BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can one have too much scales beads ?

+18
Fuzzyfeet
Wintertroll
snowy
Artemis
Merlyn
ZAKLINZ
Chewbacca
lecohen
Ninbey
zuzu's petals
SnorkMaiden
Rainbow
wiggy
Molamola
saracat
Wildthing
LindaJo
Fleur
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can one have too much scales beads ? Empty Can one have too much scales beads ?

Post by Fleur Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Ok, I don't know if anyone will understand my babbling - but.... let me tell you the story:
When I've bought my midnight scales, I've left two other scales beads in the shop.
I thought, that I do have enough glass/scales/everything and tried to be a good girl.
But I can't get the one out of my head....
It's opaque white with grey and rose scales, very pretty and a nice medium sized bead. I can see it with my Christmas in Australia, bicones and pearls in a combo.......
BUT: on the other hand I'd love even more to find one of the champagne bubbles although there's quite little hope, because our local shops don't take new ooks.
So, what to do?
Buy the scales (if it is still there!!!) or wait for a miracle to happen (that means finding a light blue champagne bubbles) ?

The second scales bead was a sky blue on a clear base. Don't know if it is still there either, but if anyone is looking for this colour I can have an eye on it.
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Can one have too much scales beads ? Empty Re: Can one have too much scales beads ?

Post by LindaJo Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:41 pm

I'd go for the scales, but maybe that's because I want the Australia set!
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Can one have too much scales beads ? Empty Re: Can one have too much scales beads ?

Post by Wildthing Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:14 pm

I found I didn't like them and have just sold my last one, so for me, yes, you can.

However if you like them I would grab the other one as I don't think they are being made anymore.
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by saracat Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:34 pm

I still don't have one! But if I saw one I would snap it up so I say go back and buy it!
saracat
saracat
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Molamola Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:36 pm

You can't have too many if they are as lovely sounding as that. I'd go back and get it, a bird in the hand and all that.
Molamola
Molamola
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by wiggy Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:57 pm

Scales beads are very popular...so get it, and if you don`t get on with it...swap it for a champagne bubbles. Cool
wiggy
wiggy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:59 pm

get it! and if you decide later you dont want it pass it on for a a swap x
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by SnorkMaiden Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Get back and get it, and if you don't want it, I will gladly take it off your hands! Twisted Evil

(and the sky blue one, too - I'd love both of them Rolling Eyes Embarassed )
SnorkMaiden
SnorkMaiden
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzu's petals Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:35 pm

No you can never have enough scales. As said, there are so many trollies out there who want them, and can't find them. They are easily swapped or sold. Agree
zuzu's petals
zuzu's petals
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninbey Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:25 pm

I love scales! I say go get both of them if they are still available and figure it out later! Lucky you! I don't think I've ever found a scales bead at a dealer's!
Ninbey
Ninbey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by lecohen Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:14 am

What everyone else said, go get!!!
lecohen
lecohen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lecohen Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:14 am

:-)
lecohen
lecohen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Chewbacca Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:04 am

Go get it of course! I love the scales beads! I'm not sure if they have ever turned up in the US besides on the Haiti sets. Anyone see any lately? There are a few colors I would love to find!
Chewbacca
Chewbacca
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:24 am

I say get them, too. I haven't seen one here yet. I would love to find some!!
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlyn Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:36 am

I'd definitely go for the scales ... a bird in the hand and all that and it sounds really unusual Very Happy
Merlyn
Merlyn
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:44 am

Get it get it!! They are wonderful beads and you might be able to help someone else out even if you decide you don't want them yourself possibly with a swap for something you do want Smile
Artemis
Artemis
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:59 am

If Snork backs out I´m willing to adopt the scales Razz

I have found neither scales nor champagne bubbles lately - well, no nice OOAKs at all !
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintertroll Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Scales, my favorite OOAKs. You are so lucky. I have been hunting and hunting but they are no where to be found around here. I have even found glitter spiros and champagne bubbles but no scales. Go buy those beads!
Wintertroll
Wintertroll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks to all of you Hug

I just came back from the store.
The scales have still been there.
The blue one has been badly (!!!) chipped near the core. Maybe I could have got it for less, but don't want to offer damaged beads!
So I've only bought the white/grey/pink one.
Will have some trollplay and post pics tomorrow.
Let's see, how it works in a combo.

If one day I should meet other scales beads in a shop, I will take them to be offered here.

Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:16 pm

Yay ! Glad you got it, its always worth getting any desirable beads as you can always swap them Very Happy
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipop Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:42 pm

Did you get them?!!!
If not, go and buy them both!!!!!
They are one of my favourite styles of bead, and I agree that if you don't like them you can easily sell them on or swap them... maybe someone will even swap you for a pale blue champagne bubbles??
Oh and to answer your question, until I have one of every colour I will never have enought scales Wink
Lollipop
Lollipop
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Gnome Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:45 pm

It's been only 6 months since I got my first trollbead and I have come to the realization that there is no such thing as "too many beads"! So, to answer your question, nope not too many by a long shot!

Great bracelet!
Mini Gnome
Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipop Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:25 pm

Fleur wrote:Thanks to all of you Hug

I just came back from the store.
The scales have still been there.
The blue one has been badly (!!!) chipped near the core. Maybe I could have got it for less, but don't want to offer damaged beads!
So I've only bought the white/grey/pink one.
Will have some trollplay and post pics tomorrow.
Let's see, how it works in a combo.

If one day I should meet other scales beads in a shop, I will take them to be offered here.

I see your post now - it wasn't showing for me earlier for some reason... (I am hopeless though so I could just have missed it lol).
I wouldn't have bought a damaged bead either, no matter how special Sad
Can't wait to see your pics!!! Very Happy
Lollipop
Lollipop
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:35 pm

I've added the pics here Very Happy
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:51 pm

Congratulations on your new Scales beads, stunning beads!
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next