BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall release 2014

+46
flowertroll
Treeinwind
vampbutterfly
Arwen
trollmoll
Catsworld
Michelle
kyhalfpt
minty
Fuzzyfeet
harmony
mdellanno
BusyBeads
Freki
Reive
Fera
Tuesday's Child
trolladdict
Mouseoncheese
swisstroll
melmelmel56
trollfinder
Fee
Blairkj
Daisylove
TrollFantasy
Trollsister
ceruleanbluebird
natalyk
Kimberly Campbell
Jules
Fleur
Beady-Eyed
Chuck
Cloverbead
reltan
Nkara
Trollperle
gabi
SilverBells
Kathleen
Monique26
Brightonbelle
cottinghamgirl
LindaJo
kionee
50 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Fall release 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Fall release 2014

Post by minty Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:11 pm

Thank you Hug for the very detailed description of the beads... this release has nothing in for me but the eagle but it's not yet available here and most likely I'll not be able to chose in person... I hope I'll get a nice one if I ever buy one Cross fingers
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique26 Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:46 am

LindaJo wrote:Today, I finally drove across the city over to Sam's store (Earthworks)  to see the new beads in person. I think I got to see every one but Om, which she'd sold out. Some observations:
Fawn---looks more like Thumper than Bambi to me, ears are a bit long. Even so, you can only tell it's a deer by the head, the rest of the bead is a rather generic animal body. But it does wrap itself around the chain rather than being violently pierced.
Cornucopia----hangs down, almost dangles, with the fruit-heavy end facing out. I just wish the fruits and vegetables were distinguishable rather than blobs. I think one is a pear.
Spiritual Ornament----the "temple details" remind me of starfish and alligator hide.
Spiritual Adornment----one half lotus, one half with three different unidentifiable blooms.
Ganesha---I like it, but think this is one to be hand-picked, it would be very easy for the details to be polished off.
Tree of Awareness----Buddha looks very serene, but the backside of the tree disappointed me, not much detail. Maybe another one to hand pick if you want to use the back side.
Giant Lotus---nice size, I could probably use this a lot more than I use my Shadow Flower which is bigger.
Forest Treasures---I like the idea but I don't understand the back side of the bead.
Squirrel---this must be a European squirrel with those big ears. And Seinfeld-ian 'man hands' grasping the nut.
Tears of Shiva----This is not very pretty or impressive unless you really care about the symbolism of the Rudraksha seeds. Irregular and bumpy.
Little Bear---not bad, more bear-like than teddy-like. He has a rather long snout. Be sure that the details on his back paws haven't been polished out.
Apple of Wisdom----Troll snuck a heart in on this one, at the end of the stem.
Dandelion---the leaves look right, but the flowers look heavy, more like mums than wispy dandelions.
Northern Forest Kit---Swaying Straws is a lighter, more yellow-toned green than the old Green Stripe. Autumn Rays is a darker, truer red than the old Red Stripe, but the color does vary---hand pick! Mist Ripples and Mist Bubbles look better up close than from afar.
Eastern Facet Kit---They are pretty but a bit too busy for me. The yellow flecks in Hope Facet are actually stars.
Lapis Lazuli---gorgeous!
Wings of Freedom (eagle)---hand pick if you can, the level of detail and the wing tips can vary.
I only bought two of the new beads , the eagle and the red Autumn Rays, figuring there's no hurry on production beads.

A great big Thank You from me who has not seen the beads IRL yet !! tongue
Monique26
Monique26
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kyrama Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:18 am

Was anyone else disappointed in how small the head of Buddha was?! It really was Pandora sized and it seems like it would get totally lost on a bracelet. I'm waiting to get most of my silvers I want from the collection in the October promotion but I did get the apple (I'd missed the heart detail....good spot LindaJo) and the giant lotus which is so beautiful and useful on both bracelets and necklaces. I agree the Easter Facet kit is a bit busy. It might be overwhelming to wear the beads as a set but I will probably get it anyway because I like how unusual they are.
kyrama
kyrama
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by kyrama Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:19 am

Forgot to mention that the lapis is gorgeous. And the chalcedony, too, although you really are better picking one that appeals to you...
kyrama
kyrama
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by PansyCat Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:51 pm

Excellent detailed review on the beads and I agree on your take on the silvers. I do like the Eastern Facet kit quite a bit though, especially the Hope bead.

Believe it or not, I found that bead - hmmm, meaningful, emotional? I mean, isn't it exactly what hope is - a warm light shinning in the darkness? I think its brilliant. I've had a rough year and that bead spoke to me.
PansyCat
PansyCat
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7