BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollbeads releases two 'ring and bead' sets

+29
bijouxbabz
snowy
GRUMPY
DblJJ
trollcat
Wintertroll
trollmoll
Trolls
ahmotheroftwo
Fay
Michelle
Fuzzyfeet
kitsunegrl
Lollipop
Trolldog
Wildthing
sparrow
sakyubc
Tinka
Brightonbelle
hayseed
beadiack
Silmaril
Chewbacca
Beady-Eyed
retiredk9racer
Guinivere
shia
BeadThrilled
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trollbeads releases two 'ring and bead' sets - Page 2 Empty Re: Trollbeads releases two 'ring and bead' sets

Post by trollcat Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:25 pm

trollmoll wrote:It must be that the rings are not selling well and they are piggy backing on the popularity of the prisms. Even the smallest is too large for me. I think it is a cool ring but the deal is not such a great one and the charitable aspect minimal. Give directly to the charity of your choice and take the tax deduction yourself.
Agree and here is a raspberry for TB Razz
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads releases two 'ring and bead' sets - Page 2 Empty Re: Trollbeads releases two 'ring and bead' sets

Post by retiredk9racer Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:21 pm

The problem is that there are probably enough people who will purchase the ring and pay the exorbitant price for the prism, just to have it. The only way to get the mothership's attention is if everyone boycotted this release and I just don't think that will happen. I know that some of TB management (i.e., family members) are members on some of the forums and perhaps they will read what we are all saying and do something about it, but, this is a business to them, and I doubt they will change things. Some of the recent decisions made by TB management totally baffle me. When I look at my collection today, I realize that I have enough beads of almost every color and enough silvers to make almost any color combination I might want. I purchase beads because I like/love them, not because I need them to finish a combination. I have tested the waters with artisan and other bead brands (RBF), and have found beads that work well with my TB beads and have been able to purchase beads that would be impossible or ridiculously priced if they were TB (cream dillo, one similar to GLA). Too many similar decisions by TB and I will find myself focusing on artisan beads for much more reasonable prices.
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by DblJJ Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Wintertroll wrote:
Fuzzyfeet wrote:Seriously pissed off with this !

Could not have said it better myself.

exactly what I was thinking especially now that it has been confirmed by another US dealer.
TB seems to be pricing based on what they think the market will bear. Hope this effort
totally backfires on them.
DblJJ
DblJJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:31 pm

I feel so torn about this; I didn't really know about this pink prism until I started getting back into TB.

I really want this bead and I am scared to buy on the secondary market because I am not confident in my skills of distinguishing real from fake/not as described. I feel safe on this site because we are a smaller community, but I doubt a pink prism is going to be on this site anytime soon or that I will be quick enough to get it. lol...

So, I will probably be the sap that will purchase this set if I have the funds for it next month. Embarassed
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:07 pm

kitsunegrl wrote:So, I will probably be the sap that will purchase this set if I have the funds for it next month. Embarassed

I did not intend to make anyone feel like they are a "sap" or anything else with my posting if they decide to purchase it. It is a personal decision that we all make, weighing all the other priorities in our lives, on how much we are willing to spend on any one item. I, for one, am not ready to commit that amount of money for one item, especially since I am being forced into purchasing a ring that I may or may not want, along with the inflated price of the prism. If the charitable donation were more substantial, I might have considered it.
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:36 pm

If you like the ring, you would buy it, but the prism seems seriously overpriced. I had no problems with the coin, knowing that for the first 3 months it would benefit some charities.. Still a nice earner for someone after those three months.. instead of donating the rest goes back into TB HQ's pocket? or the dealer?
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:09 pm

retiredk9racer wrote:
kitsunegrl wrote:So, I will probably be the sap that will purchase this set if I have the funds for it next month. Embarassed

I did not intend to make anyone feel like they are a "sap" or anything else with my posting if they decide to purchase it. It is a personal decision that we all make, weighing all the other priorities in our lives, on how much we are willing to spend on any one item. I, for one, am not ready to commit that amount of money for one item, especially since I am being forced into purchasing a ring that I may or may not want, along with the inflated price of the prism. If the charitable donation were more substantial, I might have considered it.

Oh, I didn't think you were making anyone feel that way at all about your post! I was just making the statement out loud about myself. I KNOW it is overpriced and the charitable amount is piddly, I was just calling myself out that I am still tempted by it. Because I'm easy that way... Woot
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:23 pm

Why should I be forced to buy a ring I prefered the "buy $100 worth of beads and we'll condecend to sell you one" offer from Australian dealers !
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:13 pm

GRUMPY wrote:.. instead of donating the rest goes back into TB HQ's pocket? or the dealer?

Must be TB´s pocket !!
The ring is $ 102 + $ 22 donation = pink prism $ 101 Shocked
TB seems to need money badly Evil or Very Mad
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by bijouxbabz Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:49 am

snowy wrote:
GRUMPY wrote:.. instead of donating the rest goes back into TB HQ's pocket? or the dealer?

Must be TB´s pocket !!
The ring is $ 102 + $ 22 donation = pink prism $ 101 Shocked
TB seems to need money badly Evil or Very Mad

About the offer - Let me quote Gilda Radner, "Never mind."
bijouxbabz
bijouxbabz
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:57 am

Looks like I'm going to be forced into this as I've missed out on getting one any other way Crying or Very sad
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:03 am

There really do seem to be quite a lot of Pink Prisms now. Why not wait until the craze dies down and someone gets fed up with one? I am sure that they will. People were crazy for Raspberry Dillos at one point. They are being re-homed a lot now.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by naranja Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:28 am

This has been said before, but what I don't understand is that the set with the pink ribbon bead sells for $20,- off the retail price of just the ring (so you get the glass bead for free) and the set with the pink prism is so much more expensive. They could've taken part of the $51- discount on the one set off the other set, right?

The ring has been on my wish list for quite some time though and at the pink ribbon set price it is quite tempting..
naranja
naranja

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBeetle Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:10 pm

Naranja, I agree with your doubts. For this amount it might be easier/better to try to snag an old pink prisma in ebay or so. It will be the same price in the end...
MissBeetle
MissBeetle
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by lkeen Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:40 pm

As much as I would LOVE a pink prism, there's no way I can afford this offer and it's so odd the way they have priced them!
Very disappointed. I take it this means the US won't be getting individual Pink Prism beads? Certainly, after the weird prices they couldnt charge Glass 1 for them.
lkeen
lkeen
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by speedy Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:There really do seem to be quite a lot of Pink Prisms now. Why not wait until the craze dies down and someone gets fed up with one? I am sure that they will. People were crazy for Raspberry Dillos at one point. They are being re-homed a lot now.

this is very wise advice, everybody wants the 'new' thing, but if you really love the pink prism, just wait a while and like most things, the more that are offered the more the price will drop.
I agree with other comments about Tb dictating too much about their product, rather than just selling the darn beads Rolling Eyes
speedy
speedy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by DblJJ Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:33 pm

Speedy,

Yes, I agree with you. If I want the ring I will buy it for itself not because of its companion piece.
BTW. Love the turq jasper in your awatar.
DblJJ
DblJJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by speedy Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:41 pm

DblJJ wrote:Speedy,

Yes, I agree with you. If I want the ring I will buy it for itself not because of its companion piece.
BTW. Love the turq jasper in your awatar.
thankyou, the Aqua Terra is one of my faves from the L/Ed gemstones Very Happy
speedy
speedy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2