BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birthday Bracelet - a work in progress!!

+4
DblJJ
jodeva39
LindaJo
Merlyn
8 posters

Go down

Birthday Bracelet - a work in progress!! Empty Birthday Bracelet - a work in progress!!

Post by Merlyn Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:19 pm

I've started a new combo using my two birthday beads and I'm trying to make something work with my amazonite as, although I love the colour, I find it's quite a tricky bead to use as not a lot seems to go with it!! Any help gratefully received!!!

Birthday Bracelet - a work in progress!! IMG_3133
Merlyn
Merlyn
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Birthday Bracelet - a work in progress!! Empty Re: Birthday Bracelet - a work in progress!!

Post by LindaJo Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:40 pm

I think almost anything goes with that aqua green color!
And in fact, some fashion theorists tout aqua and peach as two colors that look good on almost anybody of any skin and hair colours. So the Amazonite should be a versatile mixer.

You've got a great start there, with some glasses that pick up the colour of the Amazonite. The easiest thing would be to mix in more silvers, some golds if you have any, and some whites or some blacks.

For more contrast and punch, mix in deep purples like Amethyst or dark forest greens or blazing reds.

Or try some Ambers.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Birthday Bracelet - a work in progress!! Empty Re: Birthday Bracelet - a work in progress!!

Post by jodeva39 Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:23 am

oooh lovely... Agree I personally think Ambers look so striking with the aqua palette. I saw a bracelet on here that was all aqua/amber and it was spectacular! Thank you for your lovely welcome to me. I look forward to getting to know you better. My family are all English. I have always wanted to visit the mother country, especially your neck of the woods. Happy bracelet building it looks very beautiful so far.
jodeva39
jodeva39
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by DblJJ Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:48 am

I love the bracelet. My DD wears Aqua alot and pairs it with purple,
or gray, and of course a lime shade of green. You are really off to a great start.
DblJJ
DblJJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBells Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:45 am

Your bracelet looks lovely Merlyn and as for other colours to go with your amazonite, I don't have one so I'm not absolutely sure but looking at the two beads on your avatar, they look like they would fit perfectly with the rest of the bracelet you have made Very Happy
SilverBells
SilverBells
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickInEgg Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:14 am

your 2 birthday silvers look very nice on your bracelet. i'd love the zig zag bead. i have the UK WT Love Spoons bead and love it. Happy Birthday and congratulations on the addition of two fabulous beads.

ChickInEgg
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:16 pm

Nice start and I agree that ambers would complement the aquas. You have bits of gold in some of the other beads already.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Molamola Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:47 pm

Lovely bracelet.

I love my Amazonite, it goes with a lot of colours, the Turquoise beads like you ahve done there, the beige neutrals like Silver Trace Beige, Drifting Seeds, Honey Dawn, silver neutrals like the Labs, Silver Mountain, Blue desert. It also looks lovely with both pale pinks and hot pinks and brown beads like Golden Cave, darker Golden or Smokey Quartz and Beige Flower.
Molamola
Molamola
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlyn Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Such a lot of ideas, thank you all Very Happy I have a few ambers so can try those out and I have Drifting Seeds and of course my lime beads but I quite like the thought of deep purples .... darn it, now I'll be hankering after an Amethyst, lol.

Hope you make it over to Cornwall Jodeva, I do love it here. If you ever get over here in early May make sure you visit Helston for Flora Day as it's a sight to behold with dancing in the streets and all the shops and offices decorated with gorse, greenery and bluebells. Guess what Artemis and I will be doing this Friday - decorating our office!!! Very Happy
Merlyn
Merlyn
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down