BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing with the new FN

+4
Catsworld
bubbagump
Cloverbead
kyhalfpt
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Playing with the new FN Empty Playing with the new FN

Post by kyhalfpt Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:50 pm

I was not planning to buy the new FN, but then I started playing with it at my LD and ended up bringing it home.  I played around a bit this morning--not the best photos.

Playing with the new FN C7efe12c-4197-4b0b-b7d8-8ec82da01638

Playing with the new FN 8FEBA112-046F-4345-8D06-7DEAE9406CFF

Playing with the new FN FB18BD6C-F328-4F74-AA19-96FFA8157ED2

Playing with the new FN 85CF0283-E0C8-4B19-93E4-EB2A7505E588

Playing with the new FN 03C37DAA-80FC-4D0E-959A-2C43ECA14C79

Anyone else get one and had time to play around with it?
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Playing with the new FN Empty Re: Playing with the new FN

Post by Cloverbead Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:13 pm

I got the Beautyberries pendant and have ordered an artisan chain (same style as TB), so will be playing soon Smile

I like the way you can use any lock with it
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:22 pm

Cloverbead wrote:I got the Beautyberries pendant and have ordered an artisan chain (same style as TB), so will be playing soon Smile

I like the way you can use any lock with it

I thought it was very versatile.  I am going to have my jeweler convert one of my other TB FN that I don't wear to be like this one but shorter.  

What artisan chain did you get?
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:40 pm

can you show me what the new fantasy necklace looks like with nothing on it or send a link with a stock photo? i'm asking because i have a pendant i want to add to a plain troll style fantasy necklace. and i am wondering if the new plain fantasy necklace would work. i can't seem to find the right troll style type of chain to purchase on it's own to make my own, so for now, i use a tiny baby ball chain, but it moves around. and i want one in the same style link as trolls. thanks for the help. love your new blue drop. i'm not up to speed on all the new names of trolls fall 2015 collection. so i can't call it by name. but it's pretty, and the decorative silver clasp like feature is very nice. years ago, i wished troll had done this, so it's nice that they finally took the plunge. i'm sure they will be good sellers.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:41 pm

is it like the third picture? if so, i could have a jeweler add my pendant to the soldered jump ring by opening it up and re soldering it.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:49 pm

bubbagump wrote:is it like the third picture?  if so, i could have a jeweler add my pendant to the soldered jump ring by opening it up and re soldering it.  

Yes - it just has a jump ring at the end. Anything can be added to it that has a latch or you could definitely have your jeweler add it. I can take a photo if you need one.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:29 pm

perfect thanks so much for the help. no pics necessary. i envision it like this: the tiny links (one on each side) from the fantasy necklace are attached to the larger jump ring? correct?
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:30 pm

if i could find the chain, we could all make our own at a fraction of the cost.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:30 pm

but then it would not be authentic troll to those that, that is important to.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:38 pm

oh Kyhalfpt, this is now going to kill me..... Very Happy Twisted Evil your necklaces are really made to kill!
So far I managed to stay clear of the new FN and the pendants, now I want one too...
Can you tell me which length you choose?
Maybe I can have one of my normal FN's altered.....
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:07 am

bubbagump wrote:perfect thanks so much for the help.  no pics necessary.  i envision it like this:  the tiny links (one on each side) from the fantasy necklace are attached to the larger jump ring?  correct?  

Yes
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:09 am

bubbagump wrote:if i could find the chain, we could all make our own at a fraction of the cost.  

True. I have two artisan FN and neither lays as well with beads on it as my TB.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:17 am

Catsworld wrote:oh Kyhalfpt, this is now going to kill me..... Very Happy Twisted Evil your necklaces are really made to kill!
So far I managed to stay clear of the new FN and the pendants, now I want one too...
Can you tell me which length you choose?
Maybe I can have one of my normal FN's altered.....

Mine is the 100 cm. I really didn't intend to buy it, was planning on altering one of mine, but somehow HAD to have it yesterday.... I'm taking one of my other fN to my jeweler this week to modify like this but in a shorter length so I can wear it single without a splitter. The green pendant had a much smaller ball-- so didn't appeal to me at all. I'm not sure if that is the norm or if my LD just got a little one. She only got one of each pendant.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:25 am

I bought a brown pearl fantasy necklace from an etsy shop. although the brown pearl was stunning, the jump ring did not fit properly through the two small links from the chain, so the pearl pendant never sat correctly. so i removed the jump ring and replaced it with a smaller one and soldered it. after that, it was perfect. there is a woman in germany who makes beautiful fantasy necklaces. i bought an amber fantasy necklace form her, and her work is perfect. the necklaces lay perfectly. it's the same exact chain as troll uses and the jump ring has to move freely through the two small necklace links. i'm going to post a video on beadthrilled on how to use any small link necklace chain to create a fantasy necklace. it's easy, but the only problem is, they do tend to move around a bit and become off center while wearing them. but you can use any plain style necklace you have as long as the links are small. the reason they move around a bit is because the ends have a jump ring and spring ring or lobster claw clasp on each end. so they never stay perfectly centered and you end up having to adjust them throughout the day.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:43 am

bubbagump wrote:I bought a brown pearl fantasy necklace from an etsy shop.  although the brown pearl was stunning, the jump ring did not fit properly through the two small links from the chain, so the pearl pendant never sat correctly.  so i removed the jump ring and replaced it with a smaller one and soldered it.  after that, it was perfect.  there is a woman in germany who makes beautiful fantasy necklaces.  i bought an amber fantasy necklace form her, and her work is perfect.  the necklaces lay perfectly.  it's the same exact chain as troll uses and the jump ring has to move freely through the two small necklace links.  i'm going to post a video on  beadthrilled on how to use any small link necklace chain to create a fantasy necklace.  it's easy, but the only problem is, they do tend to move around a bit and become off center while wearing them.  but you can use any plain style necklace you have as long as the links are small.  the reason they move around a bit is because the ends have a jump ring and spring ring or lobster claw clasp on each end.  so they never stay perfectly centered and you end up having to adjust them throughout the day.  

Exactly the issue with my 2 non- troll FN the chain is thinner and it moves around a lot...so I do t wear them much. I'll definitely check out your video when you post it.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:22 am

Great pics - TFS!
I am planning to get on eventually one day (as its not as prominent as the foxtail necklace)  Wink
Especially like the second combo with the tree trunk and the owl.
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:43 am

Thanks Kyhalfpt, unfortunately I don't have the 100cm, still, I will have altered one of my 90cm ones, I am not willing to pay that much for a very simple chain, at the moment I am very very careful how to spend my money. Twisted Evil Very Happy Two cents
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:55 pm

I bought one from a nice German trollie. I had the clasp removed, so it just has the little ring. Will add a picture when I have time.

I had a 140cm one made, so I can double it and it sits same length as 70cm. Much cheaper than the TB one, £100 for 100cm of chain is very expensive.

http://en.dawanda.com/product/69600243-925er-silber-fantasykette-mit-spezial-karabiner

Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Cloverbead wrote:I bought one from a nice German trollie.  I had the clasp removed, so it just has the little ring.  Will add a picture when I have time.

I had a 140cm one made, so I can double it and it sits same length as 70cm.  Much cheaper than the TB one, £100 for 100cm of chain is very expensive.

http://en.dawanda.com/product/69600243-925er-silber-fantasykette-mit-spezial-karabiner

Thank you Cloverbead. This is the same person I bought my amber Fantasy Necklace from. I will be buying her plain chain for certain now. Thanks for the help and for saving me a significant amount of money.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:02 pm

My artisan chain Smile

Playing with the new FN Fantasy1_zpsuhyyxevd

Playing with the new FN Fantasy2_zpsj8xuvtbt

Last edited by Cloverbead on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:03 pm

The artisan is away at the moment, so there might be a short delay if you order now.
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:47 am

Catsworld wrote:Thanks Kyhalfpt, unfortunately I don't have the 100cm, still, I will have altered one of my 90cm ones, I am not willing to pay that much for a very simple chain, at the moment I am very very careful how to spend my money. Twisted Evil Very Happy Two cents

I think the 90 cm will be fine to alter.  I agree that the TB version is too expensive.  My LD has a "rewards" program that gives me store credit after I spend a certain amount and I got a small raise last week--so my splurge seemed justified on Saturday Very Happy
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:51 am

Cloverbead wrote:I bought one from a nice German trollie.  I had the clasp removed, so it just has the little ring.  Will add a picture when I have time.

I had a 140cm one made, so I can double it and it sits same length as 70cm.  Much cheaper than the TB one, £100 for 100cm of chain is very expensive.

The chain looks just like the TB version in the photo--definitely a better deal and looks like it works exactly the same. Thanks for the photos!
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by alice87 Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:28 pm

Thank you for the link. Do you know if she ships to US?
alice87
alice87
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Beautiful designs!
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down