BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new DIY beadbox

+25
darkangel07760
passpartout
AmongGumTrees
Amanda Mac (Dot)
mdellanno
stacecase
minty
Louey
Pandabee(uk)
Catsworld
Trollperle
Blairkj
vonnewe
ZAKLINZ
splinty
Mouseoncheese
vicky_jb
Trollfan
strike
ceruleanbluebird
Cloverbead
Fera
reltan
Smaug
Nkara
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My new DIY beadbox - Page 2 Empty Re: My new DIY beadbox

Post by darkangel07760 Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:47 pm

your beadbox is stunning! you should sell these!!!
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by agatha Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:59 am

LOVE it!!! want one  What a Face 
agatha
agatha
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by HeatherD Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:08 pm

What a wonderful new bead box! To be repurposed by yourself, from something meaningful to you from your childhood... That is brilliant! It came out beautifully  Shocked  I'm sure both you and your beads will enjoy the new roomy home  Very Happy How on earth did you do the logo  Question 
HeatherD
HeatherD
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nkara Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:44 am

HeatherD wrote:What a wonderful new bead box!  To be repurposed by yourself, from something meaningful to you from your childhood... That is brilliant!  It came out beautifully  Shocked  I'm sure both you and your beads will enjoy the new roomy home  Very Happy How on earth did you do the logo  Question 

I looked up the logo on the internet and printed it and cut out a stencil, removing the areas that would be black. I then used a technique to use a sponge to apply paint in the cut out areas, but because the wood is not 100% plain, but has microscopic texture, all the edges got a bit smudged. There might be a smarter technique but I've never done anything like this before and this was the one I had read about on the Internet.
So I took a very thin brush and painted it by hand (since I already had applied a rough outline with the sponge thingie). I used to draw alot when I was younger and have a pretty steady hand, but I was being very patient and careful about it, so I think it took me about 3 hours just for the troll logo. Did the letters the day after, they were a bit easier because of their more simple forms.
Nkara
Nkara
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:54 am

Nkara wrote:
HeatherD wrote:What a wonderful new bead box!  To be repurposed by yourself, from something meaningful to you from your childhood... That is brilliant!  It came out beautifully  Shocked  I'm sure both you and your beads will enjoy the new roomy home  Very Happy How on earth did you do the logo  Question 

I looked up the logo on the internet and printed it and cut out a stencil, removing the areas that would be black. I then used a technique to use a sponge to apply paint in the cut out areas, but because the wood is not 100% plain, but has microscopic texture, all the edges got a bit smudged. There might be a smarter technique but I've never done anything like this before and this was the one I had read about on the Internet.
So I took a very thin brush and painted it by hand (since I already had applied a rough outline with the sponge thingie). I used to draw alot when I was younger and have a pretty steady hand, but I was being very patient and careful about it, so I think it took me about 3 hours just for the troll logo. Did the letters the day after, they were a bit easier because of their more simple forms.

Sculptor Sculptor A masterpiece to cherish. Thanks for sharing. So inspirational.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:52 am

How lovely to be able to use something with such fond lifelong memories.  You have really converted it beautifully. 

I need a proper beadbox with rods.  I MUST sort something out.  Thanks for inspiring me.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by HeatherD Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Thank you for sharing your technique for the logo. It looks so professional  Very Happy  My hand is not so steady, and I don't think I could have done it. It's beautiful  I love you 
HeatherD
HeatherD
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by melmelmel56 Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:50 pm

All I can say is I love looking through older posts and finding things like this. You must have a very steady hand as the job you've done with the logo is so accurate. What a lovely box you have now.
melmelmel56
melmelmel56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2