BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I found a caterpillar in the US if anyone wants it

+9
trollala
Chewbacca
Wintertroll
Brightonbelle
Trollseeker
Pond
Rainbow
Anna
idoru_meta
13 posters

Go down

I found a caterpillar in the US if anyone wants it Empty I found a caterpillar in the US if anyone wants it

Post by idoru_meta Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:41 pm

I obviously can't buy it because it is in the US, but my loss is your gain:

I found a caterpillar in the US if anyone wants it IMG_6323-2

It is $85. First US trollie to reply to this thread gets a PM with the website address!

xxx
idoru_meta
idoru_meta
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

I found a caterpillar in the US if anyone wants it Empty Re: I found a caterpillar in the US if anyone wants it

Post by idoru_meta Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:21 am

No takers...?

I have to log off soon, so here is the link:

http://www.trollbeadsgallery.com/product/Unique-2824.aspx

Good luck getting it if it is your dream bead, I hope you cherish it Smile
x
idoru_meta
idoru_meta
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

I found a caterpillar in the US if anyone wants it Empty Re: I found a caterpillar in the US if anyone wants it

Post by Anna Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:31 am

It's lovely but too much for me. I hope I find one one day for a more reasonable price.
Anna
Anna
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://www.angelofgrace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:55 am

its so nice but again too much for me xxx
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Pond Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:21 am

That site is always sooooo expensive.
Pond
Pond
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollseeker Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:19 pm

just found ....perhaps anybody is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.de/retired-trollbeads-anniversary-caterpillar-/330542024364?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_146&hash=item4cf5d706ac
Trollseeker
Trollseeker
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:30 am

beautiful but too much for me xxxx
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:31 am

Hahahaha - joke prices.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintertroll Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:00 pm

So, I went to TBG site but the cat is gone (not that I would buy OOAKs for that, don't agree with jacking up the prices just because you can). But I noticed that they're selling the new agates as OOAKs? Is that right? I had heard/read repeatedly that they are production.
Wintertroll
Wintertroll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Chewbacca Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Wintertroll wrote:So, I went to TBG site but the cat is gone (not that I would buy OOAKs for that, don't agree with jacking up the prices just because you can). But I noticed that they're selling the new agates as OOAKs? Is that right? I had heard/read repeatedly that they are production.

Well, they are kind of OOAKs, but they are part of the line... I think the prices were raised too. Aren't they $35 now instead of $31? Maybe they are called OOAKs because they all look so different...
Chewbacca
Chewbacca
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollala Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Pond wrote:That site is always sooooo expensive.

Yes why is that I thought TB had fixed prices. How can she be more expensive Mad
trollala
trollala
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by beadbrain Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:37 pm

trollala wrote:
Pond wrote:That site is always sooooo expensive.

Yes why is that I thought TB had fixed prices. How can she be more expensive Mad

As I understand it, they (TB/Lund?) have MINIMUM suggested retail prices that retailers cannot go below, but the sky is the limit if they want to charge more. I have been in shops that sell regular production beads for $2-3 more than listed prices (needless to say, I left empty-handed Rolling Eyes ), but I find that MOST brick and mortar stores are priced according to the brochures.

As for OOAKS I have seen them in ACTUAL shops for anywhere from $35 - $45, but online $55 - $98 seems to be the norm!!
beadbrain
beadbrain
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by stephenie Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:12 pm

I have three LD within reasonable driving distance and only one of them raises their prices to ridiculous amounts on retired beads and LE beads (never seen a ooak in their shop but I'm sure those would be sky high too). Unfortunately, I think the online shops prey on those who don't have LD's near them or don't have LD's that get OOAK. Even though $85 is sky high, it would probably sell for that much on Ebay and I guess this way you know you are buying from a legitimate retailer.
stephenie
stephenie
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninbey Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:24 pm

I hate to say this, but I was desperate for a cat bead many, many months ago, and I had the opportunity to purchase TWO matching ones just like the one pictured for $98.00 each. I sent one to a Trollie friend who was as desperate for one as I was, and I have not seen one for sale anywhere since. Yes, it was an obscenely crazy price for a "blob of glass" as my non-Trollie friends say, but that is why dealers can get away with selling them at that price. In this case, I am part of the problem (and shoppers like me), but what is the solution?
Ninbey
Ninbey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by stephenie Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:04 am

I guess there isn't really a solution if they don't put this style into regular production. If you are happy with your bead, then it was a good decision for you. Very Happy
stephenie
stephenie
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:36 pm

But what a lovely bead, I guess I'm part of the problem too Wink
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down