BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do you think Trollbeads glass is made?

+10
Trollperle
Fairy3
saracat
Freki
Daisylove
Louey
strike
Pandabee(uk)
Anita
LisaB
14 posters

Go down

Where do you think Trollbeads glass is made? Empty Where do you think Trollbeads glass is made?

Post by LisaB Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:13 pm

I just saw a video on the internet showing Pandora glass being made in Thailand. It made me wonder whether the Trollbeads glass is made there as well. Nothing wrong with that, I am just curious. Anyone know?
LisaB
LisaB
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Where do you think Trollbeads glass is made? Empty Re: Where do you think Trollbeads glass is made?

Post by Anita Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:31 pm

I'd say China.

All the plastic packets the beads are sent in to the retailers are marked 'Made in PRC'.
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Where do you think Trollbeads glass is made? Empty Re: Where do you think Trollbeads glass is made?

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:40 pm

In a cave, by a troll...called Gertrude. She is a happy soul who whistles while she works and likes nothing better than waffles and Hopjes Koffie sweets.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:46 pm

http://t.answers.com/answers/#!/entry/where-are-troll-beads-made,4ffe1edb7af68a84dc010426/2

Or the boring answer.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Pandabee(uk) wrote:In a cave, by a troll...called Gertrude. She is a happy soul who whistles while she works and likes nothing better than waffles and Hopjes Koffie sweets.

What does she think of the nickname Gertie? I would assume that as a happy soul she would be fine with it, but some people are rather particular about their name.
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Louey Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:15 pm

Pandabee(uk) wrote:In a cave, by a troll...called Gertrude. She is a happy soul who whistles while she works and likes nothing better than waffles and Hopjes Koffie sweets.

I prefer this answer to the boring one Very Happy
Louey
Louey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:44 pm

lol! 
I like this answer, even though I now have to clean the table from the tea that I spilled over my cup when I had to laugh out loud after reading this ........ Pandabee, are you a writer? this sentence could be the perfect start for a thriller  Laughing 
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Freki Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:31 pm

Daisylove wrote:.. Pandabee, are you a writer? this sentence could be the perfect start for a thriller

Oh noooo! Is someone going to bump poor Gertie off?  affraid Did her ending monotone whistling get on someone's nerves and they finally let fly with a pickax? Or does she get into a vile mood after running out of caffeinated Hopjes and bump off the poor innocent gnome who was only delivering amethysts?
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by saracat Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:27 pm

This is exactly how I picture them being made - that's the only thing that encourages to keep buying at the current price!!!
saracat
saracat
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 

Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Freki wrote:
Daisylove wrote:.. Pandabee, are you a writer? this sentence could be the perfect start for a thriller

Oh noooo! Is someone going to bump poor Gertie off?  affraid Did her ending monotone whistling get on someone's nerves and they finally let fly with a pickax? Or does she get into a vile mood after running out of caffeinated Hopjes and bump off the poor innocent gnome who was only delivering amethysts?

Oh my goodness, Gertie has barely been born and now she is off to being offed??? I sure hope that one of the FB dragons will come to her aid! Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:45 pm

Smaug 
I've located Gertie Wink in the Czech Republic, she's doing just fine! But there's also the major supply that comes from China.
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:33 pm

Is it still " Gertie-moves-around " that makes the glass ?  Shocked

Now in CR ? Surprised She dose like to travel  Laughing 

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mandyjw Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Sadly China, a sore subject among glass beadmakers, many of whom pioneered the designs and process. However I don't know of one industry or craft that doesn't have the same fate. Sad I do hope that Trollbeads makes sure their employees have proper ventilation and eye protection.
mandyjw
mandyjw
Glass Artist

http://www.lionspawjewelry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaB Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:31 pm

mandyjw wrote:Sadly China, a sore subject among glass beadmakers, many of whom pioneered the designs and process.  However I don't know of one industry or craft that doesn't have the same fate. :(I do hope that Trollbeads makes sure their employees have proper ventilation and eye protection.  

I wondered about that. I see many artisan beads that look much, much better in person than the Trollbeads glass. (Not to knock the Trollbeads glass, I have many of them that are beautiful and that I love. But sometimes I come across one that just makes me think what was that supposed to be?) I feel like sometimes I am seeing beads made by the person that actually came up with a particular design, but because they aren't stamped LAA they aren't "real" Trollbeads. I am starting to think that they are MORE "real" than the mass produced ones that aren't even coming out of Europe.

My bead funds are limited, and I am just trying to make informed decisions about where my bead dollar goes these days.....
LisaB
LisaB
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinMom Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:35 pm

I like this answer!  Very Happy 
TwinMom
TwinMom
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down