BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollbeads glass for Pandora?

+41
Trollsister
Mouseoncheese
Silmaril
beadiack
charlibean
Fleur
zuzu's petals
snowy
vampbutterfly
LoopyLou
Tinka
Kensington
LindaJo
sakyubc
rainyday
ZAKLINZ
Anita
workerB4troll
Balaenanun
Katzenmaiers
plumbun
trollmoll
kitsunegrl
TinaLee
ahmotheroftwo
lyric_girl
cswan
SnorkMaiden
Catsworld
Trolls
lecohen
kionee
Smaug
Lengoa
tish
lkeen
Trolldog
Brightonbelle
Louey
Fuzzyfeet
BeadThrilled
45 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Empty Trollbeads glass for Pandora?

Post by BeadThrilled Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:48 am

The first current collection Trollbeads with big cores...
Yes, we are happy for Pandora owners and other brands they finally can get decent glass to brighten up their bracelets... but lets hope Trollbeads is not actually moving away from their smaller cored beads.

Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Dsc_0112_10Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Dsc_0121_11Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Dsc_0185_4

Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Dsc_0142_7Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Dsc_0198_4Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Dsc_0136_9
Pictures from Trollbeads Baden Baden
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Empty Re: Trollbeads glass for Pandora?

Post by Fuzzyfeet Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:54 am

Shocked
Even if they keep "our" small cored beads, this is going to cause total confusion, can you imagine LDs keeping big and small cored beads seperate ? Maybe this is why beads have been getting bigger and bigger to prepare us for the core getting bigger too Crying or Very sad
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Louey Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:58 am

Mmmm don't think i like this idea as FF has already posted dealers who don't know much about the product they sell won't bother having the smaller cored beads Neutral
Louey
Louey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:08 am

I have actually ceased to care. I mind bigger beads and I mind more expensive beads. That is what will kill my relationship with Trollbeads.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:53 am

Done deal for me too. I "might" have been able to tolerate an occasional universal unique, if it was just spectacular, but I am afraid this is just the beginning to the end....I hope I change my mind. I will buy artisian glass and drill my own stones. May have to buy the silvers. They have lost touch with reality, and their loyal fan base. Spells downfall to me. I hope the Dora lovers keep them in business like we have.
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lkeen Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:54 am

As long as Trollbeads continue with their wonderful and superior quality beads, the size of the core won't bother me too much. My mum bought a new universal ooak last week because it was stunning. It's only the size of the hole that's changed, not the silver rim around the glass which is one thing, amongst many, that I don't like about Pandora.
lkeen
lkeen
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by tish Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:56 am

well i have a sinking feeling as to the real collector it was the uniqueness and originality that we fell in love with and if the brand conforms to mediocracy just to get more customers then it will go 2 ways they will get custom from the trendies but lose the collectors
and in the long run trollbeads will kill themselves in the flood of similar selling products
im looking at artisan glass more and more these days
tish
tish
Babytroll Supermum
Babytroll Supermum

Back to top Go down

Post by Lengoa Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:10 pm

tish wrote:well i have a sinking feeling as to the real collector it was the uniqueness and originality that we fell in love with and if the brand conforms to mediocracy just to get more customers then it will go 2 ways they will get custom from the trendies but lose the collectors
and in the long run trollbeads will kill themselves in the flood of similar selling products
im looking at artisan glass more and more these days
Agree

Evil or Very Mad I am not ready or willing, to pay the amount of money, for glass that have a lower quality today, than when I started buying glassbeads. No
So this is the end for me and Trollbeads Sad

Well - it have been fun, and I have had my share of loving moments. Embarassed

So now I can look at all the other wonderfull brands, and still create wonderfull bracelets. sunny
Lengoa
Lengoa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:26 pm

From the real estate market we learned that Pandora is looking to open shops in 5 major Dutch towns... it is a big jump forward towards expansion in the Netherlands. Maybe Trollbeads is jumping on that wagon too.
Article: http://www.vastgoedmarkt.nl/nieuws/2011/07/12/Juwelenhuis-Pandora-zoekt-vijf-winkels

Are Pandora owners purists like many Trollbeads collectors are? Would they buy Trolbleads glass for their Pandora bracelets? Rolling Eyes
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kionee Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:38 pm

BeadThrilled wrote:The first current collection Trollbeads with big cores...
Yes, we are happy for Pandora owners and other brands they finally can get decent glass to brighten up their bracelets... but lets hope Trollbeads is not actually moving away from their smaller cored beads.
I thought it was only the uniques that were released with bigger cores and that there still would be uniques with trollbeads core. But now there's the current collection with big cores ...
What are they thinking???? And why don't they tell us which way they want to go??

If it's all going to be bigger cores than I'm happy with what I got and there will be no more trollbeads for me. My bankaccount will be happy with that Sad
kionee
kionee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by lecohen Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:38 pm

hmmmmm, I personally prefer the smaller cores but what puts me off is not the core size so much but the price increase...I already think they are too expensive as it is!

Fortunately I am very happy with my current collection so if it means I will leave it there then so be it...better for my finances LOL
lecohen
lecohen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lecohen Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:39 pm

cross posted the same sentiments :-)
lecohen
lecohen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Interesting abou the new Pandora shops...
I believe Troll are trying to open more stand alone shops/ sales Islands around the world.

Here in Australia quite a few Pandora bracelet owners are brand loyal...
They are looking for "true" Pandora....
Also Pandora claims that the bracelet warranty is voided as soon as you put another brands bead on your bracelet.
But a lot of Pandora bracelet collectors are looking for the pretty glass and others do not care about what brand they buy.
Pandora has done a remarkable job with their branding here in Australia, as to most people a Pandora bracelet is what you call ANY charm bracelet.
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Fuzzyfeet wrote: Shocked Maybe this is why beads have been getting bigger and bigger to prepare us for the core getting bigger too Crying or Very sad
That is what I don't like, those huge beads, they are not for me, even if they are at times beautiful, I prefer smaller beads, the size they used to be,
I will not buy the big whoppers! small core or big core, for me it is first the size that matters, (don't like the big cores neither)

I wonder if TB is reading all this? do they care? for me TB is just a business as any other business, I do not look at them as a nice family, in a certain way I can understand that they are looking for expansion, I do only buy what I really like, nobody can force me to buy their beads, and there are other beads that are just as beautiful, glass beads, their silver beads are the best available in my opinion.
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Smaug wrote:From the real estate market we learned that Pandora is looking to open shops in 5 major Dutch towns... it is a big jump forward towards expansion in the Netherlands. Maybe Trollbeads is jumping on that wagon too.
Article: http://www.vastgoedmarkt.nl/nieuws/2011/07/12/Juwelenhuis-Pandora-zoekt-vijf-winkels

Are Pandora owners purists like many Trollbeads collectors are? Would they buy Trolbleads glass for their Pandora bracelets? Rolling Eyes
I am a Pandora owner and I would NEVER put anything else on my bracelet. I feel much more strongly about that than mixing Trollbeads with other brands and artisans.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:48 pm

The other people with Pandora bracelets that I know don't like to put glass beads on them at all. That is not because they think Pandora glass is dull it is because they don't want to wear glass beads.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by SnorkMaiden Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:41 pm

I also saw Retired Trollbead glass as UUs at TB Baden Baden, for example a Clear Brown Braid UU, and an Orange Flower UU at Heidi's. Just an additional little twinge in my collector's heart...
SnorkMaiden
SnorkMaiden
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:58 pm

It makes me feel very sad....

Has anyone considered the possibility that all the glass in the new August release will have the larger cores?
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:59 pm

....and maybe cost the same as UUs??

........and the silver???
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by cswan Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:58 pm

BeadThrilled wrote:The first current collection Trollbeads with big cores...

Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Dsc_0112_10Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Dsc_0121_11Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Dsc_0185_4

Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Dsc_0142_7Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Dsc_0198_4Trollbeads glass for Pandora? Dsc_0136_9
Pictures from Trollbeads Baden Baden
cswan
cswan
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by cswan Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Sita, did they have the entire glass 1,2,3 lines for sale in the big size?
cswan
cswan
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by lyric_girl Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:35 pm

There are already Pandora stores here in Canada. I have found from my personal experiences that most people with Pandora bracelets have no clue that Troll even exists, never mind the fact that they were first.
lyric_girl
lyric_girl
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmotheroftwo Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:The other people with Pandora bracelets that I know don't like to put glass beads on them at all. That is not because they think Pandora glass is dull it is because they don't want to wear glass beads.

That's what I have found. There are a lot of Pandora wearers around here- all with silver and/or gold beads- very, very little glass.
ahmotheroftwo
ahmotheroftwo
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by TinaLee Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:48 pm

ugh. I don't like the big glass and if big holes contribute to big glass, I'll be so disappointed.
TinaLee
TinaLee
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:59 pm

This makes me sad too. I chose Trollbeads because of the crane bead and the beautiful glass beads.

I hate that TB feels the need to accomodate other brands; let them make their own glass beads! I don't want TB to get all "gussied" up to match other companies; I like the darker imagery of TB. There are plenty of other companies that are all sweetness & light with no dragons, trolls or menacing faces. I was so surprised that TB retired the elf, Tupilaks and faces beads. I figured they were part of TB "core" and I would always be able to get them. Silly me!
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next