BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My lovely swap is here!

+2
plumbun
strike
6 posters

Go down

My lovely swap is here! Empty My lovely swap is here!

Post by strike Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:52 am

First, a note: I have two small children. As such, many of the toys that they are gifted require batteries, and so we usually have a large stock of batteries on hand. More on this in a moment ...

Today, when my package arrived, I did a little happy dance and then pulled out the camera and started doing my unboxing shots, since I always find that fun when other people do it Very Happy  There was a card ...

My lovely swap is here! Pa170010

Then many fluffy layers of orange tissue paper, hiding several tissue paper-wrapped packages!

My lovely swap is here! Pa170011

I started unwrapping the packages and marvelling at their contents, and was just about to take the overview photo when the batteries in my camera died! Undaunted, I ran downstairs to the always plentiful stash of batteries (see first note) ... only to find one battery. And the camera needs four. So, resigning myself to finishing with photos from the camera on my smartphone, I pulled it out and captured the contents of the little white packages.

There was a Halloween sign, two cloths in rich autumnal colours, a TB pencil, a TB screen cleaner for your smartphone, an eye-shaped lollipop and some TB jelly beans (which my 4 year old wanted to open the second she saw them), a pumpkin decorating kit, and some very cool green nailpolish in a skull-shaped bottle! And, of course, my beads (two of them!)

My lovely swap is here! 12383510

And then my smartphone battery died before I could capture a good picture of the beads! Laughing So, I did what I felt needed to be done and and I started going through my children's toys, finding the ones that don't require a screwdriver to remove the battery cover, and came up with three of the four batteries the camera would need, then went back down to the basement for the final battery! Very Happy

My lovely, lovely beads! An absolutely wonderful dark Wood Sprite bead and a beautiful retired green dot. I've only ever seen pictures of the green dot, and never realized how much the dots really do look like little pools. They are both fantastic beads Excited 

My lovely swap is here! Pa170012

Thank you so much to my swappee Love (which I think was bugladydi - the card was signed Diana) ! I'm hoping to get some bead play time tomorrow so I can get these into a combo!
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

My lovely swap is here! Empty Re: My lovely swap is here!

Post by plumbun Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:28 am

Haha! What a great story, Strike! What a lovely swap and great beads!
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:31 am

awesome beads!
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugladydi Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:36 am

I am very happy that the package made it to you and you are happy with your beads and goodies! 
Hug Mummy Witch Skull
Bugladydi
Bugladydi
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:55 am

Wonderful package Skull 
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:33 pm

This is what I did with the beads :)I used the owl from my package as the inspiration for the colours Owl 

My lovely swap is here! Pa180011
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Such a lovely package and beautiful beads - I adore the lollipop Love 
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down