BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to wear your greyhound lock...

+33
Trollfee
Kathleen
mermaidspurse
soxfan
vampbutterfly
hildejanbroers
Engel
TrollsRus
margiegoodwin
ldotson
lobby
roxieboo
Beadgirl
Pond
BeadThrilled
lecohen
zuzu's petals
SnorkMaiden
Merlyn
snowy
Carla
Librarylil
Trolls
Lengoa
Amanda Mac (Dot)
LindaJo
ariellestreasuresbox
Blairkj
mucki
DblJJ
Jules
Anna
Smaug
37 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... Empty How to wear your greyhound lock...

Post by Smaug Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:14 pm

In case you wonder how to wear your greyhound lock these examples might appeal to you... Wink

First some examples of the clasps that are attached to the greyhound lock and how it looks when it is attached to a chain....

Silver Single Lobster Clasp
lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... D49768da-1

Silver Double Lobster Clasp
lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... 96dd4607-1

Silver Double Luxe Clasp
lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... Db430ce4-1

The turquoise and petrol metallic leather are from Ingrid_wd on DaWanda and fits Trollbeads.
The black leather is a Thomas Sabo leather (2009), only a few Trollbeads fit this leather.

And not to forget... thank you Brightonbelle for the idea of attaching these musketon-type clasps!
lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... 6e96c3d4-1 lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... 5c6b8079-1lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... 7e164702lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... 5652529alock - How to wear your greyhound lock... 618889f0
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... Empty Re: How to wear your greyhound lock...

Post by Anna Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Soooo beautiful!
Anna
Anna
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://www.angelofgrace.com

Back to top Go down

lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... Empty Re: How to wear your greyhound lock...

Post by Jules Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Great find Samug and yes agreed.... well done BB for the idea of the Musketon clasps...
Jules
Jules
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by DblJJ Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:07 pm

Jules wrote:Great find Samug and yes agreed.... well done BB for the idea of the Musketon clasps...

Where can the Musketon clasps be found? Smaug and BB you both deserve a boatload of thanks. Great Job Very Happy Smile Very Happy bounce bounce bounce
DblJJ
DblJJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Likely your jeweler may have similar clasps. These came from my jeweler and when you have no lock yet you can opt to order one and have it modified this way....
http://www.beadthrilled.com/t1734-greyhound-lock-please-update-if-attachment-to-chain-is-wanted#25137
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mucki Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Love it Sita!! thnx for sharing!
mucki
mucki
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Blairkj Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Beautiful. I love the turquoise leather. Nice that Trollbeads will work on it.
Blairkj
Blairkj
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by ariellestreasuresbox Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi Sita,

very nice photos Smile

I'm very surprised, what you made with my letherbands Wink
ariellestreasuresbox
ariellestreasuresbox
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

http://de.dawanda.com/shop/arielles-treasure-box

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:44 am

Hi, arielle! Nice to see the artist here. Sita does have a good eye for things, doesn't she?
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:26 am

It looks stunning like this!
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lengoa Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:22 am

I really adore that combination with the Musketon clasps Very Happy . Are they easy to add to the GreyHound lock?
Lengoa
Lengoa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:23 am

Thanks girls for your hard research work! I really like the Albert style swivel clasp on the turquoise leather..
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Librarylil Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. I just got mine and am anxious to find the clasps to attach mine to a bracelet. Very Happy
Librarylil
Librarylil
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:58 am

Sita, I have been searching forever for a braided leather for TBs, Thank you for finding them. Is your greyhound detachable on the Turquoise leather?
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:28 am

@Carla, the Greyhound lock on the Turquoise leather bracelet is attached by 2 "Musketon" clasps, so it can be be detached from both ends. (I know these clasps as Albert swivel clasps here)
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Ahh.. now I have a name for these "Musketon" clasps.
I was seeing my jeweler on saturday and he told me, that these clasps are usually used for pocket watches.
He is trying to find smaller ones or remodel the bigger ones he had Smile
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:42 pm

I think the bigger ones would look great on leather.
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlyn Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:46 pm

It looks so lovely on those gorgeous leather bracelets. The pics of you wearing the bracelets are great, shows them off really well!
Merlyn
Merlyn
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:01 pm

I thought I´d share the look of the pocketwatch clasps on a silver chain. My jeweler remodelled the clasps a little bit and now they fit perfect on the normal silver chain - even on the small loop.
The total lenght of the lock is 6,3 cm.

lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... Dsc02211
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:01 am

@snowy, your jeweller did a fantastic job!
I'm still waiting for mine to get done...I'm having my swivel part soldered, as this is the part that breaks quickly, I know from experience.
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:03 am

snowy wrote:I thought I´d share the look of the pocketwatch clasps on a silver chain. My jeweler remodelled the clasps a little bit and now they fit perfect on the normal silver chain - even on the small loop.
The total lenght of the lock is 6,3 cm.

lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... Dsc02211
Wow, that is awesome. They're a bit different from the ones I can have done. Love it!
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnorkMaiden Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:25 am

Snowy, I think I choose the same clasps!Wink Mine is still at the jeweller's.
SnorkMaiden
SnorkMaiden
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzu's petals Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:25 am

Love it Sita, I wish I could have done that to mine. It really gives a
much more finished look. Does it open on both ends I'm not able to
see.
zuzu's petals
zuzu's petals
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by lecohen Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Gorge, that turq leather is soooooo lovely as well!

I love the lock I had altered with these clasps Smile
lecohen
lecohen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadThrilled Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:42 pm

zuzu's petals wrote:Love it Sita, I wish I could have done that to mine. It really gives a
much more finished look. Does it open on both ends I'm not able to
see.
lock - How to wear your greyhound lock... 425c4a0b

If I recall correctly your lock was shipped directly from DK to the USA?
I could ask these additional clasps from my jeweler and ship these on to you. But you could also try to get these from your local jeweler.

These clasps need to be attached to the greyhound lock as depicted above with the circles. The arrows point to the part that opens and can be attached to chains, leathers etc.

Should you wish to have a lock done like this I could either order a new lock from D4E for you and have my jeweler modify it, or have you ship your lock to me and I'll ship the (spare) one I have here ready.
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next