BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What feedback would you give to Trollbeads?

+23
rollypoly troll
Nancy Foley
Lengoa
Anita
Yohanna
snails
jlfritz
splinty
Fleur
trollmoll
Trolldog
Brightonbelle
margiegoodwin
harmony
LindaJo
soxfan
GRUMPY
Clochard
Michelle
kimvw
Chuck
Wildthing
polarchick
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? - Page 2 Empty Re: What feedback would you give to Trollbeads?

Post by jlfritz Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Yohanna wrote:Quality control is a big issue. These are 2 examples of Autumn Spledour
What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? - Page 2 Trollb30

Yikes . . . I know the one on the right is how it should be . . . but I like the smooth one better. However, if they are going to do two this different, they should name them two different things -- Autumn Splendour/plain and Autumn Splendour/fancy or something. You are sooooo right . . . QUALITY CONTROL.
jlfritz
jlfritz
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? - Page 2 Empty Re: What feedback would you give to Trollbeads?

Post by LindaJo Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Hear, hear! Send it to them, Nancy! Send it to Lise.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lengoa Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:49 pm

PLEASE all of you are good writers. What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? - Page 2 99785

Write to Trollbeads headquarter, and let them know how we feel.
Lengoa
Lengoa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:03 pm

That is a very good letter Nancy.
I have been collect for over 15 nearer 20 years. It is much more sad to me to lose the Trollbeads difinition. I dont think that it will make so much diffrence if we write trollbeads has to do what it thinks to stay alive our life will not make much diffrence until may be it is late for them. We dont now what they are facing in private.

I wonder if we will get one letter written and send it like a petition each of us it will show our worry do you think?

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by rollypoly troll Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:08 pm

I think they need to be sent the post.

Send the post.......

All the things, said are felt by many collectors.
Nice thread Rant
rollypoly troll
rollypoly troll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:43 pm

jlfritz wrote:
Yohanna wrote:Quality control is a big issue. These are 2 examples of Autumn Spledour

Yikes . . . I know the one on the right is how it should be . . . but I like the smooth one better. However, if they are going to do two this different, they should name them two different things -- Autumn Splendour/plain and Autumn Splendour/fancy or something. You are sooooo right . . . QUALITY CONTROL.

Totally agree!!! You can't tell me that both of those beads were cast by a "good" mold....or did they just polish off all of the detail??? Either way, this shows a great example of bad quality.

Nancy - that is a brilliant letter...send it please. I won't hold my breath, but many people do feel exactly like this. I fear they don't care anymore because they have become filthy rich and now they probably have everything outsourced including the QC. Very sad!!
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Foley Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:55 pm

I promise I will find a way to send the letter to Trollbeads. I am going to add a note about bundling the uniques and limited editions in groups of six. The Licensed Dealer doesn't have a choice for selecting the beads she prefers. When passed on in a bundle to the customer, we don't have a choice either. A rep told me "You can always give away the beads you don"t like to your friends." Dandy idea.

Nancy Foley
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by bijouxbabz Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Trolldog wrote:
jlfritz wrote:

Totally agree!!! You can't tell me that both of those beads were cast by a "good" mold....or did they just polish off all of the detail??? Either way, this shows a great example of bad quality.

Nancy - that is a brilliant letter...send it please. I won't hold my breath, but many people do feel exactly like this. I fear they don't care anymore because they have become filthy rich and now they probably have everything outsourced including the QC. Very sad!!
I like the new Escher beads, but hesitate to buy them. My dealers, now, are so far away from my home and I have received some silver beads of very poor quality on-line. My anniversary bead is a bitter disappointment. I haven't even used it and have it since it was released in the states as I had preordered it. I've just stopped collecting for awhile and that's why I haven't been visiting the forum much lately. I can't afford to spend eighty dollars plus for a lump of silver on my bracelet.

Last edited by bijouxbabz on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add message)
bijouxbabz
bijouxbabz
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Treeinwind Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:22 pm

I agree with all of the above. In a few words, please stay Trolly and earthy, mystical. One or two cute if fine, but keep your Troll look! Quality control, we aren't stupid and don't want to pay premium prices for shoddly goods.
And finally, treat your dealers with some respect and make them want to carry your beads! We are sick of them dropping the line you not shipping them your product because they are only a silver dealer. How can we buy it if they can't sell it! We don't mind shopping on line, but part of the fun is going Troll shopping with friends!
Treeinwind
Treeinwind
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Yohanna Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Nancy that's a really good letter. It would be great if we could send the whole post to them as well. The smooth Autumn Splendour I bought on line having only seen the stock photos and I was surprised at it's appearance, but then I heard that this is what most people were getting so I decided to keep it. Only very recently I came across the more decorative one in a shop in London and was so taken with the difference I decided to buy it.
Please feel free to use the photo to support your letter if you think it would help illustrate the point.
Good luck x
Yohanna
Yohanna
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Foley Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:48 am

Yohanna,

Thank you for your generous offer of the use of your photograph. It illustrates perfectly the inferior product Trollbeads has released into the marketplace. I appreciate your support of my thoughts and the support of many others who have responded to my letter. Yes, I will send it. Others' comments in this post would be important for Trollbeads to know as well.

I, too, have both versions of the bead. I bought the first one (actually, two) as a trusting customer. I learned of the true design of Autumn Splendor in an on-line post. I also learned through Beadthrilled's posts (our members') that the problem is over polishing. I thought it was a problem with the casting. Last week, I found a "good" one and purchased it after explaining to the salesperson Trollbeads' problem with quality control (I showed her several other examples with the in-stock beads and clasps on display). I returned to the shop later to ask for replacements of the two over-polished Autumn Splendors. She (the salesperson) kindly offered to give me in-store credit as she couldn't guarantee the rep would be able to get the correct rendition of the bead. I kept the two beads; but now, I think I'll see if the offer is still good. I shouldn't support a defective product. I think the shop will probably put the beads back into the inventory for someone else who doesn't know the difference - Yikes!

I liked a comment I read here. "Really, there is no excuse." I can't find it right now to give the person credit, but it is the bottom line.

Thank you again, Nancy

P.S. I'm happy you like your smooth Autumn Splendor.

Last edited by Nancy Foley on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Addition to text, corrected punctuation and add P.S.)

Nancy Foley
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by alltrolls Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:06 am

Nancy, these are my thoughts exactly!
I agree with you, please send it to them!
alltrolls
alltrolls
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinmi Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:07 am

Wonderful letter Nancy! You pretty much summerized what most if not all of us feel.

I agree with everything that has been said. Quality has really deteriorated as of late. TB really should look into that. When I am looking at stones, there rarely is one with a nicely fitted core. I don't want to hear a ticking sound when I shake a bead. How hard is it...yes, it is labor intensive but they are handmade aren't they, so give it a shake before passing it on. Some glass beads even have a core that is sticking out on both sides, a visual check would be nice.

The price increases are really stopping me from buying other than with a nice discount. That limits the choices of where to purchase. The older silvers I usually confidently buy online from reputable dealers...glass is a different story. Those I really need to see and feel. I don't like the wagon wheel sized beads (and that seems to become the standard). Luckily there are quite a few online dealers who will happily measure a bead for you but on the other hand, there aren't enough dealers with webshops who post individual pictures of beads. I hate stock photo's cause they never represent the real bead.

I understand the marketing thought behind the UU beads, however, I really really dislike the large cores, and I don't see myself spending E39 on a glass bead either.

And maybe I am the only one on this but I think there are way to many releases in a short time. To me, they are flooding their own market. It doesn't make me buy more, and with the lack of quality as of late, I bought a lot less. If I buy, it still is from the older releases, I have hardly anything from the last 3 releases.

The silver should be as it used to be. Nicely oxidized and of good grade. And we need more things Troll and abstract beads, like the navaho, triangles, pyramides, etc.

The restrictions put on dealers is debilitating. Sets that can't be taken apart, no discounts, different rules for different countries. Doesn't make sense to me.

I am lucky enough to have a nice collection, I would love to keep adding ofcourse but I am a bit more weary, critical and careful.
Dinmi
Dinmi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2