BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would like to see honesty of Trollbeads i.e. real gemstones ?? NOT!!

+13
trollmoll
Amanda Mac (Dot)
sakyubc
Carla
Guinivere
Bsktbabe
Fleur
Nkara
Lengoa
Tinka
kionee
BeadThrilled
GRUMPY
17 posters

Go down

I would like to see honesty of Trollbeads i.e. real gemstones ?? NOT!! Empty I would like to see honesty of Trollbeads i.e. real gemstones ?? NOT!!

Post by GRUMPY Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 am

Based on the blue gold gemstone and a recent finding.. see below

Goldstone Gemstone meaning
Goldstone is a man made gemstone that has been around since the European Rennaissance.

Early monks working at a glass factory near Venice, Italy were practicing alchemy when molten copper accidentally tipped into a molten glass container.

This crystallized into thousands of tiny crystals and formed a melt with golden light sparkles. This is how the first goldstone came about. Though it is not technically a gemstone, it is often referred to as one.

Red goldstone is associated with vitality and energy. Blue Goldstone is associated with learning and communication.
Goldstone is an e
nergy stone.

If a stone is manmade, like the glass ones are basically, it should be stated. if a natural stone is dyed, it should be stated i.e. enhanced stones etc Im sorry but a recent sale of a trollbead that was a faceted goldstone on ebay for way over the top money made me realised how vulnerable we are becoming..

I WANT HONESTY FROM TROLLBEADS NOW! Not tomorrow, not yesterday... but NOW I have no problems with man made stones or enhanced stones but I have problems over the Limited Edition Gemstones where I now realise that one of those gemstones actually is man made?

The lovely agate dyed spring edition beads are absolutely fab someone of the Aagaard family should start protecting their keen collectors with the right information. My beads are my family in my own way those little trolls dangling with me, day in day out are special. The Aagaard family has been trading since 1976, we trust them. I want honesty to protect the hardcore collectors of trollbeads. I want honesty NOW.

As it shows that we need ears and eyes tripled and read on every stone before buying couldnot they have been more honest here?

Flipping heck true to my nick name I'm at it again, sorry guys but honesty is best. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

I would like to see honesty of Trollbeads i.e. real gemstones ?? NOT!! Empty Re: I would like to see honesty of Trollbeads i.e. real gemstones ?? NOT!!

Post by BeadThrilled Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:55 am

Good point Grumpy! But you can always send them a message and ask! Not?
Or try an enticing Girl message at their FB page about these 'gemstones'.

You can also check before with Trolldog what she knows about these stones as she drills them.
I just got some Virtue beads in from Carol Anne (UK) who also labels them as gemstones.
Beautiful beads, big core (5mm) though...

Looking forward to hear Trollbead's answer to that one.
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

I would like to see honesty of Trollbeads i.e. real gemstones ?? NOT!! Empty Re: I would like to see honesty of Trollbeads i.e. real gemstones ?? NOT!!

Post by kionee Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:18 am

You absolutely right Grumpy!
kionee
kionee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinka Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:46 am

great post, I'm glad you told us Grumpy!
Tinka
Tinka
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lengoa Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:51 am

I totally agree.

And while you are at it - then ask them about the chineese jade.
It was NOT a stone but some pressed SiO2 (the 1 I checked - lavendar jade), and I don't like, that they call it jade. We need them to be honest from now.
Lengoa
Lengoa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:58 am

BeadThrilled wrote:Good point Grumpy! But you can always send them a message and ask! Not?

You can also check before with Trolldog what she knows about these stones as she drills them.
I just got some Virtue beads in from Carol Anne (UK) who also labels them as gemstones.

Very very true, Sita but I am thinking of the people that buy TB without the knowlege who may not come on forums etc basically if a jeweller says its a gemstone, I would trust him, most of us buy these in a Jewellers shop they are labelled LE Gemstones.. and by the way if I start a tirade on facebook... oh there we go again... grumpy at it.. I will only get a repeat of TBS treatment so all I wanted to do was warn our little group... that.s expending.. take the info, do what you want with it.

GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Nkara Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:22 pm

Glad you're bringing it up. I would also like to know if I buy a "modified" gemstone or if it's pure. It probably still wouldn't change my mind about buying it, but it's a matter of principle that the manufacturer should be trustworthy.
Nkara
Nkara
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:47 pm

I truly appreciate any detailed information about the stones, but I am not sure, if we will ever be told all details.

When I've found one of my Jaspers changing from a lovely lavender to a muddy grey-brown-yellow something, I've asked, if the Jaspers had been dyed or treated. I've got some "don't know" and "will come back later" but no plain answer. The stone has been replaced.
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadThrilled Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:26 pm

GRUMPY wrote:
BeadThrilled wrote:Good point Grumpy! But you can always send them a message and ask! Not?

Very very true, Sita but I am thinking of the people that buy TB without the knowlege who may not come on forums etc basically if a jeweller says its a gemstone, I would trust him, most of us buy these in a Jewellers shop they are labelled LE Gemstones.. and by the way if I start a tirade on facebook... oh there we go again... grumpy at it.. I will only get a repeat of TBS treatment so all I wanted to do was warn our little group... that.s expending.. take the info, do what you want with it.
Thank you, and I do appreciate it! Must admit I have not given it another thought either as I was not interested in the goldstones at first, and certainly not going to lengths to get one. On knowing the details I'm still interested in one of TD at a decent price. My guess is that you can get one soon at some 'trader' sites for the retail price again. I just think its sad that a jeweler would sell such a bead, even with a mark up maybe, while he/she should know the nature of the bead... Suspicious
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bsktbabe Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:35 pm

You are so right Grumpy! This entire gemstone collection, and it's lack of availability in all countries that sell Trollbeads has made me VERY Grumpy!! I guess Trollbeads would rather see ebay sellers sell for highway robbery amounts, rather than allow all Trollbeads dealers have them in their shops. Limited Edition doesn't have to mean, only available in certain countries, but could more easily be that they are available for a limited time in every shop. I am so upset over this mess that I am ready to explore more artisan beads and possibly leave Trollbeads behind.

Last edited by Bsktbabe on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bsktbabe
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://www.longaberger.com/beckymitchell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guinivere Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Grumpy, I agree that Trollbeads must provide more accurate information about the true nature of the various "gemstone" beads. I saw a post about the goldstone being manmade soon after the LE release. I'd still love to have one, but even if it were a real gemstone, I don't think I'd pay the prices currently being asked. I had a chance to buy a Citrine and decided against it because I just didn't like the bead.

I recall a lot of discussion about the China jades being dyed, and for that reason I opted to buy all the silvers but only two of the "natural" colored jades (interestingly, those seem to be the least popular).

The only point I would argue is that we aren't really looking at the intrinsic value of the bead's raw materials. Consider the many discussions we have about the cost of gold beads relative to the price of gold. LE prices have more to do with perceived scarcity and an individual collector's concept of beauty. The lava stones are another example. There are a finite number of beads (so we've been told), and we decide we want them, so the price goes up.

So yes, I agree that Trollbeads HQ has an obligation to provide its customers with accurate information, but I don't necessarily think that will affect the prices on the resale market.
Guinivere
Guinivere
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Tiffany wrote:I totally agree.

And while you are at it - then ask them about the chineese jade.
It was NOT a stone but some pressed SiO2 (the 1 I checked - lavendar jade), and I don't like, that they call it jade. We need them to be honest from now.

really sorry to hear that, at least you are in good company I got one too ;-)
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:05 pm

I know that a collector that wants to have the best will pay anything or almost anything.. and that is fair enough. I just hope that when people do bid for certain trollbeads they do it with full knowledge. A little bit of honesty of TB & Co.. would be nice.
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks for the info Grumpy and the heads up! I knew that the stones were died but manmade?????? THat is very unfortunate and misleading, if true.

I don't check FB often so let us know any response on here, please.
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sakyubc Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:27 pm

I will agree that Trollbeads needs to be upfront with the information about the products they sell. I am far from an expert, but the reading that I have done would indicate that enhancement of some type is common with gemstones etc. (heat treatment, irradiation, polymers to stabilize, dye etc.) Some treatments are apparently very hard to detect. I believe I have read for example that peacock pearls do not exist in freshwater pearls and they are all dyed. I have a pair of peacock pearl earrings that I can no longer wear as they are no longer a pair in colour. This type of thing is an issue across the jewelery industry.

I did see a comment from Trollbeads about the spring 2011 agate beads. I don't remember the exact wording, but I do remember that it was from Trollbeads and it was on the Trollbeads Facebook site. They did indicate that the agates are dyed. And there was some sort of a comment that they expected that they would perform better than the jades had. I don't remember the exact wording but it did not inspire a lot of confidence in me.
sakyubc
sakyubc
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:01 pm

As you know I brought this up earlier in another post. On principal, I don't think you should label something as a Gemstone when it is a man-made product, as I believe the Goldstones probably are. Gemstone implies (to me) a natural stone. I would still like to see one IRL - but I am not chasing the goldstones. I prefer the natural imperfections in a stone.....

I saw (on another forum) that someone has a whole bracelet of these beads - for a tiny fraction of the price the TB ones are sold on ebay!!! You can apparently get them pretty easily on the net (without the core)....
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:11 am

You have a good point, Grumpy, but I can see TB and others arguing the fine points of what defines a gemstone, that they were not represented as natural, the materials used are natural and on and on. It is quite incredible that these have sold for as much as they have. The value is no longer in the material but in that they are limited and Trollbeads.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodge Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:52 pm

Things like the gold stones, it's presumably the rarity value that sells them. You can indeed buy versions for much cheaper elsewhere on the net... But then you don't have the 'rare TB' label to go with them!

Hodge
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lengoa Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:32 pm

I have tested the jade (the lavander), and found that it was only presset SiO2. I will now show you some pictures of the broken bead. The bead looks like this after 1 stroke by a hammer.
The powder in the small tupe is also the bead - but now it is crushed down to a partikkelsize around 45 µm.

I would like to see honesty of Trollbeads i.e. real gemstones ?? NOT!! Lavendel_jade_knust3
I would like to see honesty of Trollbeads i.e. real gemstones ?? NOT!! Lavendel_jade_knust1
I would like to see honesty of Trollbeads i.e. real gemstones ?? NOT!! Lavendel_jade_knust2

If you look closly then you can see small partikkels, and that was the hole bead - these small partikkels pressed together.
Lengoa
Lengoa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi Tiffany,
thanks for posting, very interesting.....but you have one a bead less now... Crying or Very sad The little bags definitely looks like they contain something else than a Trollbead...
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by luvintrollbeads Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:01 pm

hmm very true

luvintrollbeads
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowerbird Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:17 pm

GRUMPY wrote:
Goldstone is a man made gemstone that has been around since the European Rennaissance.

Early monks working at a glass factory near Venice, Italy were practicing alchemy when molten copper accidentally tipped into a molten glass container.

This crystallized into thousands of tiny crystals and formed a melt with golden light sparkles. This is how the first goldstone came about.

Actually, I just love this idea ... it doesn't put me off at all, I've had my eye on that one. It would feel like a piece of history with a pedigree on my wrist.
Bowerbird
Bowerbird
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down