BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How It All Began - Show your very first beads

+17
Joolz
retiredk9racer
Amanda Mac (Dot)
strike
natalyk
Gail201
Cloverbead
Pandabee(uk)
Catsworld
plumbun
Trollperle
Fera
TrollFantasy
stacecase
SilverBells
ceruleanbluebird
Brightonbelle
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How It All Began - Show your very first beads Empty How It All Began - Show your very first beads

Post by Trollperle Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:21 pm

This is how it all began for me:
I had a bit of a health scare in 2010, luckily all went well, the tissue was benign and I was able to recover with my Mum before going back to Lilongwe Smile First time I was fit enough to drive again, I took my dear step dads very old and cranky but wonderful Suzuki Vitara (called „Suzie“ Smile ) for a drive into town, I gifted myself with my very first Trollbeads. I chose the lilac flower for my spirituality, the green one for my health, the Lucky Dragon for, well his name already says it (plus he is a dragon, need I say more  Laughing ), and Freya´s knot for my love of the old Norse and this goddess in particular. The nice sales lady wrapped everything in a beautiful gift parcel and I went into a nice cafe to gift it to me in style with some fresh orange juice, a hot coffee and a wonderful huge piece of cake Smile
Plumbun´s Throwback Thread and my new Summer LE bracelet that is still so wonderfully empty, prompted me to put them back together and i have been wearing them today with a smile on my face whenever I looked at these lovely beads  I love you 

If you like, please share your first beads Smile

How It All Began - Show your very first beads Beginn10
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

How It All Began - Show your very first beads Empty Re: How It All Began - Show your very first beads

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:27 pm

I am so glad that you were OK.  That was a great reason to buy yourself a treat.

I can't show pics of my first beads because most of them have flown the nest. (Silverbells might still have some of them though.  Wink )  I bought them when I got a job after more than a year out of work.

I think this is the first pic that I took of a combo after hiding for quite a long while.  I called the bracelet ARCTIC CHILL.

How It All Began - Show your very first beads Artic_10
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

How It All Began - Show your very first beads Empty Re: How It All Began - Show your very first beads

Post by Trollperle Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Brightonbelle, that bracelet is gorgeous - I love the moodiness and all those azure bubbles. And to find a new job surely is a wonderful reason for a bead treat Smile !
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:17 pm

This is my very first bracelet: a southwest theme.

How It All Began - Show your very first beads P7280212

My first trunk show beads, but not my first purchase:
How It All Began - Show your very first beads P7280210
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBells Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:01 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:I am so glad that you were OK.  That was a great reason to buy yourself a treat.

I can't show pics of my first beads because most of them have flown the nest. (Silverbells might still have some of them though.  Wink )  I bought them when I got a job after more than a year out of work.

I think this is the first pic that I took of a combo after hiding for quite a long while.  I called the bracelet ARCTIC CHILL.

How It All Began - Show your very first beads Artic_10

Beautiful bracelet BB  sunny Here is a combo which I think features three of your first beads, which I got from you  I love you and lovely they are too  Daisy white 

How It All Began - Show your very first beads TrollbeadBracelet5of30
SilverBells
SilverBells
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBells Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:16 pm

This is my first bracelet which I still keep together - it has various silvers including mainly fairytale ones and the purple kit plus a couple of other production glass beads - at first I only had the silvers and no glass but it really came together with the purple glass and I still love it  sunny 

How It All Began - Show your very first beads TrollampNoosaCombo
SilverBells
SilverBells
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Love your first bracelet Silverbells and thank you for demonstrating how happy my first beads are with you.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBells Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:19 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:Love your first bracelet Silverbells and thank you for demonstrating how happy my first beads are with you.

Thanks BB, I love them  sunny 
SilverBells
SilverBells
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:21 pm

I like all those bracelets, but I really love the pic from Silverbell,  sunny 

I only meant to do a necklace, not a bracelet, I thought only old ladies are wearing bracelets... Embarassed 
so these were my first beads, within a few weeks I then had several bracelets and I really loved them very much, I simply loved every bead, I loved beadplay and those were somehow such innocent times.

How It All Began - Show your very first beads Cp86gxdjipolqdwuz
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBells Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Catsworld wrote:I like all those bracelets, but I really love the pic from Silverbell,  sunny 

I only meant to do a necklace, not a bracelet, I thought only old ladies are wearing bracelets... Embarassed 
so these were my first beads, within a few weeks I then had several bracelets and I really loved them very much, I simply loved every bead, I loved beadplay and those were somehow such innocent times.

How It All Began - Show your very first beads Cp86gxdjipolqdwuz

Thanks Catsworld, I love the colours of your necklace - your amethyst is beautiful too  sunny 
SilverBells
SilverBells
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:02 am

This was the first actual bracelet combo I took a photo of, roughly two weeks after I started collecting (sorry for the bad flash/overexposure  Embarassed ). As you can see, I didn't stay a TB purist for very long. My first non-Trollbead was the Unicorn, but if TB had had a unicorn, I would have bought it instead. It's very meaningful to me.  

How It All Began - Show your very first beads First_combo

But my very first beads were the Small Berry & Blue Tiger's Eye, along with the Lace lock and chain. It was a Christmas present from my boyfriend Smile
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:57 am

Your boyfriend has excellent taste, Stacecase Smile

Silverbells, thank you so much for sharing Brightonbelle´s and your beads Smile Your combos are gorgeous!

And I thought mostly elder ladies wear necklaces Wink Cats, your combo is beautiful, makes me work harder on my neck problems !  I love you 
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:47 pm

@ stace, your first combo must have had so much spirit! How could it not w/a unicorn

@ cbird, i really appreciate (what seems to be a) consistently earthy, almost ethnic feel to your combos and bead selections. your early photo captures that so well!
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:49 pm

@ silverbells, awesome that you still keep your first combo together. it's very fun/fairtale "troll"

@bb, you have such a wonderful way of placing milans and mosaics in your bracelets; your combo here shows that off so well!
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:52 pm

@trollperle, your first combo reminds me of my first beads!

@ cats, surely you stuck to one necklace! very classic/glammed up first picks
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:23 pm

here they are (and the original blurry photo, but let's pretend it's an artistic rendition). well, my first beads were really the hare and tortoise and the little fairy from the beadcage. but when they came in the mail (having never seen them in person), i thought someone had played a trick on me and "STOLE" my $$, they just looked so small. back they went. the itch stayed, so i drove to the nearest ld near me in Maryland and got the happy fish (it was january 2010), next month the lucky knot. now, around the same time i ''subtly'' hinted to a boy who was sweet on me and "surprise," the forget-me-knot (yes, I am slightly ashamed, but it was valentines, right?), then the next month from the ld near my mum in Virginia the rolling troll and days later (she became "my" ld and so too the lucky dragon MINE!! at the time, i had myself on a glass ban for fear of going nuts. it lasted 6 months. ah, looking back is so much fun...now i want to recreate this bracelet (maybe w/some glass).  Wink 

How It All Began - Show your very first beads Photo016
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:37 pm

Wonderful story, Plumbun, and great first beads - especially the lucky dragon Wink
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollFantasy Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:53 pm

Unfortunately I cannot find a picture of how my anniversary bracelet started (which was actually my very first troll addition). But here is the first picture of my necklace that I can find right now. Most of these beads were presents that I got for my high school graduation, which was around the time I started collecting Smile

How It All Began - Show your very first beads DSC00715
TrollFantasy
TrollFantasy
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fera Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:02 pm

The first Troll I bought was the Baby Dragon. He lived on my standard necklace. Smile
Then I bought my first bracelet, in April (I think) 2009. I can't find the pic so I took a new one.
How It All Began - Show your very first beads 2014-06-15184929_zpsd479bf1d
Then the little fairy joined in and then the Happy fish and Lucky Dragon. I ended up with around 300 beads 5 years later... I wonder how that happened... Shocked  Not all there
Fera
Fera
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Trollfantasy, those are gorgeous first beads - lovely people must have gifted them to you but then the occasion surely called for lovely beads Smile

Fera, the little troll looks so innocent Smile And like you, I sometimes also wonder how they could multiply so fast Wink
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Trollfantasy, what a FAB first necklace!

Fera, a girl after my own heart w/the rolling troll. he DOES look innocent...sort of Wink
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:17 pm

love this thread and all shown combos,
I also bought fairly quickly the lucky dragon, but I admit, I hardly ever wear him nowadays... must change that!
Next combo will be a lucky dragon combo! I have revived the trollbaby and the designer troll, so next will be this poor chap!
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:10 pm

This was mine, it took me over a year to collect enough beads for a full bracelet.....those were the days. I have also stopped taking photos of beads on my phone.

How It All Began - Show your very first beads Mine_w10
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:17 pm

These are my first ever Trollbeads bought nearly 5 years ago in Denmark.  I was so thrilled with them and looked at the all the time on the holiday....they soon got new friends Smile

How It All Began - Show your very first beads Mystory1_zps26c15688
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:21 pm

Pandabee, yours is such a wonderful colourful bracelet. Love your babytroll Smile

Mine was a choice of starter bracelet...so not much colour choice. I soon added lots of blue Smile
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next