BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow Storm Lhasa

+6
Gail201
reltan
Catsworld
bubbagump
strike
Trollperle
10 posters

Go down

Snow Storm Lhasa  Empty Snow Storm Lhasa

Post by Trollperle Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:47 pm

We went on a little vacation to Salzburg and also visited Gyalmo and Ivy´s Mums, their Grandma and aunts as well as Ilvy´s dad who was visiting (Gyalmo´s dad is from Zagreb and we have not yet met him). When we go I always take what started out to be my Tibet-Lhasa bracelet (put together in its first version right before we picked up Gyalmo pretty much two years ago, now) and is now called my Lhasa Joy Bracelet. It changes with the seasons and while I now long for spring it is still winter and I knew we would have snow in Salzburg, so the snowman stayed. What I did not count on was the aweful snow storm we had travelling back on Friday. From the first snow flakes right before the Karawanken Tunnel all the way through Slovenia, Croatia and up till Belgrade in Serbia we had more snow than I have ever seen fall on any given day, yet... The Autobahn was closed to Trucks, only one lane could be used most of the time and what is normally a 13-14 hour trip took us 19  hours with snow flakes in some places as big as eggs. Luckily from Belgrade onwards it was less snowy for the autobahn ends shortly after Belgrade and then it is just a one-lane-each-direction through mountains and curves street with many detours that are not always clearly marked. Unfortunately I was so in awe of the snow and crazy drivers and all that I never thought about taking a pic. Luckily DH is a wonderful driver and we made it home safely with Gyalmo and Ilvy sleeping away the aweful weather in their cosy boxes on the back seat. This is the bracelet I wore from sunup to sundown and many times I looked at it and then the weather did not seem to be that aweful for a moment Smile

Snow Storm Lhasa  Winter12
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Snow Storm Lhasa  Empty Re: Snow Storm Lhasa

Post by strike Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:23 pm

I'm glad that you were able to make it back safely! Sounds like quite the trip Shocked

Beautiful bracelet Smile
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:57 pm

Great Bracelet.  So glad you made it home safely.  And your trip sounds like it was nice.  We have had a terrible winter.  It's been very, very cold with a lot of snow.  I think we have 5 to 6 feet of snow on the ground.  And another storm is on the way.  We are used to heavy snowfall where I live, but this year has really been a hard winter.  I'm really looking forward to Spring and Spring Break.  I may head south to my sister's in Florida and enjoy the sunshine for a week.  And we can play with our beads, do crafts, and cook, and eat.  It's always nice to get away.  And it's always nice to return home too!

Last edited by bubbagump on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:26 pm

wonderful combo with great beads on it, the Tibet is the most sacred one to me, Very Happy
It is snowing here on and off, just on my way home on bycicle today there was heavy snowing, I reached home and it stopped...I hate snow with all my heart!!! and we really had enough of it now!!!
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:28 pm

That orange eye is hipnotic, never even came across one, you are really lucky!
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:43 pm

I tensed up in my shoulders reading the description of your drive back home.  Thank goodness you made it safely.  
The crazy drivers seem to come out of the woodwork  on snowy roads and we am dependent on them not getting in an accident in front of us!
Very special bracelet. Love the colors.
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Your bracelet is beautiful!  Your journey sounds very challenging, so glad you made it home safely!
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:26 pm

Wow! What a spectacular bracelet!! You really have a gift when it comes to combining unexpected colors.

So glad you and your family made it home safe through the blizzards, it sounds a bit scary, but all's well that ends well.
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:18 pm

Glad you made it home safely, the Eye beads on your bracelet must have helped to ward off the evil snow giants  Wink
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollEcat Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:47 am

Your Lhasa Joy Bracelet is a real eye catcher! Love it! I am glad you, DH and your lovely dogs made it home safely from my home country to yours! Hope you had a great time in Salzburg!
TrollEcat
TrollEcat
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:56 pm

Thank you all my dears for your lovely comments Smile

We had a fantastic time in Salzburg, TrollEcat, we love Salzburg and both our doggies are from St. Johann im Pongau, so very strong ties there Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down