BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Tour UK - pictures added

+80
unicorn1976
mrubin
wilsche
trollshopper
Trollseeker
retiredk9racer
Beadgirl
Katie
GinGer
annateresa
Trollingalong
Anita
Mini Gnome
trollmoll
susan
Beady-Eyed
daisy
Silmaril
SilverBells
Bluesybeads
Pablo
Smaug
liana
snowy
Molamola
Kensington
saracat
Trollperle
Troglodyte
bibi
Tinka
alexis
Freddie
Rainbow
Dorabella
hayheadsbird
kionee
Carla
Wintertroll
Sherry
Anna
rainyday
LindaJo
Trollpetal
cyberfairy
RubyGems
charlibean
Lollipop
Fuzzyfeet
Merlyn
Poison_Ivy
Hodge
GRUMPY
Catsworld
Daisylove
cottinghamgirl
KJanish
Fleur
Mouseoncheese
Joolz
Trollifer
mermaidspurse
Brightonbelle
Juniper
Nkara
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Chewbacca
Pond
lyric_girl
TrollTech
Tracytim
Blairkj
Kirstin
BeadThrilled
LoopyLou
Pandabee(uk)
SnorkMaiden
sakyubc
ahmotheroftwo
angeltroll
84 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

world - World Tour UK - pictures added - Page 3 Empty Re: World Tour UK - pictures added

Post by cyberfairy Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:38 pm

I can't wait to see the beads but I have to say that from what we've heard they don't appeal to me a great deal. I was hoping to get the glass bead but red White and blue isn't really my thing.
The mad hatters tea party sounds interesting though. I don't generally go for the larger silver beads but perhaps this will be a good place to start!
cyberfairy
cyberfairy
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

world - World Tour UK - pictures added - Page 3 Empty Re: World Tour UK - pictures added

Post by Trollpetal Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:41 pm

i'm not keen at all on the red, white and blue glass but i am interested to see what the mad hatters one is like..... i come from Oxford and the writer of Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll lived and worked in Oxford at Christchurch college ,it is said that he based his books on a little girl called Alice he knew , we even have an "Alice" shop which is a tiny little shop but full of lovely Alice in Wonderland gifts.....As a florist i have done Chelsea flower show a number of times and the last time we did an Alice in Wonderland theme.......remember Disney didn't write it!!!!!
Trollpetal
Trollpetal
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadThrilled Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:58 pm

world - World Tour UK - pictures added - Page 3 640px-Teapartysvg

I love Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass!
Now hoping the bead design will appeal to me... Rolling Eyes
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadThrilled Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:17 am

world - World Tour UK - pictures added - Page 3 PhotoPNG-1-1

The best I could do for now!
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Post by angeltroll Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:31 am

That's what I was shown : )....thanks BT. Smile
angeltroll
angeltroll
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollTech Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:11 am

I wish the kilt had been drilled the other way, so it would have looked like it was hanging off my bracelet. I see another AWESOME FN bead... Must be careful not to put on first though... The pearl might look naughty!! LOL

SO excited about the silvers. Very disappointed about the glass.
TrollTech
TrollTech
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://plsweb.com/Academic-Programs/PLS-Instructors/Gretchen-Rip

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:14 am

A naughty fantasy necklace, TT? Lol. We'd have to alternate between the dragon and the kilt with pearl!
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyday Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:43 am

Oh, this is just wonderful. Tiny, but wonderful. I love you
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:44 am

Oooooo I need to see "English Tea Party" up close! Smile

TFS!
Anna
Anna
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://www.angelofgrace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:55 am

The beads are gorgeous and a great representation!!!
Sherry
Sherry
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by lyric_girl Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:10 am

I definitely want the tea party and the love spoons. Do any of our U.K trollies know if they will be splitting up the kits?
lyric_girl
lyric_girl
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintertroll Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:16 am

Thanks so much for posting the pics!!!
Wintertroll
Wintertroll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Juniper Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:42 am

Thanks for sharing the pic Group hug

I think the love spoons could be interesting for me and the tea party. Although I am a bit afraid it could look like the magician IRL.

Juniper
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:58 am

I don't think I need any of these;(((((

Are there any better pictures out there??
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by SnorkMaiden Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:12 am

SnorkMaiden wrote:
Mad Hatter most likely is going to be a variation on the Magician... Rolling Eyes
And I bet the red in the glass is going to be orangey again... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Oh great. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The Tea Party even is by the very designer of the Magician... Rolling Eyes
And why does the UK bead have a red base, Union Jack is mainly blue... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
SnorkMaiden
SnorkMaiden
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:30 am

Oh dear me.

Hard to comment on those images but many thanks for getting them to us so fast. From what I can see.....

The red/white/blue bead is even nastier than expected.

The Kilt does look stupid without a Scotsman wearing it. I would never wear that.

Love Spoons seems to remind me of one of the Pandora beads. Will judge that when I can see it better.

The Tea Party bead looks strangely lumpy and out of balance. I suspect that it is going to be a hybrid between the Basket of Kittens and Magician - ugh!
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by kionee Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:32 am

SnorkMaiden wrote:Mad Hatter most likely is going to be a variation on the Magician... Rolling Eyes
And I bet the red in the glass is going to be orangey again... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Oh great. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
The Tea Party even is by the very designer of the Magician... Rolling Eyes

You're right Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
So that leaves the love spoons Rolling Eyes but I can't really make them out either world - World Tour UK - pictures added - Page 3 JC_thinking-1

But TFS the pics ...
kionee
kionee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:37 am

Note the name English Tea Party rather than Mad Hatter's. Is it really an Alice related bead or an unsubtle rip off? Who is having tea?
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberfairy Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:48 am

I have to say I'm quite disappointed, they're not at all what I expected. I guess I will have to see them irl but I really don't think I'm likely to buy any of them.
Thanks for sharing the pics though.
cyberfairy
cyberfairy
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Juniper Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:13 am

Brightonbelle wrote:Note the name English Tea Party rather than Mad Hatter's. Is it really an Alice related bead or an unsubtle rip off? Who is having tea?

Maybe it is similar to "Peter Pan" turning into "Spirit of whatever....." Rolling Eyes I thought this was strange too.

Juniper
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:38 am

Oh, I don't know what to say, normally there is one bead out of the set that I fancy. But I'm really struggling with all of them, maybe with a clearer photo I'll warm to one....Or maybe I'll just buy the SA lion.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SnorkMaiden Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:51 am

Brightonbelle wrote:
The Kilt does look stupid without a Scotsman wearing it. I would never wear that.

I think I may actually like the kilt... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Laughing
SnorkMaiden
SnorkMaiden
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseoncheese Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:55 am

Thanks for sharing the pics, well done to our bead detectives, angeltroll and Admin for getting us the scoops.

I don't think the glass is for me.

The spoons look like they might be ok in real life. I hope they haven't inadvertently included any inappropriate symbols, we will have to get the bead vetted by a love spoon expert.

The kilt looks alright as well, I noticed they called it a Celtic kilt, which is appropriate as they were worn in Ireland as well and there are some Irish tartans around. Scotland is named after the Scotii clan who invaded from Ireland.

The tea party bead might be amusing and perhaps poking a bit of fun at the whole British tea drinking obsession.

I quite like the way TB have taken ideas and icons from literature and made them a bit more generic. A Peter Pan bead is just the figure from the book, whereas a spirit of freedom bead gives lots more scope for the wearer to make the bead mean whatever they want.

Mouseoncheese
Mouseoncheese
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:00 am

Can you find us a Love Spoon Expert Mouseoncheese? I really want to know what the symbols mean and would love one of them to be proved to be inappropriate. I would definitely buy the bead if it was. flower
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseoncheese Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:12 am

Brightonbelle wrote:Can you find us a Love Spoon Expert Mouseoncheese? I really want to know what the symbols mean and would love one of them to be proved to be inappropriate. I would definitely buy the bead if it was. flower

LOL !!!
I don't know any love spoon experts yet, but I bet there are some on this forum, we have a few members from Wales. Of course, there is the German origins of love spoons as well, so the bead might say something charming in Welsh but be very rude in German. I am going to have to get one!
Mouseoncheese
Mouseoncheese
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next