BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert kits

3 posters

Go down

Desert kits Empty Desert kits

Post by Reive Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:59 am

I want to start a desert project (using predominantly RBF silvers as I love the egyptian themed beads they have) and thought that I might kick start this by investing in my first ever bead kit! Problem is that there appear to be 2 desert kits and I was wondering which one people thought was the nicer of the 2? Stock photos dont show much difference between them (looks like just one bead?) is this true? Also does anyone owning this kit think that it works well or am I better off buying individual beads?

Thanks!!
Reive
Reive
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Desert kits Empty Re: Desert kits

Post by LindaJo Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:22 pm

What you are probably seeing is photos of the old Desert kit and the new Desert Sun Kit. The old Desert Kit had Deep Bubbles and Blue Desert in it. The new Desert Sun Kit replaces those two with Golden Thread, Brown, and (a golden pinky one I'm not sure of)? .

So the new one leans more to pinky golden tones.

If I were choosing between the 2 kits, I would probably get the new Desert Sun kit, especially if I were ordering it rather than seeing it in person. The Deep Bubbles bead in the old kit varies a lot and can be rather ugly.

Now you've made me curious, I'm still looking for a site that lists the exact beads in the new Desert Sun Kit.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Maybe the Blue desert is still in the Desert Sun Kit, it's just a particularly glittery one in the stock photo.

By the way, most of the Golden Thread, Brown beads I've seen tend to be quite reddish brown. More reddish than you'd think from the stock picture.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Reive Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Yep, I couldn't find a listing of what was in the new kit either so was trying to figure it out just looking at the picture but it looked like the blue desert and pink desert beads were still in there?

Thanks!
Reive
Reive
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nkara Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Yes, Deep Bubbles was replaced with Golden Thread in the new kit, so both blue and pink desert are still in the new Desert Kit.
Nkara
Nkara
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down