BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to wear your greyhound lock...

+33
Trollfee
Kathleen
mermaidspurse
soxfan
vampbutterfly
hildejanbroers
Engel
TrollsRus
margiegoodwin
ldotson
lobby
roxieboo
Beadgirl
Pond
BeadThrilled
lecohen
zuzu's petals
SnorkMaiden
Merlyn
snowy
Carla
Librarylil
Trolls
Lengoa
Amanda Mac (Dot)
LindaJo
ariellestreasuresbox
Blairkj
mucki
DblJJ
Jules
Anna
Smaug
37 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... - Page 2 Empty Re: How to wear your greyhound lock...

Post by snowy Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:19 pm

zuzu's petals wrote:Love it Sita, I wish I could have done that to mine. It really gives a
much more finished look.

I´m sure you can find these clasps at your local jeweler / goldsmith. As I had no name for the clasps I took a pic with me and my jeweler knew exactly where to find them.

snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... - Page 2 Empty Re: How to wear your greyhound lock...

Post by Pond Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:41 pm

If I ever break down and buy a second Greyhound Lock, I shall use this type of clasps for attachment. They are more decorative and I do like to wear mine as the center of my leather necklace.
Pond
Pond
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadgirl Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:34 pm

I have found these claps on ebay finally, they are called Albert swivel clasps. Going to order some and get my jeweller to attach. Smile
Beadgirl
Beadgirl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:52 pm

Sita, I have a question about the swivel clasps. Did you have rings added to attach them to the Greyhound lock or were the ends of the swivels cut and soldered?

One end from the picture looks like it has a ring, the other doesn't. Thanks for the pictures and the idea.

Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadThrilled Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Carla wrote:Sita, I have a question about the swivel clasps. Did you have rings added to attach them to the Greyhound lock or were the ends of the swivels cut and soldered?

One end from the picture looks like it has a ring, the other doesn't. Thanks for the pictures and the idea.
My clasps were first cut and then soldered back. This is a picture of such a clasp. These are the smallest available, 19 mm.

lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... - Page 2 D70d7011

My jeweler is a goldsmith himself, he advised me to attach the clasps without an additional ring though it is more work to have it this way. Imo it simply looks better.
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Thank you, Sita. Now to find a jeweler I can trust.
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by roxieboo Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Last year, when I got it, I had my GH lock attached with half of the TB Basic Lock on one side and permanantly attached to the TB chain on the other. I have to say that I've never been happy with it as the lack of symmetry is extremely bothersome to me. I've never even worn it and found an Urnes Bracelet to satisfy my GH craving instead. I do, however, love the look with the bigger fancy clasps on both sides of the GH. I think I will have to take mine back to the jeweler for reworking. I love those braided leathers too. Thanks for sharing.
roxieboo
roxieboo
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:54 pm

roxieboo wrote:Last year, when I got it, I had my GH lock attached with half of the TB Basic Lock on one side and permanantly attached to the TB chain on the other. I have to say that I've never been happy with it as the lack of symmetry is extremely bothersome to me.

I can understand you, Roxieboo. I never wanted a GH as I didn´t like the look of the attached normal clasps Embarassed So THANKS to Sita and Brightonbelle, who found the Albert Swivel clasps, I´m now the happy owner of a GH that I love. I´ve worn it on my necklace with naughty dragon today Jump Looks fantastic.

You really should get it reworked - I promise You´ll love it !
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzu's petals Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:26 pm

If I recall correctly your lock was shipped directly from DK to the USA?
I could ask these additional clasps from my jeweler and ship these on to you. But you could also try to get these from your local jeweler.

These clasps need to be attached to the greyhound lock as depicted above with the circles. The arrows point to the part that opens and can be attached to chains, leathers etc.

Should you wish to have a lock done like this I could either order a new lock from D4E for you and have my jeweler modify it, or have you ship your lock to me and I'll ship the (spare) one I have here ready.[/quote]

Hi Sita Yes you are right I had it shipped to the US from DK. It's funny I had it put together by my jeweler. Where I live not too many small jewelers. I thought I had used a small bracelet the ones I use with my flower or fish lock. It was way too big on me, and had to bring it back to be reattached to another smaller bracelet. I think he would think I am total crazy if I brought it back for a third time.LOL
I wouldn't mind having another GH lock, but right now I have been spending a little too much. Also
think I would like to get both the Swiss world Tour bead and Japan first. How much would the clasps be?Maybe I can do it later. It really does look much neater with the clasps. I am also thinking that you
can change bracelets with this set up. Am I correct. Thank you Sita for being so kind to offer.

Also Thank you Snowy I did look on Ebay. I'm not sure if they sell these clasps in the US but did see them on International Ebay.
zuzu's petals
zuzu's petals
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzu's petals Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Sorry if I should post this here.
My greyhound with new UU's. I've been buying way too many UU's
but as Robert Palmer once said, I find them simply irresistible!

lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... - Page 2 Uupurp10
zuzu's petals
zuzu's petals
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by lobby Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 am

Oh this is a extremely informative thread.....and all the pictures are so clear. Love the greyhound with the leather....gives an entirely different look....thanks so much for all the information..... Very Happy
This is a wonderful way to attach the greyhound lock and have it really blend in.... Love the new UU as well

Last edited by lobby on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
lobby
lobby
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ldotson Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Thank you all! I just swapped for a greyhound lock and this is so helpful in allowing me to view some options on how it can be worn! This is such a wonderful forum!!
ldotson
ldotson
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by margiegoodwin Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:13 am

I love the look of the GH lock ,clasps and leather!
You all have so many wonderful ideas!
Love Love Love
margiegoodwin
margiegoodwin
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollsRus Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:44 am

TFS Sita...Fantastic Designs Smile

TrollsRus
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:26 am

zuzu's petals wrote:Sorry if I should post this here.
My greyhound with new UU's. I've been buying way too many UU's
but as Robert Palmer once said, I find them simply irresistible!

lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... - Page 2 Uupurp10

all your greyhounds are stunning! someday I will have mine too. *sigh*
and have it soldered forever to the bracelet (I just plan on making one bracelet, maximum two if the greyhound lock is too big and when Im done with my bracelet I need to divide it into two parts or something. but it is my dream lock and I joined this forum searching information about it!
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

http://pinterest.com/uilaengelblank/ http://uilaengelblank.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hildejanbroers Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:53 pm

beautiful Love
hildejanbroers
hildejanbroers
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by vampbutterfly Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:58 pm

Is there a sign up list to order these locks?
vampbutterfly
vampbutterfly
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:52 pm

I have a greyhound lock coming. Can you PERMANENTLY attach ONE side of the greyhound lock to the bracelet and use the lobster clasp with the other side? What would this look like?
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:07 pm

soxfan wrote:I have a greyhound lock coming. Can you PERMANENTLY attach ONE side of the greyhound lock to the bracelet and use the lobster clasp with the other side? What would this look like?
Sure you can! I have the smaller part attached permanently and used the bigger part of one basic lock as a lobster clasp and had that attached to the Greyhound lock. As I'm not a big fan of symmetry anyway, this solution never bothered me.
I think you can see it quite good here:
lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... - Page 2 KelpInnuit
For a necklace I'd prefer the bigger clasps on both sides though, they look like on a watch chain, absolutely stunning Drool !
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:12 pm

I am SO tempted to do a permanent combo with it!!!!! Shocked
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadThrilled Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:15 pm

soxfan wrote:I have a greyhound lock coming. Can you PERMANENTLY attach ONE side of the greyhound lock to the bracelet and use the lobster clasp with the other side? What would this look like?
For those that can access the 'shop', you can find a few options here:
http://www.beadthrilled.com/t1734-greyhound-lock-please-update-if-attachment-to-chain-is-wanted#25137

And I've made a few designs with my locks:
http://www.beadthrilled.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-Smaug/Personal-album-of-Smaug-cat_u3.htm
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:17 pm

thanks sita! My neighbor is a jeweler, so if I find any new awesome way to wear it, I will post it here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:24 pm

soxfan wrote:I am SO tempted to do a permanent combo with it!!!!! Shocked
If you're sure that you don't want to use the beads in another combo, I think it's the best way how to use it, it looks so gorgeous without any extra 'attachements' cheers cheers !
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:28 pm

it's so scary though because it's permanent! Laughing
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:30 pm

Sita, if we put ourselves on the list for a Greyhound lock, is the price the same as at D4E?
The price you quote seems so much cheaper of has it risen meanwhile? Thank you!
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next