BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what is the real difference between antique flowers?

+21
lobby
Trolls
Fuzzyfeet
retiredk9racer
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Carla
Ninbey
lisajt
Pond
Silmaril
tonton
Smaug
Rainbow
LoopyLou
Lollipop
mermaidspurse
rainyday
snowy
kionee
Anna
idoru_meta
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So what is the real difference between antique flowers? - Page 2 Empty Re: So what is the real difference between antique flowers?

Post by Fuzzyfeet Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:29 am

Amazing AFs ladies Very Happy
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

So what is the real difference between antique flowers? - Page 2 Empty Re: So what is the real difference between antique flowers?

Post by Trolls Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:22 am

What an amazing collective collection of old AF....
I don't think it made sense to change the design but keeping the same name of this bead or the pink prism...The new versions looks nothing like the old ones and IMO no way as nice either
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lobby Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:28 am

[img]So what is the real difference between antique flowers? - Page 2 29th_010[/img]

This is my collection and I love them all...
lobby
lobby
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Clochard Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:36 am

oh my gosh lobby...

AMAZING!!!!!.... breath-taking!
Clochard
Clochard
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by lobby Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:10 am

I love these beads I was lucky enough to have 7 then a friend wanted to sell 3 and I can tell you I jumped at the chance.....the most I have of any beads but I am sooo happy... Jump
lobby
lobby
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:18 pm

lobby, absolutely stunning!!!
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:26 am

lobby wrote:[img]So what is the real difference between antique flowers? - Page 2 29th_010[/img]

This is my collection and I love them all...

An AMAZING bracelet - and I would love to see your avatar bracelet in detail too....... could you oblige, pretty please? Very Happy
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lobby Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:52 am

So what is the real difference between antique flowers? - Page 2 China_10

For Amanda Mac...hope u like.... Laughing Note to self...please get photos in some order....
lobby
lobby
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:04 am

lobby, you have some stunning OOAK's! Purple is such a lovely colour...need more purple beads!!
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:53 am

lobby wrote:So what is the real difference between antique flowers? - Page 2 China_10

For Amanda Mac...hope u like.... Laughing Note to self...please get photos in some order....

Lobby - TFS - so kind of you to oblige. I think that is the most stunning AF combo I have seen. LOVE it!! I would love to copy but don't have any of the Chinese silvers - and I didn't want any till now!!! AARGH!!
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:57 am

All these AFs are so wonderful. I love wide variation. Wish I'd bought more when they were current. At the time I felt greedy with 4. Embarassed
lisa
lisa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Lollipop wrote:I think I have a photo of a few - now getting it to post may be a different matter...!
So what is the real difference between antique flowers? - Page 2 39All_AF_2
So what is the real difference between antique flowers? - Page 2 49All_AF_3
So what is the real difference between antique flowers? - Page 2 48all_AF_1
Hope this works!

I LOVE this bead, one of my absolute favourites! When I first started collecting my aim was to have enough for a whole bracelet, and I have just found a my final one (not on pic). Very Happy

I love the ones with purple flowers, but I now have 2 with blue flowers, just to add a bit of interest Wink

I have noticed that there are 2 main types of old AF. The first (and the ones I actually found hardest to find) are the ones with the lovely sage colour green and violet flowers. The sage green does vary in shade, but the colour is the same if that makes sense :/ The other type has a brighter green with clearly pale blue flowers. I have a few that look as though they are somewhere in the middle, but on closer inspection I think they fall into the 'violet' group.
On the violet flower type I have seen the sage green glass vary from almost opaque to very translucent. On the pale blue flower type i have only seen translucent green glass, but it is often stripy.

Hope this helps!
(from a huge AF enthusiast Very Happy Embarassed )

Oh my Lord, I'm coming to live at your house! cyclops

Last edited by Pandabee(uk) on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by lecohen Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:41 pm

I am OBSESSED with this bead, I have 5 but desperate for more

I will post a pic
lecohen
lecohen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lecohen Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:41 pm

here is 4 of them

So what is the real difference between antique flowers? - Page 2 300320111143
lecohen
lecohen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2