BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!

+19
Trollfee
mdellanno
misssodakgal
Clochard
Hisae
troll2011
klokke
Trollsister
AquaAura
Bluecow
Sware
Fuzzyfeet
Monique26
Jan
simo
cottinghamgirl
TwinMom
BethyCW
Magpie Kate
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!  Empty I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!

Post by Magpie Kate Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:23 pm

I finally got my dream bead, the one I never actually thought I would own. Yellow gold alone doesn't suit my skin tone at all, but I adore the two or even three tone look.

So of course it is.. the daisy! Thanks to a very lovely girly.

After my recent gemstone splurge, I am sat here playing around with different combinations.. with daisy as the centre piece. What do you think? Any suggestions or advice?

I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!  P1040958

I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!  654acfa3

I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!  9a73c1b1

I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!  Ba561fe4

I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!  4508c853

I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!  706ac0e0

I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!  2f35127e

Sorry about all the pictures, I got a bit carried away this morning! Very Happy

Magpie Kate
Magpie Kate
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!  Empty Re: I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!

Post by BethyCW Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:31 pm

beautiful pics and the daisy looks like it's loving its new home Love
BethyCW
BethyCW
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!  Empty Re: I Got My Dream Bead, But How To Wear It?! Pic Heavy!

Post by TwinMom Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:57 pm

That is a GORGEOUS bead!! I like the combinations you put with it, especially the first and second ones.
TwinMom
TwinMom
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:42 pm

I like them all, but specially 3 and 4 . The touch of gold really lifts the mainly silver combinations.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by simo Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:02 pm

The pics are all lovely! But.. what about trying with orange/yellowish/gold coloured glass beads? I've seen pics around with glasses of the mentioned colours in which the daisy was the perfect focal bead! Smile
simo
simo
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:25 pm

simona.diriso wrote:The pics are all lovely! But.. what about trying with orange/yellowish/gold coloured glass beads? I've seen pics around with glasses of the mentioned colours in which the daisy was the perfect focal bead! Smile
I agree, even though I know you aren't crazy about the glass beads. Crown Chakra, Honey Dawn and Gold Silver Trace would compliment the gold center of the Daisy without adding "color" to your bracelet in the sense that most glass beads would.
Jan
Jan
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique26 Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:12 pm

It is the greatest bead ever made. Congratulations!
Monique26
Monique26
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:14 pm

I just love your mainly silver combos, so different ! Very Happy
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sware Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Beautiful! I bought one when a site was closing out TB! Enjoy!
Sware
Sware
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecow Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:01 pm

I really want this for my birthday but sadly not till November! Sad I think it looks great with any combo but especially like your last one,

Bluecow
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaAura Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Lovely! This bead is on my dream list too! Love the first combo with the amazonite, but they are all gorgeous! sunny
AquaAura
AquaAura
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:07 pm

Congrats on your Daisy, I hope you will love it as I do mine! Daisy white
Your combos are all lovely, I love that you use a lot of silver as I favor the TB silvers too.
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by klokke Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Congratulations on your daisy, I'm most for the last combination, but they're all beautiful in their own way. Daisy white
klokke
klokke
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by troll2011 Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:09 am

The daisy is a lovely bead. Looks awesome in your combinations Very Happy

troll2011
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisae Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Congrats on your Daisy Daisy white Love 5th combo!! I love you
Hisae
Hisae
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Clochard Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:32 pm

they are all fantastic..
i like your way to combine...a lot of silver and just a few stones..
GREAT!
Clochard
Clochard
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by misssodakgal Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:50 pm

I love the daisy. I hope to get it within the next two weeks. All your combinations are lovely.
misssodakgal
misssodakgal
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by mdellanno Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:31 am

Very pretty.

mdellanno
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollfee Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:27 am

Congratulations. It´s a very nice daisy.

Trollfee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:16 am

Daisy is a wonderful bead and great as a centerpiece. I like them all, especially the last one.
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Magpie Kate Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Wow so many replies, thank you so much everyone! I had a manic couple of days and didn't have time to catch up on here Rolling Eyes ...

Thank you Lizzie, it is definitely enjoying its new home.. and I am loving having it too!

Thank you TwinMom & Cottinghamgirl - It's really interesting to see the combinations different people are drawn to the most!

Simona & Jan - I do like the glass beads, I have just never worn them myself! Now I am used to having stones on my bracelet I am sure glass would be okay. However yellow and orange are not great colours on my very pale skin, I will have a look for the daisy pictures you are talking about though and see! I have no problem adding colour Smile I will look up the chakra, honey dawn and gold silver trace Jan!

Monique I agree Very Happy thank you!

Fuzzyfeet - They are getting less and less silver as the days go on... I am doing my best hehe

Thank you Sware and Klokke

Bluecow I hope you get one for your birthday, I am sure you will love it as much as I do! I have worn the last combination for the past 2 days, had lots of compliments!

AquaAura the amazonite loves to sit next to the daisy! I hope you get one too someday!

Trollsister - I don't think I could love it more, it is beautiful! Do you have a lot of photographs of your bracelets on here? I would love to see someone elses designs using lots of silver.. I feel like the odd one here Very Happy

Thank you troll2011 & Hisae

Clochard - It seems an unusual way, but it works for me Smile thank you Hug

Misssodakgal - I hope yours arrives soon, and that you love it as much as I do!

Thank you mdellanno, Trollfee & Silmaril!
Magpie Kate
Magpie Kate
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollbelle Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Magpie Katie, I agree, I love the silvers with a few stones... really is a nice way of doing it. Love all your designs! Maybe try a shimmery pale amber next... you might be very surprised at the result! Daisy white
trollbelle
trollbelle
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Magpie Kate Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:34 pm

trollbelle what colour amber would you suggest? I have been looking at them, and there are just so many to choose from !
Magpie Kate
Magpie Kate
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Yohanna Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:28 am

Even though it was the silvers that first attracted me to TBs, I've usually gone for an even mix of glass and silver, then I got smitten with the Macrow stones (and glass) and now because of this forum and this thread (thanks Magpie Kate) I've recently been wearing mostly silver with just a few glass or stone beads. I'm getting 'round to an all silver bracelet I think!
Yohanna
Yohanna
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by trollbelle Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:52 am

Magpie, hmmm, maybe a baby yellow or an orangish one... with a few facets on it to shimmer along with your beautiful daisy's center... and translucent, with possibly a little glitter thrown in!?? The baby yellow could go with your lighter stone colors, or the orangish one could go with your deeper blue stone or the purples!

I only have 3 ambers myself, but I always seem to have one on my bracelet, because they do seem to go with everything once you start using them and they have sooo much character... Mine are translucent ones, but hope eventually to get some opaque chunkier ones next! sunny Love
trollbelle
trollbelle
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next