BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US beads & Ocean beads paired vintage post cards

+13
Artemis
rollypoly troll
Octopussy
Kensington
madyznsmom
Trolldog
trollmoll
Chuck
Molamola
Fleur
Trolls
kitsunegrl
Mini Gnome
17 posters

Go down

US beads & Ocean beads paired vintage post cards Empty US beads & Ocean beads paired vintage post cards

Post by Mini Gnome Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:26 pm

This holiday weekend I was trolling through some antique stores in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania and found 2 really neat vintage post cards that are perfect matches to my new US World beads and beach/ocean theme bracelet that I'm working on.

Here is my red, white & blue theme to go with my new US World tour glass & White House bead- the dark blue/white/pale blue bead next to the heart is a Universal Unique that I got yesterday too.

US beads & Ocean beads paired vintage post cards Beads4thofjuly003

Since the ocean waters off the New Jersey coast are never really blue, I'm making my beach/ocean bracelet reflect the grey/green waters of the northern Atlantic. The amber are for the sandy beaches..(I don't have many beads to play with yet, so I'm stretching the imagination here with the glass/amber and silvers I used) (2 ambers are TB, the other's are from AmberRegina, the silvers are TB except for the seahorse & urchin which are RBFrog.)

US beads & Ocean beads paired vintage post cards Beads4thofjuly004
Mini Gnome
Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

US beads & Ocean beads paired vintage post cards Empty Re: US beads & Ocean beads paired vintage post cards

Post by kitsunegrl Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:29 am

I like the kimono bead on your patriotic bracelet! It reminds me of the cherry blossom festival in DC and not just Japan. Smile
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

US beads & Ocean beads paired vintage post cards Empty Re: US beads & Ocean beads paired vintage post cards

Post by Trolls Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:23 am

I love antique postcards!
You have made some really fitting bracelet combos!
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 am

Fabulous pics and matching bracelets of course.
I love vintage postcards too Very Happy
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Molamola Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:36 am

Stunning combos and I adore the postcards.
Molamola
Molamola
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:54 pm

Fleur wrote:Fabulous pics and matching bracelets of course.
Very Happy
Ditto!

Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Gnome Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Thanks everyone! I love the illustrations in vintage postcards, and if there is writing and a stamp on the back, all the better!

These two didn't have stamps on them, but just a little writing, but the illustrations were just perfect.

Mini Gnome
Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Fabulous compositions!
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Gorgeous - Both of them!! Love the post cards!
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by madyznsmom Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Great combo sets and fabulous vintage post cards.
madyznsmom
madyznsmom
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensington Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:48 pm

Gorgeous ... I have heard of the Pocono's but of course never been there ... you are dead on with those postcards matching your beautiful combos ... they would make a good entry "of where you took your beads this summer" .... if there was one Laughing
Kensington
Kensington
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Octopussy Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:55 pm

The postcards are great. For what is the windmill on the beach/ocean bracelet? Do you have mills there?
Octopussy
Octopussy
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Gnome Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Octopussy wrote:The postcards are great. For what is the windmill on the beach/ocean bracelet? Do you have mills there?

Well, that was a bit of creative license there as I needed at least another silver in my combo.....but I did it since I think of Windmills of being near the water, and there is one in Milford, NJ that we pass on the way to the shore...
Mini Gnome
Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensington Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:57 am

Mini Gnome wrote:
Octopussy wrote:The postcards are great. For what is the windmill on the beach/ocean bracelet? Do you have mills there?

Well, that was a bit of creative license there as I needed at least another silver in my combo.....but I did it since I think of Windmills of being near the water, and there is one in Milford, NJ that we pass on the way to the shore...

Not to mention that it just looks great on this combo anyways ... it is a beautiful fit Very Happy
Kensington
Kensington
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by rollypoly troll Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:29 am

Amazing combos, really love the 2nd combo.

The post cards are very nice too.
rollypoly troll
rollypoly troll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:11 pm

They are a wonderful match! Smile
Artemis
Artemis
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:14 am

Brilliant Smile
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:15 am

WOW those are some BEAUTIFUL, colorful antique postcards and bracelets to match! I really love your creativity here.
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Reive Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:34 am

Every time I see that seahorse bead I drool.
Reive
Reive
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:22 am

Reive wrote:Every time I see that seahorse bead I drool.

Agree Agree
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Yohanna Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Lovely combos and beautifully illustrate the postcards. I just assumed that the windmill represented those hand held ones that we used to buy at the seaside to stick in the top of our sandcastles....Or is this just in the UK?
Yohanna
Yohanna
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Gnome Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Yohanna wrote:Lovely combos and beautifully illustrate the postcards. I just assumed that the windmill represented those hand held ones that we used to buy at the seaside to stick in the top of our sandcastles....Or is this just in the UK?

Thank you for the nice compliments!

We have those twirly sand toys in the US too, so I thought of the Windmill for those and I always think of Windmills and water since they're often near creeks and rivers, so not beachy I guess, but the water element is there..
Mini Gnome
Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down