BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you wear you beads

+21
jlfritz
stacecase
Nancy
Catsworld
BusyBeads
FrenchRedPoppy
fairytroll
kitsunegrl
schneeflocke
Pandabee(uk)
bubbagump
lecohen
Wintertroll
Smaug
ceruleanbluebird
lindakm
mermaidspurse
Brightonbelle
LindaJo
Fairy3
reltan
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

beads - How do you wear you beads Empty How do you wear you beads

Post by reltan Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:33 am

Hello everybody, sice I've been on this forum I've noticed thta you are all real collectors...I was wandering if you do a bracelet and than do not move the beads or if you create every time a new one using and swaping the beads.. Very Happy
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

beads - How do you wear you beads Empty Re: How do you wear you beads

Post by Fairy3 Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:49 am

I make them depending on my mood and bead preference at that time Very Happy
sometimes I might leave one as is for a while but in time I will take it apart Very Happy
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:20 pm

We roll both ways, reltan. Some make permanent bracelets only, some make only temporary bracelets. Probably most of us have at least a few bracelets that have ended up as semi-permanent ready-to-wear favorites, and other temporary combos.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:01 am

I used to change my bracelets all the time. Now I have some that I keep together for a long time. I just change a few beads on those. I do try to change 2 bracelets around often though.

What about you?
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:17 am

I've got 2 permanent, to me they look perfect and other 3 that I change, not because I like to change, but only couse I haven't find the right combo.... Crying or Very sad .. I've undestood however that is better to have a bead and a silver instead of two beads and a silver...it makes it easier
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:41 am

Fairy3 wrote:I make them depending on my mood and bead preference at that time Very Happy
sometimes I might leave one as is for a while but in time I will take it apart Very Happy
Same here!
Though if I really love a design, a make a pic or take notes, I can always re-create it, so I don't see the sense in 'not taking it apart because I love it'! It might also depend on whether you have doubles or not. I don't like doubles, so I often take combos apart, just because i want THAT bead in another theme NOW! Laughing
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lindakm Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:23 pm

I do both as well... I have some 'permanents', and some that are constantly changing. Having said that, even some of my best loved 'permanents' get tweaked every now and again... Wink
lindakm
lindakm
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:02 pm

I will stick with a design for maybe months at a time, but everything eventually changes. I have three bracelets that I can grab and wear.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:38 pm

When I want to do a new designs my beadbox gets messed up totally. So I'm the permanent bracelet girl... and I have doubles of certain popular beads because of that... Laughing

Some bracelets have been made 3 to 4 years ago and never changed and others change about every 2 to 3 months. Most recently my new Halloween Bracelet as the former version didn't excite me anymore and some members here made such yummy versions that I had to redo mine as well. Very Happy

Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintertroll Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:34 pm

I have two right now that are semi-permanent (been together for over six months). One of them is my Faerybeads combo. I just love the texture of the Faerybeads chain with the faceted TB gemstones.
Wintertroll
Wintertroll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

beads - How do you wear you beads Empty Can I see it??

Post by reltan Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:54 pm

Smaug wrote:When I want to do a new designs my beadbox gets messed up totally. So I'm the permanent bracelet girl... and I have doubles of certain popular beads because of that... Laughing

Some bracelets have been made 3 to 4 years ago and never changed and others change about every 2 to 3 months. Most recently my new Halloween Bracelet as the former version didn't excite me anymore and some members here made such yummy versions that I had to redo mine as well. Very Happy

Can I see it?
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

beads - How do you wear you beads Empty Can I see it??

Post by reltan Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Wintertroll wrote:I have two right now that are semi-permanent (been together for over six months). One of them is my Faerybeads combo. I just love the texture of the Faerybeads chain with the faceted TB gemstones.

I would like to see it
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by lecohen Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:00 pm

hi, welcome. I tend to like making permanent designs but they are hard to perfect and as a result I have only 2/3 permanents and the others are more "subject to change"

That said, every now and again I may replace a single bead or so on the permanents but for the most part within the same theme.

lecohen
lecohen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Hello and welcome. I have bracelets that I put together with a specific color scheme and design in mind. I take pictures of those designs so I can re string them that way over and over again. This way I don't hesitate to take them apart and use the beads in other random designs and to wear on necklaces. It's nice to have combos that you go back to over and over again. And it's also nice to string those same beads in a random style.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:31 pm

reltan wrote:
Smaug wrote:When I want to do a new designs my beadbox gets messed up totally. So I'm the permanent bracelet girl... and I have doubles of certain popular beads because of that... Laughing

Can I see it?
But of course: http://www.beadthrilled.com/t11063-trick-or-treat#206732

And at the gallery (many permanent versions):
http://www.beadthrilled.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-Smaug/Personal-album-of-Smaug-cat_u3.htm
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:35 pm

I'm a flibbertigibbet and change my beads around all the time. If it last more than a week, I'll post a photo. Very Happy

......Smug.....great beads .....drooling!!!!!
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by schneeflocke Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:52 pm

When I started collecting TB I had two permanent bracelets and they will stay that way. After that I collect beads in red, purple, cream and some others and some silverbeads to change a bracelet like I feel that day Wink
schneeflocke
schneeflocke
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:20 am

I am currently changing my bracelets willy-nilly.
However, I am working on a permanent Japan theme bracelet and I would like to create a Louisana theme next.

Also, I have the Chinese zodiac set released last year and those stay together. I just change the glass up on that.

If bracelets didn't cost so much, I think I would make more permanent ones. LOL....
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytroll Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:18 pm

I don't have any permanent bracelets, but I usually have one or two made up that I can choose to wear when I don't have a lot of time. Some bracelets I will keep together for a few months at a time, others maybe a few days. I do keep photos of my favorite combinations so I can recreate them.
fairytroll
fairytroll
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchRedPoppy Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Welcome ! I don't have permanent bracelet. I like to change all the time. It depends of my mood and the clothes i wear.
I wear the beads on silk, and silver bracelet.
I also like to wear them on a necklace.
FrenchRedPoppy
FrenchRedPoppy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:56 pm

So you're another a flibbertigibbet Coralie! Razz
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by BusyBeads Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:12 pm

I have put together a couple of bracelets that I like too much to take apart. I have some beads that I enjoy handling and moving around. I also love looking on BT and getting some inspiration from other people's designs.
BusyBeads
BusyBeads
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:38 am

I really envy the people who take their braceletes apart, I simply can't get myself to do that, some designs are really special to me, so I ended up with many bracelets, and most stupid, some of the designs I haven't worn for over a year...but I can't...
doesn't help take a pic, once they are taken apart, I never put them back to the original...
But I have about 3 bracelets which I change frequently... however, my most beautiful beads are used up, I have plenty of doubles or triples and some I got at least 10 (lucky knot e.g)
I even have complete designs on rods so as not to have to buy more bracelets..

my necklaces I change, not very frequently, but they are different...

if I could start all over again, I would not do permanents, now it is too late... Very Happy
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:45 am

I make 5-6 bracelets that I love then wear them constantly. Usually they are seasonal. Right now I am into fall colors and have put away my summer colors. I also have my everyday bracelets that kind of go with everything like jeans. Then I get sick of everything and take them all apart and sit on my bed for hours and make all new ones. It's what I love about TB's and why I keep buying more and never get tired of them.
Nancy
Nancy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:09 am

Oh gosh, I think I must be sick Sick Smile

I do exactly the opposite of what I thought I would do when I started collecting. I thought it would be fun to change bracelets out a LOT (it is!), and I planned on just having one or two chains and making different bracelets as desired all the time.

Instead, I have more semi-permanent combos than I care to mention, because I simply don't have time on a regular basis to change things out. I do tweak them with new beads, until I feel like they are "perfect", then I keep them as "ready-to-wear" bracelets (by colors or themes).

I photograph almost EVERY combo I make, because I want to remember how I did it, in case I change it or take it apart affraid and I tend to have intensive bead play sessions where I will build several bracelets at once for future use.

I'm also storing some based on seasonal use, or simply taking them apart, so I can use the chains for new combos. I LOVE building bracelets, I just wish I had more time to do so! Smile
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next