BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

most desirable trollbeads ooak?

+30
trollmoll
Beady-Eyed
pandapharm
jlfritz
Elsie
mermaidspurse
Bluesybeads
Nancy
Tee
retiredk9racer
zuzu's petals
trollgirly
Wildthing
niceday
Rainbow
Chuck
Fleur
unicorn1976
Blairkj
Corrie
Tatiana
Fairy3
arielle
Brightonbelle
DblJJ
cyndiinphilly
wiggy
trollcat
Michelle
soxfan
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

most desirable trollbeads ooak? - Page 2 Empty Re: most desirable trollbeads ooak?

Post by Michelle Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:27 pm

I have seen some very beautious ooak beads not all are what I need at the time.

Last edited by Michelle on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling but it is still not right.)

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

most desirable trollbeads ooak? - Page 2 Empty Re: most desirable trollbeads ooak?

Post by zuzu's petals Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:37 pm

I'm not sure what is meant by desirable OOAKS? The one that is the rarest, the one that people will pay the most for? The majority of beads that I collect are OOAKS so I think most are desirable. I Love them.
zuzu's petals
zuzu's petals
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:48 pm

zuzu's petals wrote:I'm not sure what is meant by desirable OOAKS? The one that is the rarest, the one that people will pay the most for? The majority of beads that I collect are OOAKS so I think most are desirable. I Love them.

yeah, I was thinking along the lines of which ones fetch big money and are hard to come by.
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:51 pm

I think that glitter spiros fall into that category. I saw one not too long ago go for over $400 on eBay. I am lucky enough to have traded for one. As far as people falling all over themselves to find certain beads among the UUs - it seems to be the dice and grape beads. Dillos seem to be far and few between on the UUs as well.

Out of curiousity, I checked the TBG website and didn't see the TB Fest dillo there. What did she want for it?
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:54 pm

Why does this matter anyway? Tastes will change and many of the popular beads will end up being ignored. It is only a few that were produced in very small numbers that will retain their value unless Trollbeads suddenly decides to produce more.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:57 pm

Even 'big money and hard to come by', changes practically on the wind though.

At the height on the Pink Armadillo phase, they were changing hands for seriously silly money, now, very little, again the LE gem ooaks when they first came out, the Fossil Jasper was selling for around £260 Shocked Now, about £60.

It is odd how people must have what is hard to obtain, look how much this listing is up to for a yellow armadillo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Authentic-Trollbeads-OOAK-YELLOW-ARMADILLO-Trollbead-/170714059851?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D300609462230%252B300609462230%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3686436139285172307

Yet how many people love Banana? Basically the same bead but not a dillo, unless you are mental for yellow, that bead is going to be pretty hard to use and is quite ugly imo.

Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:59 pm

A lot of it is about the balance between supply and demand and who is hyping what IMO.

Last edited by Brightonbelle on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:04 pm

unicorn1976 wrote:I'm lucky enough to own a turtle and a fish ooak, but I saw a ladybug once, would love that!
What does the fish OOAK look like?

Tee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:11 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:Why does this matter anyway? Tastes will change and many of the popular beads will end up being ignored. It is only a few that were produced in very small numbers that will retain their value unless Trollbeads suddenly decides to produce more.

true. I have so many beads I "had to have" and I don't wear some of them.
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:11 pm

Tee wrote:
unicorn1976 wrote:I'm lucky enough to own a turtle and a fish ooak, but I saw a ladybug once, would love that!

Like this

http://www.beadsensation.com/images/stories/trollpedia/trollbeads-ooak-fish.jpg
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:12 pm

That is quite a fancy fish. There are cruder versions too.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:15 pm

The ooak fish is so cool. I've never seen one before.
Nancy
Nancy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzu's petals Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:19 pm

[quote
At the height on the Pink Armadillo phase, they were changing hands for seriously silly money, now, very little, again the LE gem ooaks when they first came out, the Fossil Jasper was selling for around £260 Shocked Now, about £60.
[/quote]

For me that is the reasons I would not pay those prices, and as BB said it changes all the time. There are
so many great beads out there. I don't really want to get caught up in all of that. I bought a domino not
that long ago, thought I might be fun. I paid normal UU price. I have to say I don't really like it nearly as
much as a lot of my other beads.
zuzu's petals
zuzu's petals
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:22 pm

Wildthing wrote:
Tee wrote:

Like this

http://www.beadsensation.com/images/stories/trollpedia/trollbeads-ooak-fish.jpg

Love this! I hadn't seen one before Embarassed

Tee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:24 pm

zuzu's petals wrote:[quote
At the height on the Pink Armadillo phase, they were changing hands for seriously silly money, now, very little, again the LE gem ooaks when they first came out, the Fossil Jasper was selling for around £260 Now, about £60.

For me that is the reasons I would not pay those prices, and as BB said it changes all the time. There are
so many great beads out there. I don't really want to get caught up in all of that. I bought a domino not
that long ago, thought I might be fun. I paid normal UU price. I have to say I don't really like it nearly as
much as a lot of my other beads.[/quote]

Totally agree, I have never paid more than glass I for an ooak and never would.
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:28 pm

Would love a fish if I found one at regular price, but if I must join in - well this photo says it all Laughing

most desirable trollbeads ooak? - Page 2 Dsc04827

Last edited by Bluesybeads on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:28 pm

I do think the spiros are stunning little works of art Very Happy
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:35 pm

niceday wrote:I do think the spiros are stunning little works of art Very Happy

They are great but that doesn't make me want to spend big money to get one. It is just a lovely bead that passed me by.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:37 pm

I must admit x I bought myself an artisan spiro for £6 xx I expect its not as nice but its fine for me xxx
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:47 pm

There are OOAKs I really like, like the Daisy OOAKs
most desirable trollbeads ooak? - Page 2 Daisy_Bead
but I was never ready to pay unholy amounts of money for one I wanted. Sooner or later many of them become undesired or you can be lucky and find a cheap one like I did. But I like unusual uniques, especially retro style patterns and symbols and was lucky to find a longevity and an Om bead recently, both for glass 1 price.
One I haven't seen very often is my little 'dwarf' OOAK:
most desirable trollbeads ooak? - Page 2 TROLLbead
And a Paisley TB:
most desirable trollbeads ooak? - Page 2 Paisley
I like unusual ones, not necessarily gorgeous ones, i.e. I'm not fond of spiros. But as always and with everything (not only TBs): Just personal taste Wink
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:52 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:
niceday wrote:I do think the spiros are stunning little works of art Very Happy

They are great but that doesn't make me want to spend big money to get one. It is just a lovely bead that passed me by.

I would not spend big money on any Trollbead , To me no bead is worth more than retail price.

But thats just me, if people are willing to spend big money good luck to them Very Happy you should just do what makes you happy Very Happy Very Happy
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:57 pm

These are my two favourite ooaks ,the first one was trollgifted to me as a total surprise xx its so special xx

most desirable trollbeads ooak? - Page 2 5-1

and my other favourite ooak (the white glitter bead) was a present from my girls xx

most desirable trollbeads ooak? - Page 2 1-1
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzu's petals Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:03 am

MM all three are so beautiful. I have never seen that paisley nor the
the little dwarf. He is so wonderful I love the colors on him he has the
arts and crafts look to him.
zuzu's petals
zuzu's petals
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:12 am

Tatiana wrote:I have a dream ooak bead, the turquoise caterpillar Rolling Eyes Hopefully someday I find one of those Sad .... second in my ooaks wish list is the teal dillo with blue base.....dreams! sigh! Crying or Very sad
Has anyone got a photo to post of the turquoise caterpillar...please. Surprised

Tee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:24 am

Rainbow wrote:These are my two favourite ooaks ,the first one was trollgifted to me as a total surprise xx its so special xx

most desirable trollbeads ooak? - Page 2 5-1

and my other favourite ooak (the white glitter bead) was a present from my girls xx

most desirable trollbeads ooak? - Page 2 1-1

OMG that looks like fireflies except much more beautiful! WOW!
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next