BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About trolls, dragons and other mythical creations...

+6
LindaJo
beadiack
harmony
trollmoll
blong
BeadThrilled
10 posters

Go down

About trolls, dragons and other mythical creations... Empty About trolls, dragons and other mythical creations...

Post by BeadThrilled Mon May 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Trollbeads were the first to launch the concept of bead charms. Many brands have followed since then and for example Pandora even grew bigger because of their large marketing campaigns.
But to the true collector hardly anything else could meet Trollbeads' distinctive designs...

Some of Trollbeads' best designs...About trolls, dragons and other mythical creations... P1060819-1

Which other beads are very Trollbeads? Show your Trollbeads design!
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

About trolls, dragons and other mythical creations... Empty Re: About trolls, dragons and other mythical creations...

Post by blong Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Love the tupilak and rolling troll! Would love to add them to my collection. I don't have anything particularly trollish yet, All japanese and beach inspired so far...need to take pics!

blong
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

About trolls, dragons and other mythical creations... Empty Re: About trolls, dragons and other mythical creations...

Post by trollmoll Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Some of Redbalifrog's designs are quite distinctive. They are like Southeast-Asian inspired Trollbeads.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by harmony Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:49 pm

I love my angel/devil.
harmony
harmony
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:08 am

I really like TBs best but I agree that RedBali Frog beads are gorgeous too. In fact, I just tried to buy a few from the Australian site but ran into a currency glitch thru PayPal. Don't know why that happens when I try to buy from Britain and Australia but never Hong Kong...

Anyway, besides TBs and RBF I think Ohm beads are great. There's an entirely different mood to them. They're much more playful but I like that.

I recently added the Ohm mermaid to an ocean-themed bracelet that's 85% TBs. I much prefer her to the TB mermaid. She's much more shiny silver tho so I plan to user the egg trick I recently read about somewhere else on BeadThrilled to darken her up and bring out her details so she can play nicer with my TBs. Wink

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:23 am

beadiack wrote:I recently added the Ohm mermaid to an ocean-themed bracelet that's 85% TBs. I much prefer her to the TB mermaid.
That's interesting, I much prefer the TB mermaid to any other brand's! To me, most of the mermaid beads are so flamboyantly busty they look more like figureheads for ships in some Playboy cartoon.
But they do tend to be more whimsical.

There are many Ohm beads I like, in fact I have a few on order, but some are just too cutesy for my tastes.

The most Trollish TBs to me are the ones with multiple faces overlapping each other, and the characters with sly grins. But that's my reaction because of Pandora and the other bling-bling and cutesy brands---the faces and characters are what set TB apart at first glance. The mothership and TB collectors from way back may see things differently, and characterize TB by the simple elegance of some of their design beads.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:46 am

I just love the TB Silver, much more than all the glass beads, Tupilaks, Sansibar, all the flowery beads, the trolls..I am not so keen on the modern TB silver like water bead..
I tried RBF, Maneki Neko the cat ... however.. there is nothing as good as TB ... with glass I think there are many nice artisan beads, I like them as long as they are not huge beads..
I had a P----- Bracelet filled with Silver...never wore that bracelet very often and have sold it.

You can look 100x at a TB Silver bead and you will always see anything that you have not noticed before,
I REALLY LOVE THE TB SILVER!

Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:17 am

LindaJo wrote:

That's interesting, I much prefer the TB mermaid to any other brand's! To me, most of the mermaid beads are so flamboyantly busty they look more like figureheads for ships in some Playboy cartoon.
But they do tend to be more whimsical.

Will have to check and see if she's a triple D. In any case, she's the one for me. Wink

Edited to add: Oh yeah! She's pneumatic alright! But then she's turned in such a way that she's only got one boob so maybe her triple D averages out at a D.5 Laughing .

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by trollglass Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:51 am

For me it's -
P.... Glitzy "bling" definately not for me.
Redbali Frog - some very nice, some Asian "cute".
Bower - sensitive depictions but all smallish.
Troll - subtle and individual with that Danish simplicity 10 out of 10 for silver. There are some artisan glass beads I like - but not those with shiny large cores.
trollglass
trollglass
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by vampbutterfly Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:32 pm

I love my naughty dragon, I wear him everyday, I am wanting the tupilak mouth, cannot seem to find him, I think that is another really trollish bead.

Assimilate unrelated question, what is this?...LOL!
vampbutterfly
vampbutterfly
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:56 pm

vampbutterfly wrote:I love my naughty dragon, I wear him everyday, I am wanting the tupilak mouth, cannot seem to find him, I think that is another really trollish bead.

Assimilate unrelated question, what is this?...LOL!
Tulipak mouth is still rather easy to find and a retail price. I just got a second one, for free actually Wink from my LD. It was an old one and unstamped... Very Happy

Those little guys are "assimilating" very recognizable Rolling Eyes for those who've seen Star Trek Enterprise and especially episodes with the "Borg".
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vampbutterfly Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:48 pm

LOL!!! of course they are borgs. I think they are rather cute and funny at the same time...Point me toward any tupilak mouths at retail price... Very Happy
vampbutterfly
vampbutterfly
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down