BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Tour UK - pictures added

+80
unicorn1976
mrubin
wilsche
trollshopper
Trollseeker
retiredk9racer
Beadgirl
Katie
GinGer
annateresa
Trollingalong
Anita
Mini Gnome
trollmoll
susan
Beady-Eyed
daisy
Silmaril
SilverBells
Bluesybeads
Pablo
Smaug
liana
snowy
Molamola
Kensington
saracat
Trollperle
Troglodyte
bibi
Tinka
alexis
Freddie
Rainbow
Dorabella
hayheadsbird
kionee
Carla
Wintertroll
Sherry
Anna
rainyday
LindaJo
Trollpetal
cyberfairy
RubyGems
charlibean
Lollipop
Fuzzyfeet
Merlyn
Poison_Ivy
Hodge
GRUMPY
Catsworld
Daisylove
cottinghamgirl
KJanish
Fleur
Mouseoncheese
Joolz
Trollifer
mermaidspurse
Brightonbelle
Juniper
Nkara
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Chewbacca
Pond
lyric_girl
TrollTech
Tracytim
Blairkj
Kirstin
BeadThrilled
LoopyLou
Pandabee(uk)
SnorkMaiden
sakyubc
ahmotheroftwo
angeltroll
84 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

world - World Tour UK - pictures added - Page 6 Empty Re: World Tour UK - pictures added

Post by rainyday Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:25 am

daisy wrote:she said the kilt is very small and the glass bead is not red its orange Rolling Eyes she felt the best bead was the tea party !

If the Kilt is small then I will love it. I'm fond of the small silvers. I think I'll probably only be getting 1, maybe 2 of these.
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

world - World Tour UK - pictures added - Page 6 Empty Re: World Tour UK - pictures added

Post by Troglodyte Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:57 am

I do like the look of the lovespoon bead and agree the kilt will look better smaller
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollifer Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:08 am

I need better pictures. But orange instead of red in the glass bead would be terrible Taz
Trollifer
Trollifer
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by liana Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:32 am

It,s difficult to make beads with really red glass. There.i is not much beautiful colored glass to burn a bead. I make glass beads so i know.
liana
liana
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollifer Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:41 am

But there are some red Trollbeads...
Trollifer
Trollifer
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by liana Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:50 am

I mix colors for a nice red. The red who looks nice is mostly the older beads and what,s in regular collection.The time when they make better quality.
liana
liana
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:03 pm

As I will be in London in May, does anyone of the UK members knwo a good address??

susan
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by saracat Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:24 pm

London is a bit short of decent Trollbead stores but I did visit a lovely little shop just around the corner from Harrods called Wave Jewellery. They didn't have a huge selection but they were helpful. You could always contact them before you arrive to make sure they have what you want. There was also a store in Leavenhall Market but it was closed when i went as it is in the heart of the financial district and closed on a weekend.
saracat
saracat
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:10 pm

TX so much, I will absolutely call them
its easier to buy them at the spot then to get the high postages I presume
Smile

susan
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Poison_Ivy Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:28 pm

SnorkMaiden wrote:
Brightonbelle wrote:
The Kilt does look stupid without a Scotsman wearing it. I would never wear that.

I think I may actually like the kilt... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Laughing

Me too Embarassed and I love that it is drilled that way! Because you can put it on a chain and have a dangling bead and.... Laughing
Poison_Ivy
Poison_Ivy
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

http://eritae80.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pond Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Mr Pond wants me to add the tea party to my (our) collection and I must get the kilt. I'll pretend it is made in the Gregor tartan Laughing
Pond
Pond
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Joolz Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:09 pm

susan wrote:As I will be in London in May, does anyone of the UK members knwo a good address??

Hi Susan, I live in London cat There aren't many TB dealers in London and what we do have only have a very small amount of stock. Peter Burrows 236 Edgeware road quite near to Edgeware road tube station...phone no is 0207 723 6073 is the best one I've found in central London cat
Joolz
Joolz
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:15 pm

I guess I'm a little disappointed but I'm sure I'll get at least one, maybe the love spoons. Was hoping for something like a thistle. It may be a little pedestrian but it would be symbolic and versatile. I do wish they would let a native designer do the country collections, like they did for the kimono and China beads. So far the South Africa collection is my favorite, albeit the most expensive. It captured the spirit of the country best, IMO.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:22 pm

mermaidspurse wrote:Why is the designer once listed as Søren Sølvsmed and once as Søren Nielsen? Isn't that one and the same person?
I think he 'went under the name' of Søren Sølvsmed for a while, but now he's listed in the Designer section on TB Universe as Søren Nielsen, but here we have both names.

Completely agree MMP - I noticed that one too.

I am one of those who thinks they will love the kilt, especially if it is tiny. I "have" to get it anyway because of my Hubby.

All this detective work - so great - thank you everyone. I will reserve judgement until I see them all IRL! Very Happy
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Have you noticed HOW MANY VIEWS this threat has had? 2820 as I write!!!

There are a lot of lurkers out there - come on in!
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Beady-Eyed wrote:
Why is orange a British national color? Isn't the flag red & blue (with a little white, maybe)? I know the Dutch flag is red, white & blue, but their royal family is the House of Orange and thus the Oranje Boven bead. But where is the orange connection in the UK?
Orange is of course NOT the national colour of the UK, but I think what might have happened is the same as with the Tricolore bead of the Italian kit: The red just didn't turn out red but orange!
We haven't seen one IRL yet, so let's wait, but I'm sure they didn't make it orange deliberately!
(And if so, I don't understand why they're not able to make it right as they can do real red beads Rolling Eyes ?)
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:02 pm

we all hope to see more pics... haha

susan
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Joolz wrote:
susan wrote:As I will be in London in May, does anyone of the UK members knwo a good address??

Hi Susan, I live in London cat There aren't many TB dealers in London and what we do have only have a very small amount of stock. Peter Burrows 236 Edgeware road quite near to Edgeware road tube station...phone no is 0207 723 6073 is the best one I've found in central London cat

ok super thanks!

susan
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Gnome Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:15 pm

Wow,thank you so much for posting the pictures and all the information! Can't wait to see them next week!!
Mini Gnome
Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Disappointing. Is this really the best they can do for the UK? Even worse are we that boring? Shocked
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollingalong Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:16 pm

I seem to reserve my opinions of all the WT beads until I see fellow members use them in combinations....that is the only way I can really see if they are fabulous or merely pedestrian.....Thank you everyone for letting us all see how they look best! Smile
Trollingalong
Trollingalong
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollTech Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:35 pm

My thought about the red / orange situation... Why not use the rich raspberry as red? That glass would look RED next the blue and would not look orange. And I am just tired of stripes! I am so sad about the lack of creativity in the glass.
TrollTech
TrollTech
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://plsweb.com/Academic-Programs/PLS-Instructors/Gretchen-Rip

Back to top Go down

Post by annateresa Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Great to see the photos altough I prefer seeing them on a bracelet. I just return from Euro Disney where I have seen Mad Hatter so that would be a great bead to remember this great weekend with my boys.

annateresa
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by charlibean Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:49 pm

Still think they are disappointing. I really dislike the glass. It signifies nothing at all about the UK

charlibean
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyday Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:31 am

Does anyone know which country is next after UK??? (I'm not over-eager or anything, lol.)
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next