BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to find ... US loop turners and other tips - how to!

+13
Jan
Wintertroll
LindaJo
prin
hayseed
GRUMPY
arielle
retiredk9racer
Fuzzyfeet
ahmotheroftwo
Megram
Blairkj
Bluesybeads
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where to find ... US loop turners and other tips - how to! - Page 2 Empty Re: Where to find ... US loop turners and other tips - how to!

Post by prin Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Megram wrote:Hi Bluesbaby, I think you mean a loop turner ... this is a link to one on UK site ... try searching on yours for similar .. hope the link works Very Happy

ebay.co.uk/itm/LOOP-TURNER-SEWING-rouleau-straps-belts-CRAFTS-Hemline-/400054298221?pt=UK_Crafts_Sewing_Supplies_MJ&hash=item5d2518266d#ht_731wt_821

is there a search term we could use
prin
prin
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Where to find ... US loop turners and other tips - how to! - Page 2 Empty Re: Where to find ... US loop turners and other tips - how to!

Post by Megram Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:52 pm

prin wrote:
is there a search term we could use

Don't need to search now prin ... GRUMPY has posted a solution, bless her, I will be forever grateful ... see posts above Very Happy

Megram
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:53 pm

Working link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOOP-TURNER-SEWING-rouleau-straps-belts-CRAFTS-Hemline-/400054298221?pt=UK_Crafts_Sewing_Supplies_MJ&hash=item5d2518266d#ht_731wt_821
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:23 am

Click here for a loop turner in the UK this will help you put your bracelets together .. I tend to remove the little latch with plyers they get in the way. I use several of them regularly with a bead board.
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Megram Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:18 am

GRUMPY .. thanks for that link for prin ... I was addled cos when I was sending my posts they weren't appearing ... so I returned later to do & thought prin was referring to the bracelet buddy Sad That'll teach me to check after I've pruned down a quote Bang head Smile

Megram
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Laugh I haven't heard of a roach clip in decades!
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintertroll Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Linda Jo, two pages of posts and you pick out the term "roach clip". You crack me up Razz !!!
Wintertroll
Wintertroll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:24 pm

GRUMPY wrote:a simple thin bit of ribbon .. pull it through the big ring of bracelet hold it with your fingers of the hand that the bracelet goes on, and than take the lock with other hand and close, pull ribbon through the ring to remove it.... magic somewhere is a youtube film showing it. alternatively the safety chain works similar
Dental floss works, too, and I always have it when I travel so I don't need to pack my loop turner. It also works great for putting the stoppers on if you don't have a loop-turner.
Jan
Jan
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by mrinn Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:34 am

retiredk9racer wrote:I have something called a Bracelet Buddy - it looks like a roach clip and is about 6 or 7 inches long. You clip it onto the loop end of the bracelet and hold it in your hand. Then with the loop end not moving, you can maneuver the clasp onto the loop end. I find it expecially helpful with my greyhound lock. I got mine at a store called Claire's here in the US. It is a store that caters to pre-teens, mainly. I had to describe it as roach clip to the salesgirl - not sure what that says about this young generation - at least I grew up in the 60's and 70's!! Laughing

This is hilarious, because this evening I was trying to explain a bracelet buddy to my mother, and the term "roach clip" kept popping into my head, knowing she wouldn't understand. ( I am of a certain age to remember that term) She may finally get her first TB bracelet from me for Mother's Day if I can convince her that she could get the bracelet on herself. She loved my TB ring and got herself one, and now is always saying how pretty my bracelet is. I figure if she doesn't like it, I can take it back for myself, Razz
mrinn
mrinn
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by chocoholic Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:05 am

In the UK you can get loop turners at John Lewis too, in the haberdashery section Smile

I also have a few small crochet hooks - not really long enough to store beads on, but handy for moving them quickly. Also, they're small enough I can keep one in my handbag in case I go bead shopping and need to try a bead on the bracelet I'm wearing with minimal fuss... always best to be prepared Laughing
chocoholic
chocoholic
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by marilyn k novak Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:23 pm

I work at Joann Fabrics and never thought of a loop turner for putting a bracelet together!! Thanks for ALL the great ideas *** I love this forum!!
marilyn k novak
marilyn k novak
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Wed May 02, 2012 4:49 pm

I bought one of these for organizing the beads prior to putting them on a bracelet and it includes the acrylic rod with a hook on the end to thread them on the chain. It works LIKE A CHARM!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220988134317#ht_859wt_1185

I also use a ribbon (as in Grumpy's suggestion) to help put bracelets on and that also works perfect. Unfortunately, I can't find the YouTube link for the video showing how it's done, but it's dead simple!
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2