BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What feedback would you give to Trollbeads?

+23
rollypoly troll
Nancy Foley
Lengoa
Anita
Yohanna
snails
jlfritz
splinty
Fleur
trollmoll
Trolldog
Brightonbelle
margiegoodwin
harmony
LindaJo
soxfan
GRUMPY
Clochard
Michelle
kimvw
Chuck
Wildthing
polarchick
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? Empty What feedback would you give to Trollbeads?

Post by polarchick Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:55 pm

I was in my fave TB shop today (looking for an Easter Bunny present and having my first look at the new beads), and they asked me what feedback I would give to Trollbeads - one of them is meeting up with a TB rep soon.

After a quick think I came up with:

Not such a reliance on flowers (a lot of the recent releases have been flower related, would be nice to get some new different designs in)

Not enough red beads (they have retired virtually all the red beads in the past 2 retirements)

Need more abstract beads like silver fruit, beads of prophesy, triangles etc

Too many stupid teddies!

Did I do OK?
polarchick
polarchick
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? Empty Re: What feedback would you give to Trollbeads?

Post by Wildthing Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Oh, I have given feedback to a rep before when he was visiting my ld, I'm not sure I was as polite as you Laughing
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? Empty Re: What feedback would you give to Trollbeads?

Post by polarchick Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Hehe, I wasn't quite as polite as I have made out here! And of course we did have yet another laugh at the turkey-looking backs of the "stupid teddies"!

The staff in this shop are great, they're a family business and are all really interested in Troll so we have a good natter when I go in - I am usually in there for ages!
polarchick
polarchick
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:13 pm

I would definitely ask that they include more fantasy oriented and whimsical silvers as opposed to the bunnies & teddies. I like the "Griphex" and will see my way to ordering that one but, please no more cute and fuzzy, bring on the toothsome & fearsome! Twisted Evil afro
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by kimvw Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:22 pm

Better quality controll, some of the beads even the silver beads haven't been up to the standard you'd expect.

Better deals for Europe, like the US trunkshows (3+1 /clasp + free bracelet)
kimvw
kimvw
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:17 pm

I was interest to see what Charles reply as I think that they have hardly any beads for a male market now. I am not liking the cute beads I will leave that to Pandora mostly. I think that a few creative designs for both he and she to wear will be good idea.
Even I now ladies do most buying I think not all ladies are for cute beads and I wonder they are missing the gap?

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Clochard Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:23 pm

hehe.....oh, i think, i´ve just said the same as you!!
please more like "bead of prophecy"...not more flowers and bunnies...

where are the awesome TROLL´s...the reason why many of os wanna have a bracelet?????...(rolling troll...troll-lock..and so on..) the fairies..???

these little things with wonderful stories behind?????

and NOT..".on easter there was a bunny"
Clochard
Clochard
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Feedback mine would be to allow any dealer of trollbeads be it platinum gold or silver to discount if they so chose to do so. Currently Gold dealers are officially not allowed to discount. How on earth can they compete with the big on line dealers..
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:45 pm

On the selling line I will agree to Grumpy and further. I will say that one time Trollbeads sell there product to the retailer after so long a retailer can put it in a sale for that is what all retailers do with old stock. They dont to continue holding old stock wich will stop them buying the new stock.
For this will prevent forward growth.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:53 pm

I need a nip of tequila and four beers. Then I'll get back to you.....
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:34 am

Quality control, hallmarking, and consistency. That needs to be a priority.

And stop having rules that get in your dealers' way.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by harmony Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:10 am

I agree quality control should be a priority.
harmony
harmony
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by margiegoodwin Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:28 am

I agree with quality control, most of the newer beads are so highly polished that the definition and depth is almost gone. Have they even looked at the beads recently? I liked the new barrel beads until I saw them IRL, I could hardly tell what they were. I will search for a decant one, but I doubt I will find one soon. Not all there
margiegoodwin
margiegoodwin
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:36 am

margiegoodwin wrote:I agree with quality control, most of the newer beads are so highly polished that the definition and depth is almost gone. Have they even looked at the beads recently? I liked the new barrel beads until I saw them IRL, I could hardly tell what they were. I will search for a decant one, but I doubt I will find one soon. Not all there

They should not design beads with fine details if they are going to polish them away. I was disgusted by the worn out looking surface of Opposites barrel bead that I saw at my LD - it was hard to see what the pattern was - and the other two barrels were not much better. Trollbeads should certainly not take advertising photographs that do not represent the appearance of the beads that we are actually offered to buy.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Oh my.....I've thought about this for a long time....Here are my thoughts:

Go back to what made you rich. Troll did not get where they are today making bunnies, bears and cake pans. Forget what ALL other brands are doing. They are not the original. You are TROLLbeads. TROLL dang it. A cute bead every once in a while is ok. I bought Troll for their originality and uniqueness. Make anything at all Troll related. It will sell. Quit worrying about what anyone else is doing. No other companies should intimidate you if you stick to what got you where you are today.

Sort of goes back to the thought of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"....I think Troll has fixed something that was not broken.
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:20 pm

Id have no quibbles with TB trying out new design directions. However, I agree with Grumpy and Michelle about their policies and store politics. Dealers are dropping the brand in droves and they need to realize that they cannot ignore this. Local dealers helped promote the brand and get the name out. They can't assume that new collectors are going to get on their computers and try out the brand just because they plant big billboards by highways and drop big bucks on magazine ads. Fewer stores means less exposure for an item that needs up close and personal perusal. All that talk about aggressive marketing isn't going to result in sales growth if people can't find stores near them!
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:36 pm

The direction should be "Back to basic", back to the trollish style!

I've seen the new beads IRL today and I am sorry to say, that most of them looked cheap (without beeing cheap of course) and too cute.
The Escher barrels were overpolished, hardly any detail to see. And why oh why did they have to add hearts to the Opposites bead?

Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:54 pm

Natural, higher grade, quality stones. Not dyed, not chemically stained or enhanced, or heat-treated, or one stone masquerading as another under a trade name; just natural pieces of mother earth with a silver core (professionally!) set in them.
Mythical, magical, weird, abstract (and ugly!) silvers.
Pleeease Very Happy
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jlfritz Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:06 pm

I know what you are all saying as far as what drew you to Troll. However, it was mentioned that other lines are outselling Troll . . . so Troll sees it as it IS broke. I agree with Trollmoll. Go ahead and try new designs -- but they should also continue to add the designs that appeal to those who have been longstanding customers -- the trollish stuff. Write Write Write to Troll. Writing here is fine, but they probably aren't going to see this -- and if they hear it direct from the customers, it may make a difference.

Unfortunately $$$$ speak loudly too -- so if the trollish aren't selling . . .

Younger buyers are going to be attracted by online advertising. I guess I can't say that a billboard wouldn't do it. People see my bracelet and ask if it is Pandora. Pandora has billboards, and does advertising in magazines. When I say no it is Trollbeads, they haven't heard of it. I only found out about them because of friends of mine who were collecting them. Otherwise, I probably still wouldn't know.
jlfritz
jlfritz
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by snails Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:51 am

I would like to see prices not increased. It would actually be great if they would lower prices (but we know that will not be happening). My husband ran into a store the other day and was aghast to see the naughty dragon pendant was $116. He said he would not be buying any more troll for me unless he bought from an LD who has not gone up on their retired beads.
snails
snails
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Yohanna Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Quality control is a big issue. These are 2 examples of Autumn Spledour
What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? Trollb30
Yohanna
Yohanna
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by polarchick Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Wow Yohanna, that's quite a difference!
polarchick
polarchick
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:08 pm

splinty wrote:Natural, higher grade, quality stones. Not dyed, not chemically stained or enhanced, or heat-treated, or one stone masquerading as another under a trade name; just natural pieces of mother earth with a silver core (professionally!) set in them.
Pleeease Very Happy

Oh yes!!!!!! What a Face Agree Agree Agree Agree
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Lengoa Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Anita wrote:
splinty wrote:Natural, higher grade, quality stones. Not dyed, not chemically stained or enhanced, or heat-treated, or one stone masquerading as another under a trade name; just natural pieces of mother earth with a silver core (professionally!) set in them.
Pleeease Very Happy

Oh yes!!!!!! What a Face What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? 748974 What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? 748974 What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? 748974 What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? 748974

What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? 748974 also My opinion - please send that note to Trollbeads - maby they will read and understand What feedback would you give to Trollbeads? 866164
Lengoa
Lengoa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Foley Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:43 pm

I love this topic! Where to begin...

Dear Trollbeads,

I came to Trollbeads late. I bought my first beads and bracelet in the fall of 2010. From that first bead, a Black Onyx, I have delighted in exploring your product line and building relationships with the women who carry your goods. I am sad to say in the last two months, three have dropped your line; C'est La Vie in Edmonds. Washington, Fast-fix Jewelry in Beaverton, Oregon and Scribbles (my favorite dealer and store) in Gleneden Beach, Oregon. But, I think it is a wise business decision on their part. Who will be able to afford the full scope of your line going forward? I am thinking of dropping you, too. You are no longer the line I met and fell in love with in Seprtember of 2010. I don't think you care about me, your loyal and older customer with discretionary income for gifts and collecting. I don't recognize myself in your latest ad campaigns. Much like Swarovski, you are cheapening your product, raising your prices and focusing on the tastes of a younger buyer. The folksy, dare I say Hippie, customer is no longer your selected target.

The following are reasons I believe my love affair is ending:

I'll start with Quality Control (as should you)

I've learned to check all clasps, pearls, stones, silvers and glass beads very carefully before I purchase. Autumn Splendor is a perfect example of the inferior product you, Trollbeads, are willing to pass on to the trusting customer. I have tried to find one matching your online photo only to see a denuded version in the stores. Add The Big Flower Lock (I didn't know the center of the flower had a cross mark on it - mine was just a blob), Rose Silver, Paradise Birds, The Trinity, Milky Way, "Diamond Beads," "Precious Stones" and any "Flower" glass bead to the list. With Trollbeads, the hunt for the perfect bead is a perilous one. And, may I say, the 2011 Winter collection glass beads left me cold with nary a purchase to be made. The glass beads were lightweight with tinny/thin silver cores and cheap in appearance (but, not cost). For me, I would request you drop the swirls and squiggles.

The Universal Unique Debacle

I can't believe I fell for this. You seduced me with designs I hadn't seen before. I blame my purchases of Universal Uniques on being new to your line. I learned quickly, due to the larger core, beads didn't sit on my bracelet the same way. They were bigger, narrow like bicycle wheels, at times lopsided on the core and didn't fit the leather bracelets. Once I discovered the truth about UUs, I was able to swap out a few with one of my dealers but not all. I began to realize my loyalty didn't mean as much to you. This product planted a seed of doubt in me. Was the story you were telling one of greed?

The High Cost of Love

Give us a break! Your product (read quality control) does not merit the most recent price increase. Keep reducing the amount of silver in the beads, presenting cheap/tinny limited edition Winter (Christmas) collections, simplifying your seasonal collections and charging your loyal customer more. This is not a formula for continued success.

Remember Your Roots or Why I Fell in Love in the First Place

You are a Scandinavian company, the birthplace of beautiful design. You named your company after a native, fabled creature of good luck. Where are the new beads like Smiling Cylinder, Three Flowers, Silver and 2+2 (would you make it in silver, please). I would like to see new design beads or fantasy beads with dichroic glass adornment. You are not Pandora. Stop emulating other bead lines. Go back to your own product museum for inspiration. Rough and tumble beads are okay if designed to be so. Masculine is good (it compliments our femininity). All things Viking are good. The New World is terrific as well if you bring it to us with quality and care.

I will give you time to switch course. I am always hopeful for the next collection. But for now, I will stick with culling the glass beads, scouting for retired finds and buying when you have special offers to offset the price increases you have steadily put in place.

I hope you find your way,

Nancy Foley

Last edited by Nancy Foley on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Omission of letters, capitalization and an unintended line space in two paragraphs)

Nancy Foley
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next