BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to the roots

+9
plumbun
natalyk
troll2011
ceruleanbluebird
Fuzzyfeet
Catsworld
Brightonbelle
Cloverbead
Trollperle
13 posters

Go down

Back to the roots Empty Back to the roots

Post by Trollperle Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Today I did something almost revolutionary: I took apart all of my bracelets, put all my beads on the table (figuratively and in the true sense), realised that indeed there might be something like „enough“ (not too much, mind you Wink). And then I only assembled one to wear, put all the rest of the beads and bracelet chains and stoppers and locks neatly away and am enjoying my bracelet of the day like in the good old days Smile  The design is not totally surprising nor totally new but inspired by the one I have been wearing for months now with a bit of adding and tweaking here and there. But it still feels new because a few of my most treasured beads found their way on this one instead of staying on other bracelets that look great but do not get much wearing... I want to re-kindle the joy of what TB originally stood for for me: Diversity and Change (not the changing of one bracelet for another but of beads so that something new may emerge). Back to the roots so to speak Smile

Back to the roots Dsc02120

All TB except the Aeather Dragon lock from FB and Purple Earth from Christa (Luccicare).
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Back to the roots Empty Re: Back to the roots

Post by Cloverbead Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:51 pm

It's great to discover again why we love trollbeads I love you
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:45 pm

You have made a truly fascinating bracelet by doing that too.  I rip mine apart in groups but I do have a few unchanging ones.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:04 am

I really love the bracelet, every bead a treasure! I am going to follow your example soon, might begin with 5 bracelets.. just to get used to it, you are so right, all the "good" beads are stuck in different combos,
permanent bracelets somehow kill creativity...
you are so brave! Very Happy

but I have another problem, where to put the beads, on top of my pre-made combos, I got a bead villa that is full to the brim..Rolling Eyes
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:10 am

Very brave !  Yep I find my favourite beads get "stuck" too Rolling Eyes  I love the combo you have come up with !
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:07 pm

I do feel a bit daring and brave - The ultimatve test will be tomorrow morning - what to wear, what to create to wear with it, how to do it, have breakfast and be at work on time Wink

@Catsworld: This is how my beads live when not on a bracelet: I would not call it a Villa. It is more of an Appartment situation Wink

I use the TB boxes for it. I need the box, the top protector sheet and I cut two stripes off the thick padding. Also I use BBQ sticks which I cut to fit the TB Box and put a rubber stopper on one end. Normally 6 beads fit comfortably on one of these self made rods.

Back to the roots Dsc02123

I put the top thin cushion into the box as flooring so to speak ;)and then I put the two stripes left and right.

Back to the roots Dsc02124

This way I can fit up to 5 rods of beads into one TB box

Back to the roots Dsc02122

Then, the TB box and beads go into the drawer of my IKEA drawer cupboard like this:

Back to the roots Dsc02121

They are cushioned by the padding floor and the sides and I can easily take them out on the table (the whole drawer) and play with them Smile
The only downside: When all except the population of one bracelet are „at home“, I have a very easy overview of how many there are - on the up-side, there is order and peace in this appartment  Wink
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:16 pm

dear Trollperle,
it really looks a great system and it looks ever so nice and tidy, I love the tidy look of it...
however, when I started to collect I had a smallish red TB wooden box, I simple put the beads inside and it was much fun to just pick a bead, I now have the beautiful Troll-Villa and it is not so much fun,

either I have it nice and tidy or I am constantly sorting and have to take the beads from the rods or put them neatly back in their appropriate parking space (colourwise, I mean that) sometimes I wish I had my old picking system, but that is no longer possible ...

back to the roots will mean to me sell off part of my collection,

thank you so much for showing your system, Very Happy:hug:

please show also what you do tomorrow morning Very Happy
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:31 pm

I have two bracelets that I haven't been able to take apart for a long time.  One has been close to one year and the other since the Rocky Beach kit was released.  I have a small jewelry box that I store the beads (on pipe cleaners...6 beads on each stem).  I have been trying to let go of what I have, and I think I can let go of my Rocky Beach tribute bracelet (I still don't have the kit yet).  I really love my African WT bracelet.  I only have three foxtail bracelets and one bangle.  The bangle has renewed my interest in combos of the day, but this also means I haven't been wearing my old bracelets!  I don't like the bangle with a traditional bracelet.  I do like the bangle with leather, though.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by troll2011 Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:35 am

Really nice bracelet. Back to the roots is good Smile.

troll2011
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by natalyk Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:10 pm

> Trollperle wrote:> I do feel a bit daring and brave - The ultimatve test will be tomorrow morning - what to wear, what to create > to wear with it, how to do it, have breakfast and be at work on time Wink

Trollperle, I love your BBQ sticks used as storage rods. Actually I was trying to cut them like that myself over the weekend, but I wasn't able to find the tool to do so neatly. How do you do it? And where do you get the rubber stoppers like this? I thought rubber was not to be used with silver, but may be I am just confused.
I have a pretty big jewelry box with a lot of space arranged in various sized squares on different levels, but no rods. I thought I would cut the sticks to fit the squares and have 4 - 6 beads on each, so that I don't have to disassemble 10 beads every time to get to the one in the middle and I was planning to have the same colors together... 
Oh - and I love your beads by the way Smile
natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Thank you all Smile- I feel a new permanent combo growing on me with this one, lol, but brave as I still feel, I took a few off it for my evening combo. Not sure about that one yet.

But here is what I wore to work, today, with a green costume and a white top.

Back to the roots Dsc02126

Not unsimilar to my beloved green semi-permanent combo of before, but the silvers are almost all new plus a few of the glass beads, no peeking on the photos, either Wink

Natalyk, this is what I use to cut the BBQ sticks.

Back to the roots Dsc02125

And I got the rubbers off ebay from a very nice seller who also ships to the US even if it is not mentioned there, just send her a message: http://www.ebay.de/itm/20-STOPPER-FUR-BEAD-ARMBAND-GUMMI-STOPSEL-WEISS-6-MM-/261220366298?pt=DE_Uhren_Schmuck_Modeschmuck&hash=item3cd1f277da
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by natalyk Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Trollperle wrote:Thank you all Smile- I feel a new permanent combo growing on me with this one, lol, but brave as I still feel, I took a few off it for my evening combo. Not sure about that one yet.

But here is what I wore to work, today, with a green costume and a white top.

And I got the rubbers off ebay from a very nice seller who also ships to the US even if it is not mentioned there, just send her a message: http://www.ebay.de/itm/20-STOPPER-FUR-BEAD-ARMBAND-GUMMI-STOPSEL-WEISS-6-MM-/261220366298?pt=DE_Uhren_Schmuck_Modeschmuck&hash=item3cd1f277da

-----------------
Thank you! The tool looks a lot like garden shares, which I have, but didn't think to use:cheers:! Thanks for the link too. I love your evening combo.
natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:11 am

what a great theme and topic, TP. I saw your your extra villa box "apartment" and thought, 'hey! that's just the size of my actual apartment'...until I saw your extra rooms, lolol. great bracelets!cheers
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fera Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:40 am

Wow! I love your beadbox! I have all of my beads in plastic boxes made for screws and they all fit in a shoe box.

I Think I might need to be brave like you and just start over.
Might even sell of some of my Collection after our house is finished. (The beads all live in a safe now.)
Fera
Fera
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:40 am

Back to roots is great!  Your bracelets are beautiful!!

I guess I live in the roots because I don't have any permanent bracelets.  I started collecting beads because I could change them whenever I wanted.  If I put together a combo I like, I make sure I take a picture and store it on Photobucket, so I can put it back together, but when I take off a bracelet--all the beads come off and back into the drawer they go.  I do usually try to make my combo the night before so that I am not late getting to work--but if I forget and am running late--the bangle saves the day!
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:01 pm

I actually read your back to the roots part 2 first, but this is awesome. I currently use a Troll Roll, but I tend to clutter it up a bit and need to store my beads alot better. This has given me the drive to do so.
I also have a sectioned play tray that a lovely fellow Trollie gave me, but I put it away for now, because a) it took up too much space and though it was nice to look at my beads, it looked too cluttered, and b) it tempted me to buy more because I was looking at them all the time!
So I am going to think about what you are doing here and incorporate it into my TB collection Smile
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by AmongGumTrees Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:08 pm

Great bead storage idea. My troll boxes aren't the same sort (they're all like your smaller sized ones), so I can't copy exactly, but I think I'm going to finally make myself get some o-rings and cut up some wooden skewers Smile
AmongGumTrees
AmongGumTrees
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://pinterest.com/amonggumtrees

Back to top Go down