BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring 2015 collection pics

+38
Trollperle
Freki
SophieLilith
flowertroll
Fleur
Beady-Eyed
Bluesybeads
Deidre
Jules
Brightonbelle
Fee
melmelmel56
trollmoll
Gail201
fairytroll
TrollEcat
Pandabee(uk)
Kathleen
Nkara
Joolz
Tinka
Anita
Kimberly Campbell
bubbagump
ceruleanbluebird
Beadman
Michelle
Fuzzyfeet
swisstroll
minty
kyhalfpt
Catsworld
Blairkj
saracat
Arwen
trollcat
Reive
cottinghamgirl
42 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Spring 2015 collection pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring 2015 collection pics

Post by Tinka Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:33 am

As for the glass: I have enough glass. But the very ugly guardian of treasusers is a musthave for me. So he can guard the glasstreasures I already own :-) I love the Climbing frog as well, he can be part of my TB silver frogcollection :-) Yhat's about it.
Tinka
Tinka
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Joolz Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:06 am

Beadman wrote:Love the Hematite (all the colours) as these are great for us boys. Out of the silvers I love the Dodo, New Horizons (boat) must have as I have the Viking Ship which I adore. I also love the Guardian of Treasures (octuppus); feeling the need to put together a pirates of the caribbean themed bracelet if I add these beads (which I probably will) to my ever growing addictive collection.

I love the idea of a Pirates of the Caribbean themed bracelet, will look forward to seeing your design Beadman ..... there be plenty of treasures to add Smile

Nice to see that there are beads for the boys this time round.
Joolz
Joolz
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Joolz Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:31 am

Very pleased that there are silvers I like,  Never ending, Path of life, Gentle wave, Climbing leaves.... I like the conch too but so sad they put a heart on it No why are they so heart obsessed  scratch    The glass I find boring, seen it all before and feel they've lost their creativity by just rehashing and updating the designs in different colours Rolling Eyes   Still, I shouldn't complain as there is something for everyone and I'm sure some wonderful creations will be made next spring and I'm happy that I have new silvers to look forward to Very Happy

I was a little puzzled as to why rose and turquoise ribbon are "new" ... but my guess is that they are not new and have just been incorporated into new sets so there's more glass to go with them.  These are Charity beads and need to stay in the collection as they raise money for cancer research
Joolz
Joolz
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Nkara Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Holy moly! affraid
I'm completely blown away with this release, it's right down my alley and I love both the glass and silvers. Happy it leaked so early so I have time to save up some money. What a Face
Nkara
Nkara
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:22 pm

Anita wrote:The only bead I might buy is the Dodo but everything else is truly awful. The glass gets worse with each release.

It feels like they are playing safe...pastels and glitter...I have seen comments on Fb saying that Troll should do more of this though....I used to look forward to the glass ...With e.g. Lakeside forest and the dawn/dusk beads and the Rocky Beach kit the new glass felt fresher and and more innovative. I do think the colours are pretty but I already have lots in that sugar almond colour...I wonder if Sea Anenome would work with the rocky beach kit?

I definitely need to see the silvers irl before buying this time. Too many expensive mistakes Embarassed
Jules
Jules
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:53 pm

I didn't buy a trollbead in the last 6 months,now i'm sure i'm not go to buy another for the next 6 months either Wink
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Now that's a trick I'd love to learn.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:24 pm

the longer I look at it, the uglier it becomes, Twisted Evil I might like gentle wave, but one bead out of so many... that has never happened to me before! alien
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Catsworld wrote:the longer I look at it, the uglier it becomes, Twisted Evil I might like gentle wave, but one bead out of so many... that has never happened to me before! alien

I am quite concerned by how much I dislike so many of the beads. It is making me feel that the Trollbeads I already own are nastier than I thought too.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:43 pm

I will try to explain a bit more, might be a bit erratic writing...

Trollbeads seems to stand still, clinging on to something they seem to believe will sell well, it is very much about making money, the beads seem to me very common, plain with not much phantasy, as if they were only meant to bring money to TB.

I have a somewhat difficult time at the moment, so a couple of days ago I ordered some Ohm beads, they evoked immediately a bright smile on my face, I found them original, funny, I saw images of sleigh rides before my eyes, the seemed to have some magic coming from them,
I saw them on ET and I must say, the blogger really captured so well their nature, some pics I found really very lovely, TB on the other hand does not give one single thought about how to present their beads, just the old stupid pics, no money left for hiring a professional photographer?
And mind you, I am 56 and had not intended to buy such hilarious fun beads any longer, I have become a bit careful in that aspect, still, I found them really desirable for me and I am looking forward to getting them.
The new release is not really to my liking, and they are not cheap, and still, they seem to breathe...buy me, wear me once and get new TB's, mass production, not much more!

hm... maybe I am now also spoiled with so many Faerybeads? maybe I also got already too many beads no matter which brand? maybe I am saturated to the brim, who knows? Very Happy
If you get too much stuff in short time this may also be the result. I will wait and see, but at the moment I am saving my money to get more Faeries.
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollEcat Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:09 pm

It think the new release is a strong one although I have to admit that I am not impressed with the glass designs. There is nothing "new" with the glass. But I really like the silvers - especially the symbolic ones like Path of Life, Neverending and Live, Love & Forgive. What absolutely excites me is the cherry blossom lock! What a beauty! And those Hematites also look great!!! Cannot wait to see the release IRL.
TrollEcat
TrollEcat
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytroll Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:26 pm

I haven't bought much from the last few releases. I will wait to see these in person. I love the little silver neverending bead, but that is all I am sure of until I see them in real life.
fairytroll
fairytroll
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadman Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:51 pm

fairytroll wrote:I haven't bought much from the last few releases.  I will wait to see these in person.  I love the little silver neverending bead, but that is all I am sure of until I see them in real life.

My opinion can change about beads when I have seen them IRL. Sometimes the ones I love in the pics become the ones I don't care for when I have seen them IRL.
Beadman
Beadman
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Beady-Eyed Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:42 am

Beadman wrote:My opinion can change about beads when I have seen them IRL.  Sometimes the ones I love in the pics become the ones I don't care for when I have seen them IRL.

This is so true! How many times have I gone to the TB dealer expecting to buy particular beads and gone home with different beads! Even with the Spring 2015 pics, I didn't like the Path of Life in the closeup, but when I saw it on the leather starter bracelet I changed my mind. Razz
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:34 am

[quote="Catsworld"]... I ordered some Ohm beads... I saw them on ET and I must say, the blogger really captured so well their nature, some pics I found really very lovely, TB on the other hand does not give one single thought about how to present their beads, just the old stupid pics, no money left for hiring a professional photographer? ...  quote]

I completely agree.  
OHM is trying to SELL beads and their photos make the beads interesting.
TB is also trying to SELL beads.   For goodness sake, take some decent pictures.

I bought some Ohm recently, just from seeing the photo.
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:14 am

Hmm... I must be still under the Troll spell.... I actually like some of the coming spring silvers more than the past couple of seasonal releases (last fall's excepted). They are simple and well defined. The one thing I don't care for is the constant need to add hearts in all the recent releases, even on the Conch, which would have been perfectly lovely without that honking heart. I guess that the longer we collect these beads, the more confident we are in our choices.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:36 am

I saw that heart on the Conch and thought to myself...why it that there?
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Campbell Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:23 am

Gail201 wrote:I saw that heart on the Conch and thought to myself...why it that there?

I thought the same thing on the conch! Yep, some one at Trollbeads HQ is definitely heart crazy. It makes me feel vaguely insulted, like they think that all women will go gaga over hearts if they keep serving them up. I should go through the catalog and count up how many hearts they have in the collection now, just to satisfy my curiosity. It kind of makes me wonder, though, about how the hearts actually sell. If they weren't selling well, why would they keep coming out with more? And it looks like they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now for designs. The Christmas ones were hideous. At least with a few of the ones already in the collection, I can say that even if they're not to my taste, they're still perfectly fine designs. Are we dedicated collectors on this forum who like the fantasy/mythical or funkier vibe really that much in the minority?

And the hearts aren't all - did everyone see the Valentine's collection? Not one, but two more silver cherubs? When there's already a very similar one in the collection, and they recently retired a bunch more? Why???

Kimberly Campbell
Kimberly Campbell
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Kimberly Campbell wrote:
And it looks like they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now for designs.  

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Some of the designs look vaguely like other brands' and artisans' designs. While I do like some of the simple silvers, the glass is no longer innovative, as we've come to expect from Troll. Such a pity, because there were loads of great ideas in the Peoplesbeads contest and they picked only one. I have almost all the silvers from the 2013 Peoplesbead multiple winners and very few silvers from the other recent releases, except for this fall's.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:20 pm

They may have lost their spirit to mainstream mass production.
When I think about beads, different brands e.g. faerybeads could be compared with a delicious fresh meal, while some TB's would only play in the range of a pre-cooked something from the microwave.
(Although every now and then I like having fast food too Laughing )
I've found, that lately I prefer to wear my bracelets with old silvers, pearls and stones, all the stuff, I'd already bought years ago. I still like them!
On the other hand, I am not tempted much by the new glass, let it be production or ooak.
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by melmelmel56 Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Am all disappointed by the dragonfly as it looks cartoonish with little detail. Such a shame as I love dragonflies and had been hoping a long time that troll would bring one out Sad
melmelmel56
melmelmel56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fee Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:30 pm

I love the barrels! But I wish they were in gold also hihi. Do not know if ander brands have them too..
Fee
Fee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:54 am

I feel a bit more positive about this now Christmas is over.

If I have any money left later in the month, I think I will buy Sea Anemone and Pink Conch.  I will have a good look at Mermaid Companion, Climbing Frog and Path of Life.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:19 am

The Sea Anenome is my favourite followed by conch...I like the pointed/star petals of the anenome...A change from the usual pansy shape.
Jules
Jules
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:53 am

Jules wrote:The Sea Anenome is my favourite followed by conch...I like the pointed/star petals of the anenome...A change from the usual pansy shape.

My pink beads are weak. I can justify a couple more.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next