BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That was then and this is now

+12
Jules
Mini Gnome
TrollEcat
reltan
trollcat
ceruleanbluebird
kyhalfpt
Fuzzyfeet
bubbagump
Cloverbead
Trollperle
Wildthing
16 posters

Go down

That was then and this is now Empty That was then and this is now

Post by Wildthing Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:42 pm

Not the most exciting viewing, having been dead set against permanent combos for years and years, I now make ...... permanent combos Laughing

First (as it is the oldest) is my 'all the time' bracelet, I very rarely take this off and as a result the lock is now a bit temperamental and may need to be replaced at some point, this has pretty much remained the same for a few years now give or take a bead or two, I love it above everything else in my collection sunny

That was then and this is now P1120934_zps2ogld3w2
That was then and this is now P1120932_zpsflrjfkoq

Next oldest is my 'Hansel and Gretel' bracelet, I made this when I was involved in a producion of the fairy tale nearly two years ago and I just can't take it apart, it is all sparkly and magical, that said I hardly ever wear it Rolling Eyes

That was then and this is now P1120930_zpstndehz6p
That was then and this is now P1120928_zpspvpcwgq6
That was then and this is now P1120931_zpsaihvd2p0
That was then and this is now P1120929_zps3oxni03k

Baby of the three (and work in progress) is my Bower bracelet with apologies to Smaug who did the same thing but far far better  Wink ) I have wanted Bowers for years but didn't take the plunge until the recent sale at Luis, I like it like this, but am planning to replace the pearls and ambers with artisan glass, I would like this combo to eventually be all artisan.

That was then and this is now P1120936_zpso37jqetz
That was then and this is now P1120937_zpslwdgli8j
That was then and this is now P1120938_zpsrrbbdljj

I think the ambers can then become a viking bracelet I would like to make with viking silvers and the pearls can go back to their rightful place on a combo featuring many seals beads (do you remember that Fuzzyfeet?) that I wonder if I will ever finish  Laughing  Laughing So that's me now  sunny
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

That was then and this is now Empty Re: That was then and this is now

Post by Trollperle Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:49 pm

They are all super lovely, my favourite though is the last amber-perlish one Smile I used to think I did not do permanent bracelets, either. But there are a very few now that do indeed stay the same and have done so for more than two years, sometimes they get taken apart when their season has passed, but then next year come together, again. I still add or change a bead here or there, though Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:18 pm

Your bracelets are all so different but special. I like that you are focussed on what you want to wear Smile
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:33 pm

Your peacock pearls are some of the best I've ever seen. Love the real purple ones. And it's nice to see your assembly of Bower Beads. I always love seeing them. I can't choose a favorite. But if I had to, it would be the one featuring your Bower Beads because I like the amber and pearls and mix of silver. I can tell they are all very personal to you, and that's what makes them special, all three of them. Since I like sparkle and magic, your Hansel and Gretel bracelet is super and that big fat artisan bead to the left of Trollbeads Porcupine bead and that fat labradorite are to die for.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:36 pm

I love your designs, I am working on a Seals bracelet which I'm sure was an idea of yours, it may take me a while to complete though Wink
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:33 pm

I love them all! Impossible to pick a favorite!
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:15 pm

I think I like the combo of colors in the last one. I love seeing the pearls mixed in like that. I love the play of shapes, as well.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:34 pm

Ooh thank you for the pictures Hurray I adore your Hansel and Gretel combo, that is magical. I would wear that everyday! And the Bowerbeads all together are perfect. You always seem to be deliberate and thoughtful in choosing each bead, which is evident in each of their unique quality. And everyone needs a special silvers bracelet I love you Great to have you back!
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:55 pm

It is very funny... I though I was over my addiction... But seeing this beauties... I am not sure anymore!
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollEcat Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:16 pm

All three bracelets are real eye-catchers! But what I like best is your Bower bracelet. What amazing colors on your pearls and ambers. Wow! Love it!!! Smile
TrollEcat
TrollEcat
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Gnome Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:50 pm

My opinion on permanents has changed over the years too - I think when I started collecting I enjoyed so much switching the beads all the time, i couldn't fathom not taking them apart, but now I appreciate the work it takes to find a 'sweet spot combination' of beads so I hesitate to break them apart, save for the occasional tweaking!

Yours are really nice, and your all silver one reminds me that I should do that more often or make my own all silver combo.
Mini Gnome
Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:57 pm

All wonderful but the Hansel and Gretel is my favourite too sunny  I thought I would have one permanent bracelet...Ended up with so many loose beads and now have almost all permanent combos with  a  couple where I switch out the glass. I only have 2 spare silvers now.

Last edited by Jules on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jules
Jules
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:12 pm

great combos,
I`d take `m all Exclamation
marigold
marigold
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:20 pm

Wonderful combos. Very Happy I can't bear to take apart my bracelets because I am not a natural designer and it takes me ages to get something I am comfortable with.

Seals is one of my fave beads so I am looking forward to seeing that one too. Very Happy
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayaa Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:50 am

Your all silver bracelet is one of the most beautifull bracelets I have ever seen Shocked I love the retired letter blocks! And your Hans and Gretel bracelet is indeed magic! You should really try to wear it more often, it's a shame to leave such a beauty in your jewelery box.
Mayaa
Mayaa
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:17 pm

I love the moodiness of the Hansel and Gretel bracelet.  It would fit right into my wardrobe.

Ambers and pearls are amazing together, so organic.

Bower beads are beautifully designed and the manufacturing seems to be better than TB.  However, as pretty as they are, I can't relate to Australia, New Zealand themes.  Maybe its because I have always lived in the Midwest of the US.
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum