BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Summer Blossoms - work in progress

+9
Mini Gnome
natalyk
Fuzzyfeet
Brightonbelle
reltan
Fairy3
vonnewe
Cloverbead
stacecase
13 posters

Go down

Happy Summer Blossoms - work in progress Empty Happy Summer Blossoms - work in progress

Post by stacecase Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:09 pm

The Daydream Blossoms is one of my favorite glass Trollbeads. I love the combination of colors, the playfulness, and the unexpectedness of it. I really want to make a bracelet around it, that is chaotic (asymmetrical, multi-color, etc.) and fun, something that will be a "go-to" all season.  

These are some first attempts, but I'm not happy yet...

Happy Summer Blossoms - work in progress Happy-blossoms2

Happy Summer Blossoms - work in progress Happy-blossoms

The first one (without the large focal glass in the middle) is my preference of these two.

Some ideas I had are adding another red/pink prism, another Daydream Blossom, another Stripe of Fashion, etc

What would you change, re-arrange, add, subtract?
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Happy Summer Blossoms - work in progress Empty Re: Happy Summer Blossoms - work in progress

Post by Cloverbead Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:28 pm

I love that big focal. I would have a few less colours and a few more silvers so that the daydream blossoms really stand out Smile
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Happy Summer Blossoms - work in progress Empty Re: Happy Summer Blossoms - work in progress

Post by vonnewe Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Love it stacey...they are so versatile the blossoms...they fit in so well
vonnewe
vonnewe
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:56 am

Stacecase I really love the blossom to and I really really love the prisms with it I don't know if you have those? I see you have a lovely dillo and the white bubble I think they look great too!
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:59 am

First one looks perfect to me! Love the skull, I have in mind a bracelet with skull next, but first have to finish my actual project Very Happy
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Is the big Dillo made of Trollstone?  It is rather fascinating.

Love your mixture of cool and warm tones.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:31 pm

I love the bright cheerful colours, and I think the Stripe of Fashion was made to go with the Daydream blossom !
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by natalyk Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Beautiful! I love the first one - wouldn't even change anything.
natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:48 pm

Thank you all!

@Cloverbead, I like your suggestions. I'm waiting on a 2nd Daydream Blossom to arrive, then I think I will give it a try Smile

@vonnewe, I agree, the DB really can be combined with so many possibilities.

@Fairy3, great idea! I do have some prisms, I will give those a try, thank you!

@reltan, can't wait to see what you do with the sugar skull! This is the first time I've used it on a full bracelet. Before it was just on a leather with some other skulls, but it's one of my favorite silvers Smile

@Brightonbelle, the large focal is from an artist, but I have unfortunately forgotten his name Sad It has a very similar look to the Trollstone material, but it's not a Trollbead.

@Fuzzyfeet, I thought the same thing of the SOF!! It definitely seems to have the same glass, just in a different layout. The colors are identical (except there are some additional colors like lavender and orange in the DB). I've always been a fan of the SOF, in fact I also recently snapped up an additional one (had two already Embarassed) from someone who had it listed as a "Green rainbow" on eBay Smile

@natalyk, thank you! I have been wearing it like this, it goes with everything Wink
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Gnome Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:19 pm

This is nice! It's perfect as is, but your plans for it sound great too - it's fun to refine and play with combo's, isn't it?

I think another DB would be the perfect touch ;o)
Mini Gnome
Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:50 am

these are both so happy! it's hard to say what i'd change...when i put my finger over things to picture the rearrange the combo you have (esp. the second one) seems to lose something...which must mean you've got it. feel like i'd put another pop of orange in the first one where you have the white bubbles...but then no...i really love them both (esp # 1 although that dillo is "da bomb" (are we still allowed to say that?)
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:43 am

Stacey,
I like the first one.    Have you considered taking away one of the lighter blue beads and substituting a slightly darker blue...more the blue of the flower edge in Blue Fantasy?  I think that color is also one of the flowers of DB and I think the intensity of that shade of blue would counterbalance the intensity of the Coral Stripe and Coral Flower.  
I sold my DB because I saw so frustrated with it.  But I don't own the two coral beads which add the punch to yours.  I think adding Purple Prism was perfect.
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:34 am

I really like both but love the second one  Very Happy  maybe another touch of orange instead of the white ones and a second blossom will surely be wonderful And I, too, like the stripes of fashion with the blossom. Now I might need one, too  Laughing 
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Happy Summer Blossoms - work in progress 01611
I have had a play with my Daydream Blossoms after looking at this thread. I tried to be a bit braver with the colours, usually I use paler ones with them.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down