BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollbeads will release limited edition Chinese Zodiac beads

+113
tcschumaker
Trollfan
jotroll84
zuzu's petals
maddybrown1
bijouxbabz
flowertroll
Tanjaatje
Louey
Jules
Paixxx
silver
Beadmama
Trollette
Guv
lecohen
romayne
casarobi
beadiack
laurenp
TrollBlossom
Kensington
purpletibet
trollala
smschoenauer
Pond
Michelle
joycehofland
ragdoll.andy
Elsie
trollgirly
trollmoll
Anita
trolliholic
snails
trolladdict
Treeinwind
harmony
ceruleanbluebird
mdellanno
plumbun
Bluesybeads
Chuck
MollyMcD
goody4paws
Tee
lobby
mermaidspurse
Trolls
Blairkj
Silmaril
Nkara
chocoholic
Pandabee(uk)
eeyore
frysefrou
twinklebeads
Artemis
Brightonbelle
trollbeadslady
Chewbacca
SnorkMaiden
Joolz
TrollRose
bibi
Daisylove
Amanda Mac (Dot)
trollfinder
hildejanbroers
retiredk9racer
Molamola
lyric_girl
rainyday
Fuzzyfeet
GRUMPY
Trollseeker
Wintertroll
Fairy3
kionee
BeeBeeshummer
Beadgirl
pandapharm
liana
lisa
LindaJo
annateresa
dutchmilkmaid
Caroline
naranja
Monkey
GinGer
trollcat
Lucky Dragon
Babsbeads
Fleur
Fay
margiegoodwin
elencar
snowy
nanny4two
Smaug
Catsworld
Juniper
Fera
neonfiller
Szilvia
soxfan
Hisae
TrollFantasy
Kathleen
Rainbow
kitsunegrl
BeadThrilled
117 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

chinese - Trollbeads will release limited edition Chinese Zodiac beads - Page 8 Empty Re: Trollbeads will release limited edition Chinese Zodiac beads

Post by Bluesybeads Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:11 pm

Thank you!

They look almost as small as the prisms Shocked

Now I cannot wait to see them IRL. bounce

Wondering too if they come out in the entire world or just China to begin with chinese - Trollbeads will release limited edition Chinese Zodiac beads - Page 8 132901
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

chinese - Trollbeads will release limited edition Chinese Zodiac beads - Page 8 Empty Re: Trollbeads will release limited edition Chinese Zodiac beads

Post by TrollFantasy Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Would still love two of them, probably rat and pig for two of my cats Very Happy
Thank you for the update!
TrollFantasy
TrollFantasy
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:14 pm

OMG, they look great, also the bracelet that they are on.

I wonder if they are as heavy as the LE Chines silvers?
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by margiegoodwin Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Thank you for the update.
I can't wait to see them in real life.
margiegoodwin
margiegoodwin
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadgirl Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:56 pm

I like them smaller, but not the larger price Rolling Eyes. They will definitely be very useful. I need the tiger.
Beadgirl
Beadgirl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadThrilled Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Undecided TBH. I have the chinese silvers which details are awesome also at pictures. I'm a bit wary these might be less intricately detailed.

My LDs won't be getting these LEs so I'd need to order from a store online to be able to see them IRL. But the price... oh la la. They better be good!
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:52 pm

The beads appear to be slightly smaller than the previous Chinese silvers.
However, still large cores!

So less silver and cheaper to make, but more expensive to buy ! Neutral

One of the things I love about my China silvers is they are so heavy, you sure know when you are wearing them !
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyday Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:38 am

Fuzzyfeet wrote:
The beads appear to be slightly smaller than the previous Chinese silvers.
However, still large cores!

So less silver and cheaper to make, but more expensive to buy ! Neutral

One of the things I love about my China silvers is they are so heavy, you sure know when you are wearing them !

Very true, I pair mine with ambers to offset the weight. These look sort of cute though, with the smaller size. But I can imagine that maybe some detail was sacrificed to make them smaller.
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadmama Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:11 am

hhmmm don't really like how hard it is to see what they are and yes are they wanting lots and lots of the same thing? A long huge heavy necklace of all of them would be cool though mixed with stones. But seriously...why are they so obsessed with China that they keep revisiting? There are some really great Asian cultures like say Korea too? I love you
Beadmama
Beadmama
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

http://www.peaceofmindjewelry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollBlossom Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:55 am

They are so tiny! Especially for the price. I just got an email from an LD that the price increase is effective January 27. I'm bummed because I feel like the quality and amount of silver has decreased but they have the nerve to raise prices.
Sorry, but I just read that email and still fuming about it.
TrollBlossom
TrollBlossom
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

https://www.facebook.com/heather.mcdougall.5 http://www.pinterest.com/izziebean5095/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadmama Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:04 am

The amazing thing to me is...silver is DOWN from what it has been this year. I make jewelry and as someone who frequently buys sterling I watch the price. It is about 28 US $ right now and was in the 30's most of the year. I understand those who have weathered the silver storm, hoping it would go down and taking hits on their sales but Trollbeads has already raised not too long ago....I don't get it.
Beadmama
Beadmama
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Treeinwind Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:52 am

I have said this before, but this time I might mean it, I will just get this set and be done with it! I have enough beads for one person. With the price increase we can al just swap back and forth here for our newness. I do have to have these though. One bead a month for the year if they last that long!
Treeinwind
Treeinwind
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kionee Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:17 am

Beadmama wrote:But seriously...why are they so obsessed with China that they keep revisiting? There are some really great Asian cultures like say Korea too? I love you

Probably more Chinese customers than Korean ones. Is there even a distributer in Korea??
kionee
kionee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:26 am

Well, all of Asia uses the Chinese zodiac, so it's not really just a Chinese thing.

Also, China is so big and old that there's just a wealth of ideas that TB probably can't resist.
Personally, I hope they revisit Japan and bring some more beautiful designs from there.
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SnorkMaiden Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:34 am

Right - I need to see them IRL, and then I think it will be either all of them, or none. Hmm, guess I just gave myself the answer (12 x 52? Those times when I spent that on silver are over...) Still, wondering which one would be the horse?

Beadmama - I'm sorry to say that I think "we" marketing people would explain that by "marketing opportunity" Rolling Eyes Embarassed Sheer size of expected revenue, also obviously the concept is quite familiar to Western customers, too. I wouldn't know about Korean zodiacs. TB executives' minds probably work that way, too.
SnorkMaiden
SnorkMaiden
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

chinese - Trollbeads will release limited edition Chinese Zodiac beads - Page 8 Empty Chineische Sternzeichen

Post by silver Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:00 am

Freue mich riesig auf diese Beads! Sie sehen wundervoll aus cheers
Hoffentlich ist bald Freitag!

silver
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:26 am

kionee wrote:
Beadmama wrote:But seriously...why are they so obsessed with China that they keep revisiting? There are some really great Asian cultures like say Korea too? I love you

Probably more Chinese customers than Korean ones. Is there even a distributer in Korea??

Until now TB can only be bought in Hong Kong - nowhere else in China. But there is a distributor for South Korea Wink
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:56 am

Tiny is good (but hopefully solid for that price)...
Big core - not so good but I can live with that as the bigger Chinas also have the big cores, I just hate them on glass beads.
Still I have to see how they'll look IRL and still unsure whether I really want a horse...
But DH is a sheep, so is that any better? Perhaps a Dragon just because it's a classic Asian symbol and we have the year of the dragon soon.
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:21 pm

As Kionee, says.. more customers..

The Chinese continent is enormous for a potential market, at one time I would have said learn Chinese, .. you will go a long way except there are a lot of dialects. If you speak French, German, English and Spanish, add Chinese,, you will always find the way if your satnav lets you down. I digress, the Chinese Commercial Market, is Big. Do not underestimate it!

Population of USA 312,884,000
Population of China 1,330,141,295

We British, or Dutch are a tiny part of the world cog, but the Chinese population respect! It would not be science fiction to think of the world as controlled by China in a not too far distant!
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:30 pm

GRUMPY wrote:

As Kionee, says.. more customers..

The Chinese continent is enormous for a potential market, at one time I would have said learn Chinese, .. you will go a long way except there are a lot of dialects. If you speak French, German, English and Spanish, add Chinese,, you will always find the way if your satnav lets you down. I digress, the Chinese Commercial Market, is Big. Do not underestimate it!

Population of USA 312,884,000
Population of China 1,330,141,295

We British, or Dutch are a tiny part of the world cog, but the Chinese population respect! It would not be science fiction to think of the world as controlled by China in a not too far distant!

I think that you are right!

Actually Sweden has decided that all schools should be able to offer Chinese within the next 10 years. I think that they too have a good idea of the future to come.
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Already for sale

http://stores.ebay.de/Uhrenfachhandel/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=189783187&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_sop=10&_sc=1
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:18 pm

12x52€ No Thanks Laughing
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Paixxx Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:18 pm

I didn't realise these silvers were smaller - a good thing for me as I find that the chinese silvers can 'swamp' some of my glass beads, most of which are smaller sized.

I just noticed a German business seller has put these for sale on Ebay today - 10 of each.
Wish I didn't have an enormous electric bill to pay!
Paixxx
Paixxx
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadmama Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:51 pm

SnorkMaiden wrote:Right - I need to see them IRL, and then I think it will be either all of them, or none. Hmm, guess I just gave myself the answer (12 x 52? Those times when I spent that on silver are over...) Still, wondering which one would be the horse?

Beadmama - I'm sorry to say that I think "we" marketing people would explain that by "marketing opportunity" Rolling Eyes Embarassed Sheer size of expected revenue, also obviously the concept is quite familiar to Western customers, too. I wouldn't know about Korean zodiacs. TB executives' minds probably work that way, too.

Actually Korean zodiacs are the same...Korea is a traditionally confucian culture and has tons of Chinese architecture and themes in their culture. They do have a lot of their own cultural things too such as their hanbok clothing which is very colorful. I think I am mostly bummed they are not being visited on the world tour.

I would like to eventually get the love locks bead from the world tour because there is a tower in Seoul where lovers or family put locks on with their names written on them and I want to do that when we go to pick up our new son. The tradition is to throw away the key but they discourage that now and want you to keep it to not litter the ground with keys. sunny
Beadmama
Beadmama
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Unfortunately I am a dog, and even more unfortunately the dog is pretty ugly Sad
I am not going to buy a whole set of 12 beads, I am asking myself if it would bring bad luck to buy the dragon or the snake, these 2 I find really cute?
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next