BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Tour UK - pictures added

+80
unicorn1976
mrubin
wilsche
trollshopper
Trollseeker
retiredk9racer
Beadgirl
Katie
GinGer
annateresa
Trollingalong
Anita
Mini Gnome
trollmoll
susan
Beady-Eyed
daisy
Silmaril
SilverBells
Bluesybeads
Pablo
Smaug
liana
snowy
Molamola
Kensington
saracat
Trollperle
Troglodyte
bibi
Tinka
alexis
Freddie
Rainbow
Dorabella
hayheadsbird
kionee
Carla
Wintertroll
Sherry
Anna
rainyday
LindaJo
Trollpetal
cyberfairy
RubyGems
charlibean
Lollipop
Fuzzyfeet
Merlyn
Poison_Ivy
Hodge
GRUMPY
Catsworld
Daisylove
cottinghamgirl
KJanish
Fleur
Mouseoncheese
Joolz
Trollifer
mermaidspurse
Brightonbelle
Juniper
Nkara
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Chewbacca
Pond
lyric_girl
TrollTech
Tracytim
Blairkj
Kirstin
BeadThrilled
LoopyLou
Pandabee(uk)
SnorkMaiden
sakyubc
ahmotheroftwo
angeltroll
84 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

world - World Tour UK - pictures added - Page 5 Empty Re: World Tour UK - pictures added

Post by Hodge Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Hate the glass.... How can they get it so wrong??? The kilt is a nice thing in itself but I'm really not sure how it can function as a bead; Lovespoons looks interesting and I just hope, along with everyone else, that the tea party isn't a mess... But it rather looks as if it may be.... Why didn't they ask for nominations? People's choice?

Hodge
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

world - World Tour UK - pictures added - Page 5 Empty Re: World Tour UK - pictures added

Post by Trollperle Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:14 pm

I must say, I am disappointed, they had so much lore to go by, such beautiful countries that comprise the united kingdom... maybe they do look better in real than on that printout, and the kilt reminds me of that scene in rob roy, when... well, let´s say the kilt was very helpful Wink but still, I had hoped for much better, sigh...
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by saracat Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:18 pm

I am overall disappointed in the beads. The glass does nothing for me and even though I am married to a Scotsman the kilt is also a no from me. The only one I want is the Love spoon as I was born in Wales, the tea party could be a nice bead but I think i will stick with the spoon.

Not that I can afford any this month!
saracat
saracat
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensington Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:20 pm

I love the beads ... I will be getting all the silvers for sure ... I have always loved the story of Alice in Wonderland ... here is a little background info on the history of Alice in Wonderland and likely why it was chosen.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (commonly shortened to Alice in Wonderland) is an 1865 novel written by English author Charles Lutwidge Dodgson under the pseudonym Lewis Carroll. It tells of a girl named Alice who falls down a rabbit hole into a fantasy world (Wonderland) populated by peculiar, anthropomorphic creatures. The tale plays with logic, giving the story lasting popularity with adults as well as children. It is considered to be one of the best examples of the literary nonsense genre and its narrative course and structure have been enormously influential.
Kensington
Kensington
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Molamola Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Well I like the silvers from what I can see so far. It would have been nice to have some Celtic knotwork for the Scottish bead or a Thistle but I like the kilt, it's fun and cheeky. Love Spoons looks intriguing and I will have to get a closer look at the Tea Party nut I am interested in that one too. The glass is weird but it looks like it has been made to fit in with the other WT glass. I bet they look interesting together. I wouldn't have done the Union flag that way myself though.
Molamola
Molamola
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Thanks so much for the pictures ! You´re doing a wonderful job to get all these informations for us Daisy white

I don´t think one of these beads will be my first Worltour bead Crying or Very sad
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Well..........the Kilt looks better than I expected, I'm not sure how it will work on a bracelet but I can't wait to see the Twister wearing it ! Laughing

The glass is as expected, boring ! and when the red turns out to be orange it will be a bit pointless too Sad

The other 2 silvers look promising, I like The Magician so I'm hopeful.

Thanks for getting us the sneak peek ! Very Happy
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyday Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:01 pm

snowy wrote:Thanks so much for the pictures ! You´re doing a wonderful job to get all these informations for us world - World Tour UK - pictures added - Page 5 955995

I don´t think one of these beads will be my first Worltour bead Crying or Very sad

Not ONE has tempted you??? The African Drum is awesome & neutral in design, I would have thought maybe that one....
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by liana Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Thank you for showing these picture....i,m curious how the details look IRL. Mumble
liana
liana
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorabella Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:17 pm

Any bigger pics yet? My eyes aren't what they were! Sheep
Dorabella
Dorabella
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:09 pm

Better pics are expected by monday... when most online retailers will have added the beads to their sites.

For now I got the original hardcopy picture at a larger size... and it looks like the Tea Party indeed depicts at least the March Hare and the Dormouse...
world - World Tour UK - pictures added - Page 5 Photo1-1
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pablo Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks for the view, I like them.
The love-spoon is a charming bead.
Pablo
Pablo
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by lyric_girl Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:18 pm

I'm beginning to think that this will be my second full world tour kit. The glass is slowly growing on me. I should really have the kilt because my father's family were Scots. I'm hopelessly bad!
lyric_girl
lyric_girl
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorabella Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:38 pm

tea party still too fussy to see properly, but lovespoons bead is looking very promising! Like the celtic crosses, very suitable for Cornwall too! Very Happy
Dorabella
Dorabella
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by SnorkMaiden Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:38 pm

The kilt is a class 2 silver? It will be two sizes too small for Mr. Twister! scratch Laughing
SnorkMaiden
SnorkMaiden
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Very Happy I am looking forward to the release and then someone posting photos of all the beads from all sides with details to see, please! Very Happy
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorabella Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:45 pm

SnorkMaiden wrote:The kilt is a class 2 silver? It will be two sizes too small for Mr. Twister! scratch Laughing

perhaps a pearl body and head of some sort?
Dorabella
Dorabella
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBells Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 am

Wow! I love the glass bead and the English Tea Party silver bead! Hurray flower
SilverBells
SilverBells
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by SnorkMaiden Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:16 am

Dorabella wrote:
SnorkMaiden wrote:The kilt is a class 2 silver? It will be two sizes too small for Mr. Twister! scratch Laughing

perhaps a pearl body and head of some sort?

A head of some sort? Idea OK, let's get the princess dressed! Laughing Laughing Laughing
SnorkMaiden
SnorkMaiden
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:43 am

I like the detail on the kilt, but difficult to imagine it on a bracelet, I'll have to see... Glass - no thank you! Absolutely not my colours. And why are the lovespoons such a cubic lump? So far, the teaparty looks like the Magician to me, but I hope that as always, the TB pics don't do the beads any justice! But all in all... a bit dissapointing Neutral !
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:47 am

Thanks for the sneak peek. Not impressed by the glass, very boring, but at least TB has the red,white and blue out of the way so it can't be imposed on other WT countries. Looking forward to seeing the silvers in more detail.
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 am

Why is the designer once listed as Søren Sølvsmed and once as Søren Nielsen? Isn't that one and the same person?
I think he 'went under the name' of Søren Sølvsmed for a while, but now he's listed in the Designer section on TB Universe as Søren Nielsen, but here we have both names.
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:37 am

I spoke with my ld today and she was disappointed in them she is not sure how well they will sale, she said the kilt is very small and the glass bead is not red its orange Rolling Eyes she felt the best bead was the tea party ! oh well each to our own so we will see !!
daisy
daisy
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracytim Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:24 am

I am disappointed too. I was thinking I might actually try to get one of the UK ones, having British ancestry. I really wish they had attempted tartan with the glass bead. I will reserve final judgement until I can see some better pics, though.
Tracytim
Tracytim
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Beady-Eyed Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:46 am

daisy wrote:I spoke with my ld today and she was disappointed in them she is not sure how well they will sale, she said the kilt is very small and the glass bead is not red its orange Rolling Eyes she felt the best bead was the tea party ! oh well each to our own so we will see !!

Why is orange a British national color? Isn't the flag red & blue (with a little white, maybe)? I know the Dutch flag is red, white & blue, but their royal family is the House of Orange and thus the Oranje Boven bead. But where is the orange connection in the UK?
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next