BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TBs for the young market?

+14
mermaidspurse
retiredk9racer
LoopyLou
ahmotheroftwo
purpletibet
ceruleanbluebird
Anita
snowy
Tee
soxfan
Rainbow
Brightonbelle
kitsunegrl
beadiack
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TBs for the young market? Empty TBs for the young market?

Post by beadiack Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Trollbead Gallery is reporting some new developments for US retailers. Frankly, I had no idea what the "rollercoaster" thing she was talking about was after reading her entry. Might not have been any more than trying to whip up some enthusiasm with some overblown writing... The simple concepts I got were that TB had tapped the Oprah marketing juggernaut -- which we knew -- and that they were looking to develop a younger consumer base.

Makes sense that they would want a clientele that would extend their buying pattern into the future. I've always felt TBs have a "young" feeling and one that can cross genders too. But, crikeys!, do they think young people (I mean average young people not the Paris Hiltons) can spend $30 for a single bead/charm or $100 for a start up bracelet? If that's the market they're going for they should re-think escalating prices.

What do you think?

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

TBs for the young market? Empty Re: TBs for the young market?

Post by kitsunegrl Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:00 pm

^I think that if a few younger celeb types are spotted wearing TBs, the younger crowd will flock to it. And the parents will pay...I can remember when EVERYBODY had to have the Louis Vuitton pochette and there were girls as young as 13 with them!
I was in my 30s (then) and was still saving to get my first LV item! Suspect

Also TB is the type of thing we & kids can ask for birthdays, holidays, good grades, etc.
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Some kids earn but live at home without having to pay any of the wages to their parents. That gives them a pretty good disposable income.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:24 pm

my youngest lucy loves trollbeads and will happily use her own money to buy special beads xx her biggest buy was the fairy x
TBs for the young market? Lucyc4
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:25 pm

That is so lovely.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Oh dear! I guess I'm the "bad" mom who held the line on these things. None of my kids had a cell phone or a car until they went to college. And I would never have given my girls anything so expensive as Louis Vuitton or TB.

Of course, I never encouraged them to work in any demanding/remunerative way and be distracted from school until they had graduated either. So my kids were SOOL for such luxuries.

I have given the girls TB bracelets at this point but then they're 30 and 33 now. (Oh god! Did I just say that I'm that old?) They're getting beads for Christmas too. ... but don't anybody tell them. Wink

Last edited by beadiack on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:26 pm

So pretty and feminine, Rainbow. She's a lucky girl to have one of the "good" moms! Wink ::said the meanie::

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:36 pm

i must add she pays for them or they are xmas birthday gifts!!lol she uses her £10 a month pocket money which she has to earn by hoovering etc x She is 11 x My eldest has one too but does not really bother x
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Beadiack-
You are not a mean mom at all! You just had certain boundaries; my parents were the same. It didn't matter how much I screamed, pouted, etc...if I wanted certain things, I saved my allowance.
Sony Walkman (dating myself), Calvin Klein or Guess jeans, cassettes of evil music. sunny

When I see how parents try to be friends instead of parents, I wonder what the future will be like. I think we are seeing some consequences now in society. But that is a whole 'nother topic!
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:11 pm

my daughter is obsessed with troll beads. My husband won't let me buy her any. Laughing
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Rainbow wrote:i must add she pays for them or they are xmas birthday gifts!!lol she uses her £10 a month pocket money which she has to earn by hoovering etc x She is 11 x My eldest has one too but does not really bother x

is hoovering vaccuming?
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:25 pm

yes xxx
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:26 pm

she hoovers ,polishes,washes up dishes etc xx not all the time but when I ask xxxxx trying to make sure my daughtres grow up knowing how to do things!!lol
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:38 pm

my kids are the laziest children on the planet.
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:42 pm

I have infected my daughter, daughter-in-law and son's girlfriend with the virus! I buy them beads for birthdays and Xmas. It is lovely when we all wear our bracelets, mind you I have been known to spot some of my beads on my daughter's bracelet. She knows where my stash is hidden! Very Happy

Tee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:46 pm

Astrid can teach ld's about the beads! (Not workerB, but other ld's around) she knows more than them. Laughing
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:18 am

Tee wrote:I have infected my daughter, daughter-in-law and son's girlfriend with the virus! I buy them beads for birthdays and Xmas. It is lovely when we all wear our bracelets, mind you I have been known to spot some of my beads on my daughter's bracelet. She knows where my stash is hidden! Very Happy

Ouch! There's a reason to introduce them slowly and judiciously. Wink

Living in a large city, I also didn't want my kids to be targets because of some stoopid thing that someone else could want enough to lose their sense of appropriate civilized behavior.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:03 pm

I´d say that most kids want whatever is popular and will be recognized by others. That´s why most young girls wear Pandora or Chamilia.
Those brands are also easy to get and when you ask for gifts most people will be able to buy these.
Have you ever tried to ask other people than your family for Trollbeads as a gift ? Most will tell you that they couldn´t find them.

Last edited by snowy on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:58 pm

so true snowy!! lots of lucys friends wear the cheaper versions from dorothy perkins etc but there is no where near us that they can buy them x
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:11 pm

My daughter is 17 and I've been buying her Trollbeads for special occasions, birthdays and Christmas for around three years. Several of her friends have them too.
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:04 pm

My daughter is 8. I started to seriously collect about 5 months ago. Keeping her in mind as the inheritor, I kept pushing the catalog towards her and having her create wish lists. Her number one choice: Gold Wisdom, no less!

My six-y-o son also digs TBs. I was wondering if I should get him into that, but be a little more conservative. I am in the schools, so I keep my eye out on what boys wear. Currently, I am in the middle school (grades 6-Cool. I am seeing gold chains and braided cloth necklaces on some of them. No TBs.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by purpletibet Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:30 am

I have seen younger girls wear TB. The one instance was a mom and her 2 daughters. They all had TB bracelets and all had the drop beads (fairy, FMN with bud, etc.) The mom was obviously a rich one, but the bracelets looked amazing on the small wrist. These days, cham and P bracelets are on younger wrists....and sometimes it sickens me:(
purpletibet
purpletibet
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmotheroftwo Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:40 am

My daughter started off with TBs about three years ago. She is now 12. Here is an old picture of her- with her very first TB, the kitten. Now she has two full bracelets and around 35 beads of her own!
TBs for the young market? Daughterof2
ahmotheroftwo
ahmotheroftwo
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopyLou Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:23 pm

Most of you probably know, my little minx has quite a modest collection already.

I would never have considered her owning such pricey jewellery.

When she first showed an interest in my beads, I bought her the naff eBay, 20 for £2 type beads (2 lots), and a £2 bracelet, thinking any breakages or losses would be easy to stomach on a £6 spend, than if I bought her proper troll. But to my surprise, she was so loving and careful with every bead, she had a unused gift box, where she housed the beads, each one in it's own trollbead pouch of mine, and she loved to line them up to make combos.
So when she was gifted a genuine Trollbead of her own last year (she was still just 4 years old), I thought "why not" and lent her my spare lock and chain, and offered her use of some of my beads (but not rares, retired and specials), then if we went shopping, I bought her one of the reduced old style ooaks for her collection, and of course, some wonderful trollfairys have also made her collection swell. She now has one chain, one red leather bracelet, two locks and 60+ beads, and so many more artisans too, all of which she still treats so carefully, she has a leather TB pouch to house some beads, a pretty TB satin wrap where she keeps her two made up bracelets (and some copycats) and then she has some space in my beadbox.
With the convention coming up on Sunday, she has been picking and choosing her beads already .... where as I will only choose last thing on Sunday morning Laughing

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Oh LL, that is so sweet. Lottie is only 5? Somehow, I thought she was a bit older. She is just so adorable, I would love to meet her IRL. I can't wait to hear about her adventures Sunday...please take loads of pics so we can feel like we were there too!!
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next