BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy

+12
cottinghamgirl
Catsworld
cshynkaruk
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trollfan
BeeBeeshummer
plumbun
trollcat
reltan
SilverBells
Mabel
Trollperle
16 posters

Go down

Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy Empty Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy

Post by Trollperle Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:17 pm

Back to the Roots Part II

I have been back to the roots now for a while and I just love it!
The downside is that I normally do not have more than one or two bracelets finished and on display on my shelf while before there was a lot of colour and silver there. Instead most of my beads are in their little appartments (see Back to the Roots Part I) in a drawer where I do not see them unless I take the drawers out.

But the plus side is that I freed myself in a tremendous way and am back to creativity and chaos Wink
Some new precious kind-of-permanent bracelets have evolved but I still take them apart because there are beads that I love so much that they feature on more than one of them.

And it is much easier psychologically I have made the experience to take apart one and make another one than to „destroy“ three or so because the beads I want to use are scattered all over my other creations.

And I realized it is really only in my mind, for I have pictures and nothing is „destroyed“ but rather re-used and can be re-created in the blink of an eye Smile

And while before I had a hard time to pick off some beads from a bracelet to put them on another one (and quite a few I found so beautiful that I never wanted to take them apart even though I had not worn them for weeks...) - now I feel most comfortable with all of them disassembled except the one I am wearing and possibly one more for the next day - and my amber bracelet. I redid it and left it - I only sometimes „borrow“ the freya lock Wink

Here are some pictures of my journey Back to the Roots:

First I took everything apart and this is part of my bead treasures

Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy Dsc02128

Summer Solstice

Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy Dsc02127

Dark Empowerment

Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy Dsc02129

Dark Elder

Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy Dsc02218

And the lighter version of my Garden - The Dragon Garden
Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy Dsc02220

Turqoise Beach

Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy Dsc02219

And never been done before created today inspired by my white top and my most beloved, very old very comfy „slightly“ worn jeans:
Pastel Blue and White

Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy Dsc02217

And last but not least:
Brisingamen
in its latest version. I love how the sun catches in the amber beads and thus it is the only one that still as a sort-of-permanent status in that I do not disassemble and reassemble it but keep it as it is (for the moment).

Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy Dsc02221

This has been a wonderful journey for me. Sometimes I assemble them before breakfast and then at work think about another bead here and there and then change them a bit for the next time I wear them, or I change them as the mood strikes me the next time I wear them. And I have lots of fun with it queen
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy Empty Re: Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy

Post by Mabel Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:54 pm

Very inspiring and very beautiful bracelets! I guess I have to think over some of my permanents too......Very Happy 
Mabel
Mabel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy Empty Re: Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy

Post by SilverBells Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Fabulous bracelets! All of them are wonderful but I really adore the amber one the best sunny Daisy white
SilverBells
SilverBells
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Love the picture of the single beads... A real party! The combos ate all great, but my favorite is the ambers one!!
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:14 pm

I wish I could be as wise and brave as you Back to the Roots Part II - pic heavy Respect-049 

Well done, really love the dark elder combo.
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:38 pm

i LOVE your back to roots series, TP! (MORE!! MORE!!) i've been staring at your (very color coordinated) bead pile in the first shot as well.Drool Drool my eyes went straight to that ornament near the manga!! Pacifier but the pile pulls them in all directions! cyclops
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by BeeBeeshummer Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:48 pm

All are very Beautiful
BeeBeeshummer
BeeBeeshummer
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollfan Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:22 pm

It is just like you have new beads:D only this is far more cheaper and wiser! A new perspective on your collection.

Trollfan
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:30 pm

I wish I could also do this - but I spend so long on making a bracelet and have so little beadplay time, that I am too anxious to do this. But when I get more tiime (huh!) I will. Very Happy  I think this is a great idea........ well done to you Very Happy 
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cshynkaruk Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:51 pm

love all those ambers
cshynkaruk
cshynkaruk
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:15 pm

beautiful bracelets dear Trollperle, Love sunny 
I got a few bracelets that I will not take apart ever, purely for sentimental reasons (I am not a sentimental person otherwise) but I also got many bracelets that I have not been wearing for a long time with nice beads on it that I could use otherwise.
One day I might do like you,
permanent bracelets kill creativity, anyway, at the moment I have hardly any time, and not the slightest feeling for playing with beads.

Enjoy what you've got and wear your beautiful beads, that is most important! Very Happy 
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:25 pm

I like the Turquoise Beach and the Pastel Blue and White, nice summery colours.

The girl who does the Tartooful Trollbead blog has been doing a 30 day design challenge, making a different bracelet each day from her own collection, she has some good ideas and it shows what can be done when you look at your beads in a different way.
Also I have realised that having 2 glass/stone beads together rather than 1 glass/1 silver works well and I think makes a bracelet easier to wear.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaAura Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Beautiful bracelets. And a reminder that change is inevitable and can bring great beauty, all the more appreciated because it is ephemeral. Daisy white 

And I feel less guilty about my hoard!!Twisted Evil 
AquaAura
AquaAura
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by schneeflocke Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:23 pm

You have a lot of beads, I like your bracelets, the ambers most sunny 
schneeflocke
schneeflocke
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchRedPoppy Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Very beautifull bracelets ! I don't have permanent bracelet i have the habit to make a new one each 2 days... very often i use the same colors and beads... but i like to do something new and it makes me feel relax Smile
FrenchRedPoppy
FrenchRedPoppy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:58 pm

I need to make myself do this !
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down