BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show me your custom-made glass Trollbeads!

+22
Bluesybeads
angeltroll
chocoholic
TrollRose
Trolls
dansketroll
niceday
lkeen
Beadgirl
bijouxbabz
Fuzzyfeet
soxfan
trollcat
stephenie
Artemis
Juniper
Fleur
saracat
Merlyn
Rainbow
Wildthing
Amanda Mac (Dot)
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Show me your custom-made glass Trollbeads! Empty Show me your custom-made glass Trollbeads!

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:10 am

I know that some members have been lucky enough to attend bead-making events put on by TB or their distributors. I've seen it done at the UK Convention last year, but haven't got one myself.

I'd be really interested in seeing what glass you chose, and why Very Happy . Pretty please! Very Happy
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Show me your custom-made glass Trollbeads! Empty Re: Show me your custom-made glass Trollbeads!

Post by Wildthing Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:59 am

Here is mine

Show me your custom-made glass Trollbeads! Be007-1

I asked for a green lilac armadilo........ Laughing There were some translation problems.

Tbh I never wear it, I don't really like it Embarassed

Here is my sister in laws, made on the same day

Show me your custom-made glass Trollbeads! Be005
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Show me your custom-made glass Trollbeads! Empty Re: Show me your custom-made glass Trollbeads!

Post by Rainbow Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:14 am

Wow where were these made Wildthing? love them both xx
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:15 am

Rainbow wrote:Wow where were these made Wildthing? love them both xx

Steffans in Northampton two years ago.
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:16 am

I like them both too - lovely beads!! How funny you got a caterpillar instead of an armadillo!! I hope you got your GLA eventually.

You SIL's is really unusual - spiral with buds?

Thanks so much for sharing Very Happy

Last edited by Amanda Mac (Dot) on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlyn Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:17 am

Oh my goodness Wildthing ... I LOVE your bead!!!!!!!!!!!! It's perfect!!!! Wow!!!
Merlyn
Merlyn
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by saracat Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:39 am

I am still impatiently waiting for my bead from the Acotis day to arrive but as soon as it does I will post a photo.
saracat
saracat
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:44 am

They are both fabulous!
(but still sorry, that it is not, what you'd hoped for, wildthing)

Here in Germany the beadmaker is not allowed to do any special beads at the events, but only six different production beads (Dillos, flowers and stripes).
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Juniper Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:48 am

Wow, these beads are really stunning Drool

Juniper
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:26 am

Fleur wrote:They are both fabulous!
(but still sorry, that it is not, what you'd hoped for, wildthing)

Here in Germany the beadmaker is not allowed to do any special beads at the events, but only six different production beads (Dillos, flowers and stripes).

Yes, that's the rule in the UK now too, but the first event here (which was the one at Steffans) the lady would make anything, (if she understood what you wanted Laughing ) she was the most amazingly talented lampworker, I can't remember her name now, but apparently she works directly under Lise.

I feel bad for not liking it, as I know I was so lucky to have one made, I did try, but I don't like budded beads and I have never liked the anniversary cat. It doesn't even live in my bead box, it is in my 'one day' swaps or sales bag. That said I haven't managed to part with it yet, mainly as it is a reminder or a very special day with my Mum and Sister in Law.
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:55 pm

I can't believe you don't love your bead Wildthing, it is stunning!! Smile
Artemis
Artemis
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by stephenie Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:41 pm

Wildthing, I love both yours and your sister-in-laws beads! I would love to attend an event where I could have my own bead made, but would be very disappointed to be limited to production beads. Stripes? Really? Rolling Eyes
stephenie
stephenie
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Wildthing your beads are great, maybe the Danish words for "caterpillar" and "armadillo" are similar? Laughing I am impressed that you were able to get them both to stand up like that for the photo shoot.
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:34 pm

If you don't like it, can I have it? Laughing that is my FAVORITE BEAD!
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:10 pm

Both of those are amazing !
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by bijouxbabz Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:27 pm

You're keeping it for the right reason. Poor thing. I think of Cinderella or the Ugly Duckling. It's such a beautiful caterpiller. Maybe you could make it a butterfly bracelet. Smile
bijouxbabz
bijouxbabz
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:37 pm

Amanda Mac (Dot) wrote:I like them both too - lovely beads!! How funny you got a caterpillar instead of an armadillo!! I hope you got your GLA eventually.

You SIL's is really unusual - spiral with buds?

Thanks so much for sharing Very Happy

Sorry, I missed your reply earlier, I wasn't really with it (really shouldn't be messing about on here and trying to organize the school run at the same time Embarassed )

No, I have never found a GLA, after many, many attempts I am starting to think it's just not meant to be.

My SIL asked for a light blue braid (61166) but with light purple instead of the light green and with purple buds - see way more complicated, but came out exactly as she asked Laughing

It was funny when the bead maker was making mine, I was thinking 'That doesn't look like any armadillo I've ever seen, maybe it will look different when it cools?' Then she started adding the buds...... It was amazing to watch though, very complex.

Does no-one else have anything for show and tell? Smile
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadgirl Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Here is my teal dillo I had made at my LD last November. Smile Turned out to be more turquoise, but it's lovely and fat. Very Happy

I love your cat too Wildthing.

Show me your custom-made glass Trollbeads! Beadmaker-dillo

Show me your custom-made glass Trollbeads! Beadmaker-dillo2
Beadgirl
Beadgirl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by lkeen Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:10 pm

You're so lucky to have such special beads! They are all beautiful! Smile
lkeen
lkeen
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Show me your custom-made glass Trollbeads! DSC_9544

Here is my bead. I to asked for an armadillo, but something got lost in the translation !! and I ended up with a caterpillar the same as Wildthing.......and I absolutely love it. Very Happy
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by dansketroll Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:00 pm

That is so cool! I never knew about these bead making events.
dansketroll
dansketroll
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:56 am

@Niceday that is a wonderful Cat!!!! And I am usually not a cat fan (of the bead variety that is) Very Happy >=^.^=<
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:37 am

Beautiful beads everyone but most of all...what an experience to have a bead made just for you in front of your eyes!!
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollRose Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:30 am

Beadgirl,I love your dillo !!
TrollRose
TrollRose
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by chocoholic Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:21 am

I had a white dillo made at the same event as Beadgirl:
Show me your custom-made glass Trollbeads! Img_1236
chocoholic
chocoholic
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next