells Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:I am also fed up with the 'buy it even though it is a weird colour and/or they don't like it just so they can swap it immediately for a rarer/older bead' (Old Fish, Old Conch, Spirograph, Pink Manga, Om etc) attitude. This tends to be followed up by selling the rarer/older bead at a high price or trying to swap it for something the next stage 'better'.

Agree 
SilverBells
SilverBells
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:46 pm

splinty wrote:Same here, I was talking purely about the instant flippers here. Those using the groups to work out what everyone's craving so they can snatch them all from under their noses and offer them to them for gain. It instantly pushes the prices up on new beads that should be available to all at regular price. They're not genuinely rare and hard to find beads, they've been kidnapped and held to ransom! The more people say that they love them, the more they'll try and grab. That's very different to collectors selling old beads on and not in the spirit of the forums/groups as far as I'm concerned.
Exactly and it is really irritating me that people are actually grateful for being manipulated like this.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:
splinty wrote:Same here, I was talking purely about the instant flippers here. Those using the groups to work out what everyone's craving so they can snatch them all from under their noses and offer them to them for gain. It instantly pushes the prices up on new beads that should be available to all at regular price. They're not genuinely rare and hard to find beads, they've been kidnapped and held to ransom! The more people say that they love them, the more they'll try and grab. That's very different to collectors selling old beads on and not in the spirit of the forums/groups as far as I'm concerned.
Exactly and it is really irritating me that people are actually grateful for being manipulated like this.
That's what gets to me too, they appear to think someone's done them a big favour, but that's all part of the manipulation ~ of the market and of lovely unsuspecting people. Some even openly canvass the market first to work out which best to buy  Sad
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:15 pm

splinty wrote:

Brightonbelle wrote:

That's what gets to me too, they appear to think someone's done them a big favour, but that's all part of the manipulation ~ of the market and of lovely unsuspecting people  Sad

I appreciate reading this discussion which has been interesting and thought-provoking.  The idea that these beads are "kidnapped" is an eye-opener for me.
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaB Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:17 pm

And I don't think making a profit, or being paid for your time to hunt them out, is bad.  It's just really inflating the price that I have an issue with, and refuse to buy.  For example, if someone from BT went to this event, spent her own money to buy up some beads because she knew folks here would want them, came back and posted them for sale for $5 over what she paid plus shipping I would probably buy some!  A person who goes to the effort to go and get the beads and ties up their own money to try to get some beads for someone who can't get to an event deserves to be compensated.

But if that same person snatches up beads she knows others want and then advertises them for triple what she paid, I would never buy those.

Last edited by LisaB on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
LisaB
LisaB
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:19 pm

This is why bead fairies are AWSOME  Very Happy and very special!!!!
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Fairy3 wrote:This is why bead fairies are AWSOME  Very Happy and very special!!!!
Agree  Sunshine 
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DblJJ Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:15 pm

splinty wrote:

Fairy3 wrote:This is why bead fairies are AWSOME  Very Happy and very special!!!!

Agree  Sunshine 

Totally agree   Fairy their kindness and generosity is the reason I have some of my prized beads.  One's I would never part!   First Sun  Thank you
DblJJ
DblJJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaB Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Agree  TOTALLY!!!!
LisaB
LisaB
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm

splinty wrote:
Brightonbelle wrote:

That's what gets to me too, they appear to think someone's done them a big favour, but that's all part of the manipulation ~ of the market and of lovely unsuspecting people. Some even openly canvass the market first to work out which best to buy  Sad

This must be the part on FB that I am missing. I don't belong to any "groups" just buy from authorized dealers on FB. I Also don't like when people snap up multiple of the same bead and am surprised to see a lot of the same people buying lots of beads from the shops. I have often thought that they must be buying to resell or millionaires  Laughing 
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:21 pm

niceday wrote: I sold a bead to someone on this board not so long ago for £11 and she went and sold it for over £100 on Ebay !!!  So I now ask what my rare beads are worth because why should I let some one else make money out of my hard work in getting the bead in the first place.

I really don't think this should be allowed! There should be a way to monitor this and then remove their access to the sale section or something. Definitely not a nice way to act--aren't we supposed to be friends here?
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:08 pm

Niceday, what I horrible thing to happen ! Not at all in the spirit of the forum Evil or Very Mad
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Yes not nice. But its not the first time I have been ripped off on selling something collectable. Thats why I am one of those people who will be selling beads at what some people call high prices ( and don't like it) But they don't have to buy if they don't like the prices Very Happy  But at least they won't be selling it on Neutral
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:52 pm

kyhalfpt wrote:Trollbeads Delaware (Blooming Boutique) is having a TB event in March and posted photos of unique kits that just came in for the event on the FB page this week.  In looking at their photos, I see some new critters and patterns:

Looks like more critters to come.... - Page 3 1780893_632429026810600_186460173_n
Looks like more critters to come.... - Page 3 1653847_632428896810613_1932929506_n

I am planning to go to the event and was excited to see things I might be able to get there.  

Anyone else here going?

The top picture love the white starfish one with the blue spots  Very Happy
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Hairytroll Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:02 pm

OMG those beads are amazing, but it makes me sad that they are so hard to get for so many of us!!
Hairytroll
Hairytroll
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:45 pm

It would be great if you could just walk into a shop and buy what you want. I have had enough of dealers that want you to fight to get them of their websites  Neutral
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next