BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion for lock?

+9
aprilshack
Tuesday's Child
TrollBlossom
chocoholic
FrenchRedPoppy
kimvw
prin
Brightonbelle
cinlo
13 posters

Go down

Suggestion for lock? Empty Suggestion for lock?

Post by cinlo Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:08 pm

I've recently become interested in Troll after investing in a few Pandora bracelets over the years. I love collecting, and I'd like to have an "edgier" looking bracelet to wear sometimes.
I've looked at the locks in the local shop that carries Troll, and I was initially drawn to the Freja Knot. After reading a few comments here, I'm a bit hesitant to choose that one because of some issues of it breaking.
Seems like I have also read about some issues with the Pearl Lock and Dichroic lock and the bead popping off.
Are these common issues for these locks, or is it safe to just go for it?
Also, any comments on the quality/ease of use of the other locks would be appreciated.
Thanks!

cinlo
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for lock? Empty Re: Suggestion for lock?

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:16 pm

I like the Swan Lock best. It seems to be strong and I find it easy to use.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by prin Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:55 pm

I like my swan too but you may find one is never enough I don't have a Freya lock yet"........but I do have 5 others! lots of people have way more, what country are you from? some US dealers do a free bracelet with a lock, uk have an invitation bracelet offer with a choice of flower, Freya or lace locks £57
prin
prin
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kimvw Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:05 am

I have the basic lock, the swan lock, the big fish and big flower lock. All are very sturdy and I've never had any problems with them. I find the bigger locks (the big fish and big flower) easier to put on. Smile I you are worried about breaking you could always add a safety to your bracelet.
kimvw
kimvw
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchRedPoppy Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:10 am

Hello ! I have the dichroic flower lock, the swan lock and the tree lock and the basic double lock.

I also have an elepant lock but no trollbeads a fish and a big flower lock and a lace lock which is not trollbeads ever but they look like.

I think than you will need more little by little cause when you want to make a special bracelet theme you think about what is the best lock... so little by little you add locks to your collection.

I have the habit to use the tree lock very often cause of the forest themes i make. Then i love the dichroic flower but i am anxious to breack it or to loose the glass stones so... i do not use it very often. Then i don't know why but i do not use the swan very often...

And as Prin said : some sellers offer a sterling bracelet with the lock you buy so... Temptation, temptation Very Happy
FrenchRedPoppy
FrenchRedPoppy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:12 am

While people say bad things about the Freya Lock and the Troll Tree Lock breaking - mine all seem to be OK so far. I do avoid using the Freyas for really heavy bracelets though. One of mine is being used permanently with ambers.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by chocoholic Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:48 am

I haven't had a problem with the Freya lock (yet) either... mine looks fine.

I have also just acquired the RedBaliFrog om lock which I love and which feels very secure.
chocoholic
chocoholic
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollBlossom Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:15 pm

My favorite is the Freya lock because it isn't too flowery and I wear mine almost every day. I also love the Swan lock for the detailing.

I don't wear my Pearl Lock because I am worried about banging it on something. It's so pretty that I think I'm going to just bite the bullet and start wearing it. I have a few beads w/ buds that are really special to me and I only wear them on necklaces so they have less chance of being damaged.
TrollBlossom
TrollBlossom
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

https://www.facebook.com/heather.mcdougall.5 http://www.pinterest.com/izziebean5095/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuesday's Child Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:00 pm

The Freya lock is my favorite but I do love the swan too. I only have the lace and big flower lock right now and use the big flower the most. I honestly like the look of the small locks better but have a hard time using them on a full bracelet.
Go with the Freya lock:)
Tuesday's Child
Tuesday's Child
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilshack Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Thinking of getting a glass flower or retired Mexico lock for my silver as my tree troll is on my leather & it's a shame my silver is lying around doing nothing...
aprilshack
aprilshack
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:21 pm

I think the Freja lock is so pretty, I'd just get a silver stopper for security. Actually, the silver stopper is probably a good all idea for all locks!
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Blairkj Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:29 pm

I love the Freya Lock and have 3 or 4 of them. I have never had a problem with them or any other TB locks. I do always have a stopper bead and safety chain on the bracelet - just in case.
Blairkj
Blairkj
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilshack Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Anyone got some good close ups of the glass flower & Mexico locks? I thought I had a big bill coming this month but not now to January so I am thinking between these two.Has anyone had any problems with the glass falling out of these?

Edit:Nevermind! Gone for the Mexico lock as it will be my first retired piece! Plus it was 10% off at mememe accessories!
aprilshack
aprilshack
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseoncheese Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:37 pm

Good choice Aprilshack! The Mexico lock is great and well worth getting especially with a discount.

The glass is held really securely in a rub over setting and the lock mechanism is sturdy enough for any bracelet.
Mouseoncheese
Mouseoncheese
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilshack Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Mouseoncheese wrote:Good choice Aprilshack! The Mexico lock is great and well worth getting especially with a discount.

The glass is held really securely in a rub over setting and the lock mechanism is sturdy enough for any bracelet.

Hopefully I'll get really nice colours in the glass!
aprilshack
aprilshack
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilshack Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:18 pm

My Mexico lock & stacking case came today! The Mexico lock has some really lovely orange colour in it!
aprilshack
aprilshack
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:16 am

I love the Mexico lock. I also have the Swan, the Elephant, and the Big Flower ones...all great locks. The big locks are easier to work with.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilshack Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:22 am

ceruleanbluebird wrote:I love the Mexico lock. I also have the Swan, the Elephant, and the Big Flower ones...all great locks. The big locks are easier to work with.

I am thinking about my next lock!
aprilshack
aprilshack
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down