BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faerybeads Autumn 2014 Sneak Peek

+40
Tuesday's Child
KimboPL
niceday
LindaJo
kitsunegrl
flowertroll
melmelmel56
Mabel
Reive
Chuck
hayseed
Fleur
BeckyH
saracat
Catsworld
Smaug
vampbutterfly
mdellanno
Kimberly Campbell
Fairy3
harmony
PansyCat
DblJJ
ceruleanbluebird
Fera
trollcat
fairytroll
Fuzzyfeet
minty
Cloverbead
reltan
Trollperle
Gail201
Faerybeads
Anita
Kathleen
strike
splinty
Pandabee(uk)
BeadThrilled
44 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Faerybeads Autumn 2014 Sneak Peek - Page 3 Empty Re: Faerybeads Autumn 2014 Sneak Peek

Post by Catsworld Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:13 pm

ah Trollperle, you don't know how much I am wishing for the Ravens, I am not so good in waiting... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I can rant and rave and dance like Rumpelstiltz, there simply aren't any of them Sad Sad Sad Sad Flying Dragon
I know where they are....flown away... searching for that man in the moon .... lol!
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Faerybeads Autumn 2014 Sneak Peek - Page 3 Empty Re: Faerybeads Autumn 2014 Sneak Peek

Post by Trollperle Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Mabel wrote:Long wait is not a problem - but does preorder mean you have to pay weeks and weeks in advance?

Yes, Mabel, that is what it means, but in the case of Faerybeads I do not mind. They are good for it and it means that as soon as it hatches, it will come to me, no missed opportunities, no uncertainty.

Catsworld wrote:ah Trollperle, you don't know how much I am wishing for the Ravens, I am not so good in waiting... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I can rant and rave and dance like Rumpelstiltz, there simply aren't any of them Sad Sad Sad Sad Flying Dragon
I know where they are....flown away... searching for that man in the moon .... lol!

That is so possible, you know! The moon is magic and ravens are magical creatures Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Mabel Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:30 pm

well, I Do mind as they are of high quality and therefor priced in higher categories - which is more than ok. But if the bank works with my money they honor that in one way or the other.....
Mabel
Mabel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Mabel.... may I join your bank too? mine doesn't honour anything, I am just waiting for them to ask a fee that I am allowed to deposit there... Very Happy
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Well with 0,5 % interest rates for let´s say 2 months of waiting that would come to an interest of 7 cents (if I calculate 89,- Euros x 0,5/100 / 12 months x 2 months - I hope I did that right Embarassed ) probably a bit more due to shipping but still probably under 10 cents. For me that is o.k. - I would not do it as a rule and not for just any company. But FB is special and dear to me and since I think that Sita is still only (if at that) breaking even with costs and income of FB I see it as helping a friend create something I really love and could not get otherwise. So for me this is a win-win situation Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:00 pm

I used to get interest on my normal bank account - well not much, 0.5% - but since the ECB lowerd their interest rate to almost negative... my bank did that too and I get only 0.2% interest... Evil or Very Mad well hey, better than nothing I guess but still would take a lifetime to save up for a faerybead Razz
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by PansyCat Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Catsworld wrote:Mabel.... may I join your bank too? mine doesn't honour anything, I am just waiting for them to ask a fee that I am allowed to deposit there... Very Happy

Cracking up here in Pittsburgh
PansyCat
PansyCat
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by melmelmel56 Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Pandabee I know the Black Rabbit Pub well; Arundel is one of my all time favourite places to visit as I grew up in West Sussex!
melmelmel56
melmelmel56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by flowertroll Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Wow Shocked Shocked Shocked

I love the moon and I love dragons, so this seems like a perfect release  Very Happy
The moon is wonderful, it looks like the moon bead I've always waited for and never found.

I suppose it's a good thing that there will be some x-mas money coming soon  Wink
flowertroll
flowertroll
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:34 pm

Trollperle wrote:Well with 0,5 % interest rates for let´s say 2 months of waiting that would come to an interest of 7 cents (if I calculate 89,- Euros x 0,5/100 / 12 months x 2 months - I hope I did that right  Embarassed ) probably a bit more due to shipping but still probably under 10 cents. For me that is o.k. - I would not do it as a rule and not for just any company. But FB is special and dear to me and since I think that Sita is still only (if at that) breaking even with costs and income of FB I see it as helping a friend create something I really love and could not get otherwise. So for me this is a win-win situation Smile
I love you Thank you! You've summarized it up rather well.
If for the money and free time I'd better get my old job back.  Laughing

Mabel wrote:well, I Do mind as they are of high quality and therefor priced in higher categories - which is more than ok. But if the bank works with my money they honor that in one way or the other.....

The philosophy behind Faerybeads next to creating special -less commercial- designs is to offer responsibly produced jewelry. This means a significantly higher cost of specialized (Western) labor, strict safety, health and working conditions, efficient usage of fairtrade/eco/recycled/conflictfree raw materials and minimum environmental impact.

Pre-ordering works both ways. You'll be certain you'll have the designs you want as soon as they are available and to us it means we can better assign work and raw material for new designs with all other designs that we do.

But very happy you all like the new designs!
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:44 am

Sculptor Credit Card Bunny dance
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:28 am

I would happily pre order the Hares, Holly King and Ravens as well as the Moon Bead I have already pre ordered. I would only do this with Faerybeads and not anyone else.
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:54 pm

The hares bead is gorgeous.
I am committed to one bead a year, only Faerybeads,and my choice is getting harder!
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by PansyCat Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:16 pm

'The philosophy behind Faerybeads next to creating special -less commercial- designs is to offer responsibly produced jewelry. This means a significantly higher cost of specialized (Western) labor, strict safety, health and working conditions, efficient usage of fairtrade/eco/recycled/conflictfree raw materials and minimum environmental impact.'

I didn't realise that. That makes a big difference to me.

PansyCat
PansyCat
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Faerybeads Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:16 pm

PansyCat wrote:'The philosophy behind Faerybeads next to creating special -less commercial- designs is to offer responsibly produced jewelry. This means a significantly higher cost of specialized (Western) labor, strict safety, health and working conditions, efficient usage of fairtrade/eco/recycled/conflictfree raw materials and minimum environmental impact.'

I didn't realise that.  That makes a big difference to me.  

Thank you!

And in our opinion, it would make a big difference to the world if more/most/all companies took it to heart. While jewelry is a luxury product, the majority of (silver) jewelry can be offered at low prices because of being produced in low-labor-cost countries. The same jewelry produced, for example here in Europe or USA, would be offered at a very different price. I guess none of us western workers/employees would work for the pay the people in those low-labor-cost countries get for their work. But those people have none/little options for better pay or different work.

Additionally young people in the western world wishing for a career as a craftswomen/crafsman can never compete with low-labor-cost-mass-produced jewelry manufacturers.

Faerybeads is not only about the unique designs we are known for but also about responsible production of luxury goods. We believe we can make a difference in our own modest way.
Faerybeads
Faerybeads
Fine Jewelry

https://www.facebook.com/faerybeads http://www.pinterest.com/faerybeads/faery-dust/ http://www.faerybeads.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PansyCat Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:45 pm

So, today I put my money where my mouth is.  I've been really wanting a skull (I literally work for a brain surgeon, seems appropriate!) and I wanted a great one, so ordered today from Faerybeads.  Yeah!!!   Can't wait!  By the by, who makes the glass beads you guys use on your site?  They are pretty fab!
PansyCat
PansyCat
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:18 pm

I haven't looked at the Faerybeads website recently---shame on me, but looking there induces greed!----
but Sita most often uses beads from Christa Keizer (Luccicare) on her own Faerybeads combos. She does make wondrously beautiful beads.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/luccicare

LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:47 pm

And from Anne Meiborg too:

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/AnneMeiborg
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Yes, Anne does lovely beads.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:53 pm

shame she only uses rivets, I don't buy that.
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by PansyCat Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Ah Luccicare. That explains. I'm a longtime Christa fame.

I'll check out Anna Meiborg.
PansyCat
PansyCat
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:56 pm

Catsworld wrote:shame she only uses rivets, I don't buy that.

Ohhh noooo I was about to order some beads, thought it were solid cores. Damn Sad
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:18 pm

Catsworld wrote:shame she only uses rivets, I don't buy that.

Its not easy to core a bead you can waste a lot of silver and split a bead if you don't know how to do it Very Happy so I think thats why a lot opt to use rivets Very Happy
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:56 pm

I prefer solid cores too and did discuss it with Anne. But I also understand the extra time (and cost) involved, waste of silver and potential splitting of the bead. The designs and consistent sizing however are just perfect imo!

Thank you PansyCat! Very Happy I love you

The glass I have that Christa did was the glass for Macs, but they outsourced the coring as well. Excellent cores, and beautiful glass back then.

Anita wrote:I would happily pre order the Hares, Holly King and Ravens as well as the Moon Bead I have already pre ordered. I would only do this with Faerybeads and not anyone else.
Thank you for trusting and supporting us! I love you Very Happy
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:50 am

I've said it before and will do again, Faerybeads are everything The other lines should ascribe to be! I'm buying more faeries than anything else!
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next