BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found a new home for my entire collection

+10
plumbun
strike
Monique26
Trollperle
angeltroll
ceruleanbluebird
reltan
Cloverbead
TrollRose
vicky_jb
14 posters

Go down

Found a new home for my entire collection Empty Found a new home for my entire collection

Post by vicky_jb Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:49 am

Found a new home for my entire collection Img_0947

This little DIY project took me a couple rainy saturday and sunday afternoons. winds 
I spray painted the interior (top left is a "before" picture) with a blue glitter paint. Then I cut out styrofoam squares which I "upholstered" with gray velvet.
For the stainless steel bead rods, I filed small cavities into two pieces of wood. Those were then also spray painted and glued to the interior of the box bounce
I painted my initials with glitter nail polish Embarassed Thanks 

This box will hopefully be big enough for a while now... Twisted Evil so glad it's finished! Thanks for letting me share.
vicky_jb
vicky_jb
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

https://www.facebook.com/vbehr http://skinnycupcake.net

Back to top Go down

Found a new home for my entire collection Empty Re: Found a new home for my entire collection

Post by TrollRose Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:52 am

What a beautiful new home !
They will be very happy there vicky_jb Very Happy 
TrollRose
TrollRose
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Found a new home for my entire collection Empty Re: Found a new home for my entire collection

Post by Cloverbead Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:30 am

Looks really great. You are very clever to make it yourself. Smile
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:29 am

It is lovely, I just managed to get a box of wines, I planned to do the same thing, my problem is just getting the rods! Love yours
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:13 pm

That is a great box! I just have a little thing, but all my loose beads still fit. I have to keep the finished bracelets in another box. I have found the best way to manage the loose bead from overtaking the box is to buy a bracelet and make another go-to combo.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by angeltroll Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:07 pm

You are clever and resourceful Very Happy I think it's great to have custom-made your own "bead home" specifically for your collection - I'm impressed! Very Happy 
angeltroll
angeltroll
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:36 pm

When I read the headline I thought you had found a new home for your entire collection as in re-homed it with somebody else affraid Wink Your DIY new home looks very lovely and all the beads in it look happy with their new dwellings Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique26 Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:18 pm

VJB - very beautiful!
Monique26
Monique26
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:33 pm

Trollperle wrote:When I read the headline I thought you had found a new home for your entire collection as in re-homed it with somebody else affraid Wink
I thought the same! Laughing It is a lovely new home for your collection though Smile
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:17 am

Trollperle wrote:When I read the headline I thought you had found a new home for your entire collection as in re-homed it with somebody else affraid Wink Your DIY new home looks very lovely and all the beads in it look happy with their new dwellings Smile
lol! i thought that too! what a great box, vbj!! woot!
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky_jb Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:19 am

Hehe... I noticed when I wrote the headline and thought it was funny Laughing I could never part with anything in this box!
Thanks for the sweet comments!
vicky_jb
vicky_jb
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

https://www.facebook.com/vbehr http://skinnycupcake.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mdellanno Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:42 am

Love the new home...Smile

mdellanno
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by bharvard1245 Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:09 am

Your hard work paid off ... lovely ... flower
bharvard1245
bharvard1245
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by prin Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:41 am

Fabulous! Maybe I wii have a go that's how I found this site 2 years ago looking for a bead villa, and they. Still don't have a home Sad
prin
prin
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by melmelmel56 Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:54 pm

Love your bead box! You have lots of room now and it must be very satisfying to achieve something like this.
melmelmel56
melmelmel56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down