BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What colour would you suggest for the lock

+8
Lengoa
Bluesybeads
Fuzzyfeet
Trollperle
Smaug
Fleur
Catsworld
reltan
12 posters

Go down

What colour would you suggest for the lock Empty What colour would you suggest for the lock

Post by reltan Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:23 pm

I think I'm almost ready for my dragon, but can't make up my mind for the eyes... would you suggest a plain one in silver or the one with the colored eyes. Plus would you suggest the normal one or the dark one?
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

What colour would you suggest for the lock Empty Re: What colour would you suggest for the lock

Post by Catsworld Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:34 pm

for that reason I got 2, I love both, Love I have not tried the black rhodinated silver yet, so I can't tell...
no matter what you decide colourwise, you will always make the right choice! flower
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

What colour would you suggest for the lock Empty Re: What colour would you suggest for the lock

Post by Fleur Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:43 pm

I have the "normal" plain one and it is absolutely perfect for me.
There's some oxidation, not too shiny and not too dark either.
You will find many pics here on the forum, that show the different versions and may help you to make up your mind. Very Happy
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Perhaps, Lengoa would like to comment on the Dark Dragon locks? She owns two Dark Dragons, actually the ones that are used in the promo pics of the Dark Dragon locks.

Personally I use an all silver lock, Aether, and for pictures an Earth Drake with pine green diamond eyes which is actually a master lock that got assembled by mistake... Embarassed

Here's again the overview of diamonds that were available...
What colour would you suggest for the lock FBLocksCollection
Top left to right below:
amethyst, black, red, cognac,
ocean blue, ice blue, ocean blue
apple green, pine green, olive green, forest green

Please note the color intensity of the diamonds varies with the light intensity; the lock pictured above are oxidized (and got shipped unpolished like this unintended) and not black rhodinated.
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:27 pm

I have one plain silver one and he would go with everything, but alas, he prefers the darker bracelets: a basis of black with a bit of blue here or there (you can see him in my January Mola Mola pictures with blue and pink (not flaming pink, though, mind you Wink ).

Then I have the ice blue eyed one and he just loves the bluish-whitish bracelets with a bit of brown and/or turquois thrown in - He is a water and ice dragon guarding my Raven Lady bracelet with all his might at present.

The Lady of the Earth with forest green eyes is the most peculiar: only an all green bracelet for her Ladyship will do - and she adopted the baby dragon and does not allow it to leave the garden Smile

So you see, they do have character - and they will let you know what suits them Wink

As for you to choose one: Go with your heart and pick the colour you like best, the rest will find itself Smaug
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:53 pm

I have 3, 1 plain and 2 with coloured eyes and I love them all, still I think I need 2 more Embarassed
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:03 pm

I found an old post about the meaning of dragon eyes:

Bluesybeads wrote:
Bluesybeads wrote:
luvdatrolls wrote:I found this to help me pick eye colour....
Dragon Eye Colors:
As all experienced Pern role players know, dragons don’t have just one eye
color. They, like fire-lizards, display their feelings in their eyes.
Below are the colors and the meanings of the colors that one may see in a
dragon’s eyes.

Red: Extreme anger/ready to rise, extreme pain/sorrow/grief
Orange: Slightly annoyed, still fairly calm
Yellow: Worried, frustrated, confusion/pain
Lime green: Astonishment or surprise
Dark green: Contentment, normal coloring
Light blue: Nervous excitement or light worry, excitement
Dark blue: Contentment
Light purple: Jealousy
Dark purple: Extreme love, lust
White: Terrified, scared
Gray: Pain, dying

Of
course being a purple lover that would be the perfect eye for me. If
that was an option I would love dark purple like my birthstone. If not I
would like the dark green eye on a left hand bracelet. xoxo
Bravo!

Loving dragons, I hope that you do not mind me posting your comments about dragon eyes here, Luvdatrolls Very Happy

Naranja wrote that she could not believe that Bluesybeads would choose an Earth Drake with green eyes.

Well I have been reading Anne McCaffrey's books and in her Pern universe the dragon's change eye colour according to their mood. Green eyes are the normal ones, and Anne McCaffrey's favourite colour is (or was) green. She passed away on Monday 21st November 2011, and I am giving my dragon green eyes in her honour!
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Lengoa Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:09 pm

I have the black lock, and I adore it.
I use it as the important part of the bracelet because it is so beautiful.
I think that (if bluesybeads invite me ;-)) I can make a close up picture of the black lock next to the "normal" lock.

Lengoa
Lengoa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:30 pm

My Tenarth among treasures:
What colour would you suggest for the lock Dsc06901a

Lengoa, we will have to find a date then Wink
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:41 am

I just have one lock, with forest green eyes, but he is comfortable with all sorts of bead colors. I would love to have more though Smile Next, I would pick ocean blue and purple.
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:45 am

The eyes are really tiny, so they don't take over the colour of a bracelet, they just add an extra touch of sparkle Smile
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollfinder Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:17 pm

I have 2 so far, one plain lock and one with poison green diamond eyes, I love them both! Next on my list is one with purple diamond eyes and an oxidized one with white diamond eyes cyclops Hmmm, now that I think about it, I really need to do my taxes so I can make this happen Wink Laughing

here are mine
What colour would you suggest for the lock D057
What colour would you suggest for the lock D055
trollfinder
trollfinder
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by armony Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 am

havin' lots of money,my wish will be a gold one with red diamonds eyes...but is it possible?
armony
armony
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

http://armony.zxq.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:16 am

Yes ! They can make customised locks Twisted Evil
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by armony Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:26 am

I've never seen a gold lock with gems eyes...for me just a dream!
armony
armony
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Faerybeads Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:15 am

armony wrote:havin' lots of money,my wish will be a gold one with red diamonds eyes...but is it possible?
Any version you could wish for is possible. We even received a request for a gold dragon with poison green diamond eyes and a red diamond heart for Valentine's Day... sorry no sneak peek on this one.
Faerybeads
Faerybeads
Fine Jewelry

https://www.facebook.com/faerybeads http://www.pinterest.com/faerybeads/faery-dust/ http://www.faerybeads.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by armony Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:27 am

I have to convince my husband...I think It will be extremely hard but not impossible!!! If oneday you'll have a pictures it probably help me in my husband persuasion affair
armony
armony
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Faerybeads wrote:
armony wrote:havin' lots of money,my wish will be a gold one with red diamonds eyes...but is it possible?
Any version you could wish for is possible. We even received a request for a gold dragon with poison green diamond eyes and a red diamond heart for Valentine's Day... sorry no sneak peek on this one.

Who is this lucky girl????? Dhtold me the maximum one I can get is a blind one Evil or Very Mad ....
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Mine is all silver too... Laughing I like the diamond versions (I only use a 'dummy' lock with diamonds for pics) but the all silver version -Aether- has so much character already and I'm very happy with it.

That gold dragon is unbelievably awesome! But we're not allowed to tell who it is for neither show pictures of it Sad unless we'll do a new one... and after Valentine's Day that is... Rolling Eyes

armony wrote:I have to convince my husband...I think It will be extremely hard but not impossible!!! If oneday you'll have a pictures it probably help me in my husband persuasion affair
On the facebook page we shared some time ago a picture of an 18k red gold dragon...
I might be able to 'edit' red diamond eyes into it to give you an idea.
What colour would you suggest for the lock 465627_434114526643768_384649727_o
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:18 pm

reltan wrote:Dh told me the maximum one I can get is a blind one Evil or Very Mad ....

A blind dragon - good one Laughing

Recently I went to a very inspirational talk where the speaker was blind, but we hardly notised this as he was incredibly confident, independent, and did not look blind. He won several gold medals in sports, was the top salesman at IBM, had taken an education as a programmer, and now had his own firm where he was councelling top sports performers, and top managers as well as team building. He was so positive in overcoming daily obstacles and finding new solutions. He definitely was an inspiration to us seeing unhandicapped people.

I will love my two blind dragons even better now Very Happy Love
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Lengoa wrote:I have the black lock, and I adore it.
I use it as the important part of the bracelet because it is so beautiful.
I think that (if bluesybeads invite me ;-)) I can make a close up picture of the black lock next to the "normal" lock.

And here is the dragons' meet with Lengoa's photos Smaug please see link:

http://www.beadthrilled.com/t12769-today-s-photoshoot-of-a-dragons-meet-rodinated-and-oxidated#234731
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down