BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours!

+25
DblJJ
Beady-Eyed
stacecase
Freki
splinty
reltan
plumbun
Arwen
vicky_jb
chestersnickers
mandyjw
liana
Madelonnetje
retiredk9racer
Cloverbead
Wildthing
Fuzzyfeet
Tinka
saracat
Nkara
Trollsister
ceruleanbluebird
kyhalfpt
Pandabee(uk)
Yohanna
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Empty I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours!

Post by Yohanna Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:14 am

I know we all get caught up with the latest ooaks or new releases or sought after retireds. If you have a picture of your first completed bracelet, show it here. I think it'll be great to see. When I first started collecting, I loved the orange/yellow/brown beads and the huge silvers. I still love them, but I think my tastes have changed.
I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Pictur35
Yohanna
Yohanna
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Empty Re: I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours!

Post by Yohanna Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:24 am

By the way, I still have all of these beads...
Yohanna
Yohanna
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Empty Re: I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours!

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:45 am

That is just stunning.

I'm not sure if I kept a photo of mine, but it was shocking.

I'll have a look...
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:06 am

affraid   Peeking through my fingers.

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Mine_f10

This was spring/summer 2009. It took me ages to fill a bracelet (from October the previous year). But I think the mistake was buying one more bead, once the bracelet was full.

Last edited by Pandabee(uk) on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:52 am

You guys did great!!  Mine is truly terrible.  This is a recreation of my first completed bracelet--the base bracelet was actually a plain silver chain with lobster claw clasp that I gave away.  I also had a silver squirrel bead that I gave to my mother...here goes:
I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Bf4c0fc9-437c-4370-a5c9-7dd2dc0a3232]

All colored beads are artisan glass or polymer clay.  Needless to say few of these except the silvers come out to play very often.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:31 am

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! P7280211

July 2011
There is one artisan bead that I still have, but don't wear because the silver is not one piece and glass is exposed in the middle. I also have all the beads. The Troll with Big Feet was my first "expensive" bead and the WT wolf was a splurge due to the weak dollar. I also found good PJs overseas at the time.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:42 am

Great thread, I love seeing everyone's first combos and think they are all quite stunning and insightful. Here is mine, it is still intact but has been tweaked a bit since I took this picture. My Napa bracelet:
I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Tbcomb10
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Nkara Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:37 am

I got this bracelet for my 30th birthday and that's where it all started Very Happy

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! IMG_3342
Nkara
Nkara
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by saracat Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:33 am

Oh the shame......I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! 2266_66371485930_2317_n

I just bought what I liked with no thought about themes or colours!
saracat
saracat
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinka Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:14 am

After collecting for half a year I came up with this one, in Oct. 2007

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! 2okt2007001_zps9ec9ad8c

I think it's not to bad? Shocked  But the picure is of bad quality. Over the years I collected all the chakra's, and sold them again, and I also sold the seagrass. All the others are still in my beadbox.
Tinka
Tinka
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:01 am

Here we go ................

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! 00001-3

I still love green and purple Rolling Eyes 
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:06 am

Mine sunny 

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Mybeads003
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Yohanna Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:18 am

This is really facsinating seeing everyones first bracelets. I love them! It's funny how our tastes change over the years of collecting. I really went for the big silvers when I started, now I tend to use smaller silvers most of the time. Who would have thought orange would become so popular???

Keep the pics coming.
Yohanna
Yohanna
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinka Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:31 am

I think we all had a pretty good taste from the beginning, after all we choose for Trollbeads Laughing . Remember, there was not as much to choose from , the TB collection has grown as has the amount of ooaks and limited editions. And our first bracelet had to go with as much as different outfits as possible. I love to look at all of your silverchoices.
Tinka
Tinka
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:44 am

These are all great and show why we got into troll in the first place. I will hunt for a picture of mine later Smile
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:05 pm

I went back through my pictures and found this:

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! DSC03909_zps6d6463ff

Embarrassingly enough, I think it only took a couple of weeks (and many return trips to the shop for just one more bead) to finish.  Then I discovered a small shop that had decided to discontinue TB and I ended up buying most of her inventory - thankfully she had traded a number of her beads back to the rep for some golds for her personal collection, so her inventory wasn't that large Embarassed
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Madelonnetje Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:50 pm

Well my very, very first bracelet would only contain the Lucky dragon...I started collecting in 2007 so I was only 15 years old and I got my first bracelet for my birthday. Two years later it looked like this:

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Img_2330

At first I wasn't as addicted to trollbeads as I am now and had no idea about retireds and limited editions. ( If I had known what I know now...) Here's another old photo of my bracelet.

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Img_0854

Old old photo, I took it to sell the desert. Those were the only beads I had at the time so I all popped them on my bracelet....All these beads together I think I bought them during the first 3-4 years of collecting.
Madelonnetje
Madelonnetje
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:47 pm

This is a picture of my early bracelet Smile  My first beads were olive scallops, olive braid and ying yang on a starter bracelet. On the same holiday in Copenhagen I found an OAF, so those were my first 4. I soon added that Twisted Evil

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Spring-bracelet
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by liana Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:54 pm

My first bracelet.

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Trollbeads002
liana
liana
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Madelonnetje Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Cloverbead wrote:This is a picture of my early bracelet Smile  My first beads were olive scallops, olive braid and ying yang on a starter bracelet. On the same holiday in Copenhagen I found an OAF, so those were my first 4.  I soon added that Twisted Evil

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Spring-bracelet
I don't know what it is, but I love the green bead on the right! Very Happy Very pretty beads
Madelonnetje
Madelonnetje
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by mandyjw Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Fun thread! I'll have to see if I can even find a picture, mine is pretty embarrassing since all the glass are some of the first beads I made, back when I thought I had to shape all the beads I made to death. lol!
mandyjw
mandyjw
Glass Artist

http://www.lionspawjewelry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chestersnickers Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Ignorance is bliss. My first encounter with Trollbeads was the Anniversary bracelet ,so for me it was love at first sight and a complete ,special bracelet ,without knowing anything about TB.
I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Annive17
Since then....I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! T3909
chestersnickers
chestersnickers
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Yohanna Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:46 pm

chestersnickers wrote:Ignorance is bliss. My first encounter with Trollbeads was the Anniversary bracelet ,so for me it was love at first sight and a complete ,special bracelet ,without knowing anything about TB.
I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! Annive17
Since then....I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! T3909
Wow, Chestersnickers. That was brave! Good job you continued to love them.
Yohanna
Yohanna
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky_jb Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:49 pm

I started collecting in 2007. My first bracelet was completed in 2008, I think.

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! 20080810

I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! 20081010

Shortly after taking these pictures, I sold the multicolored Trollstone and the Babytroll...
vicky_jb
vicky_jb
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

https://www.facebook.com/vbehr http://skinnycupcake.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Arwen Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:06 pm

So interesting to see all those first bracelets sunny 

I started with Pandora, discovered TB shortly afterwards while browsing the net and got my first TB bracelet shortly before Christmas 2007.
Thus my first TB bracelet still shows Pandora glass and silvers.
I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! First_18

And that's the first full bracelet, took me half a year:
I dare you, show your first ever bracelet,I've shown mine, now you show me yours! First_19

I still have the lock and all the TB silvers as well as milky way and silver mountain.
Pandora has long been sold and also the OOAK and Baby troll are gone
Arwen
Arwen
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next